• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Leaving Virginia

paramedic

It is with great sadness that my family and I will be leaving one of the greatest states in this country(yea I know it is a commonwealth, but I was too lazy to type the word commonwealth, ;)). I know we have only been to a few events, but we met some great people at those events. I have posted a few stories about my experiences on here, like when a LEO attempted to disarm me and I did not let him. 80% of what I have learned about gun laws I have learned from the great people in the VA forum. The move is mostly due to family issues. Wifes father fell and broke his hip over Thanksgiving, and she was gonna have to spend a lot of time away. My father is also not in the greatest of health, so we felt it best to move closer to them. We will be moving to GA. I know that I can keep up and follow the VA forum, but it will just not be the same, I will miss the opportunies for meet and greets and listening to all the banter. You know like Peter and the no CHP stuff, listening to ED tell everyone to have a voice recorder. So all though it is not completley good bye, it will be a long time before the family and I get to chat face to face. I hope the GA group georgiacarry.org is as strong as VCDL.

Praying all have a Merry Christmas.
The Sammons Family
Owen, Amanda, and Austin.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
While it's always bad to lose a member, I understand all too well that our parents won't be with us forever and need us later in life. A big thumbs up for realizing that while there is still time.

In a way, the move will be bad and good I think. We say you never realize what you had until it's gone. Te bad is you're about to lose your right to OC. The good is that GA appears to be in need of experienced people to point them in the right direction and that if and when you come back to Va. you'll regain that right (assuming the CHiPpers don't win):lol:

Good luck to you and your family!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Our loss is GA's gain. Look at it as new opportunities.

Besides, if you don't check in here regularly, we're gonna talk about you. :)

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
listening to ED tell everyone to have a voice recorder
Have fun in Georgia.. Speaking of Voice Recorders and Georgia.. before you go...

An individual may record or disclose the contents of a wire, oral or electronic communication if he or she is a party to the communication or has received prior consent from one of the parties. The state prohibits the use of cameras to observe private activities without the consent of all parties involved, and also prohibits disclosure of the contents of illegally obtained recordings. However, Georgia carves out an exception, allowing the parents of minor children to intercept private telephonic and electronic communications without consent.
In-person conversations: An individual can record oral conversations where either the person is a party to the conversation or at least one of the participants has consented to the recording. Ga. Code Ann. § 16-11-66(a). The Georgia Court of Appeals, however, interpreted the statute to require the consent of all parties with respect to video recording in private circumstances. See Gavin v. State, 664 S.E.2d 797 (Ga. Ct. App. 2008). State law also prohibits trespassing on private property to eavesdrop or secretly observe activities of another. Ga. Code Ann. § 16-11-62(3).
Electronic communications: Similarly, a person who is either a participant in a telephone or other electronic communication, or with consent from one of the participants, is allowed to record or intercept any such communication. Ga. Code Ann. § 16-11-66(a). The state’s wiretapping and eavesdropping statutes specifically allow for the secret recording or listening to telephone conversations of minor children without consent for the purpose of ensuring their welfare. Ga. Code Ann. § 16-11-66(d).
Hidden cameras: The state prohibits the use of a camera “without the consent of all persons observed, to observe, photograph, or record the activities of another which occur in any private place and out of public view.” Ga. Code Ann. § 16-11-62(2).
Criminal penalties: Violation of any provisions of the wiretapping statute carries a penalty of imprisonment between one and five years or a fine of up to $10,000. Ga. Code Ann. § 16-11-69.
Disclosing recordings: It is illegal for any person to divulge or distribute to any person the content or substance of any private message, photograph or communication without the consent of all parties involved. Ga. Code Ann. § 16-11-62(6). However, Georgia specifically allows the parents of minor children to disclose the contents of secretly intercepted telephone conversations or any electronic communication to a district attorney or law enforcement officer if the parent has a good faith belief that the communication is evidence of criminal conduct involving the child as a victim. Ga. Code Ann. § 16-11-66(d).