• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MY final analysis of Board (BFPE) commisioner's right to ask questions -NO !

davidmcbeth

Banned
The board issued out a letter saying they can ask ? during the hearing....nowhere in the law does it say that they have the right to examine witnesses (vs CGS 1-206 for the FIC which says "examine witnesses).

I think they are "getting" this authority under their "policy and procedures" NOT their regulations (see CGS Sec 4-168 if you are interested in seeing how regulations are made). So, they have vested the authority to ask questions unto themselves.

Naughty naughty board...all authority must come from the legislature ... 29-32b(c) details how they can obtain additional information and its while the case is pending ..... when you at the hearing, this time period is over.

Policy and procedures cannot add to the authority the legislature provides under the law .. and this does not state that they have the right to examine witnesses.

davidmcbeth

Banned
They did not like my objection to them asking questions !! One of the commissioners ended up yelling during my hearing.

Guess they don't like to hear the truth! Sucks to be them.

I'll start over again ... no problemo !

SPOProds

They did not like my objection to them asking questions !! One of the commissioners ended up yelling during my hearing.

Guess they don't like to hear the truth! Sucks to be them.

I'll start over again ... no problemo !

I wish i was in CT to attend your hearings, it's like a movie.