• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Disarmed in Aurora by PD

adam3176

From a Colorado OC'er

I was in walmart doing some shopping. When I left and turned the corner just outside the door. 6 LEO's grabbed my arms before I even knew what was going on, and twisted my arms until they hurt, took my wallet, and disarmed me before they even said a word. They told me that I was freaking everyone out inside the store. One of the officers told me thankyou for OC'ing, but he others were not so nice. They didnt say much to me but that in that part of town the only ones that carry guns were gang members, and that I should get my concealed carry. They detained me for just under 8 minutes or so, while they run my id, and looked at my 1911. They handed my 1911 back to me and hesitated to give me my magazine back, and told me to wait until I got back to my car to load it again.

he is asking for recommendations for a good lawyer. Can anyone help?

You think a lawyer is going to do whats best for you? Or the system? I mean come on. If you dont know your rights and dont know how to defend youself then don't carry. You dont need a lawyer. They work for the system they created. The rest is all show. Know that Lawyers police Courts and judges work for their masters. No lawyer will speak the truth. They keep everything low key and play the game. You were kidnapped Plain and simple. taken against your will with No crime being committed. Dont matter what the people say inside the store. No crime happened. And the police can't take your Rights away because of "HEAR SAY"

http://www.youtube.com/user/adam3176?feature=mhee

Last edited:

MKEgal

Vader33 said:
I really wish we had an attorney on the boards who was versed in this sort of thing.
Mike has already commented on this thread, giving his opinion that the OP has grounds for (at least) a 42USC1983 suit. There are several members who are lawyers, or rather have told us they are lawyers. There are probably more people who are lawyers who don't want to be known as such, for whatever reason. You could also go ask User or Administrator.

And Adam, since you're new here you obviously haven't read enough yet to learn that the 2 owners of this site are lawyers. From what I can tell, they are both decent, honorable men.
I also have the good fortune to know several others. (People who are lawyers who are decent & honorable, that is.) A couple of them have helped me immensely.

Also, you did agree to follow the forum rules when you signed up here. I recommend you re-read them, especially #9:
(9) HATE IS NOT WELCOME HERE: Any posts attacking others based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity, or anything other than opposition to gun rights is NOT WELCOME HERE! We reserve the right to impose immediate bans for such behavior.

Last edited:

fighting_for_freedom

Partial quote, MKEGal:

"Also, you did agree to follow the forum rules when you signed up here. I recommend you re-read them, especially #9:[/QUOTE]"

I may be missing something here, but I fail to see how Vader violated forum rules. Seemed to me he was simply making an albeitly uninformed statement.

Edit: I can't seem to get the quote function to work properly. It's been a couple of years since I used these boards, so please bear with me while I get back into practice.

Last edited:

PikesPeakMtnMan

I think MKEGal was addressing two different posters, one in each paragraph. The portion of her post directed to Adam, I believe, is because of the one directly above hers, and not Vader.

...at least that how I see it after reading it a few times...

fighting_for_freedom

Sorry, my bad. I just reread her comment AGAIN after you pointed that out. I completely missed the part where she changes who the portions of the comment are directed at.

This is what I get from posting before I've had my coffee.

lukaszu

. advice.

they keep the recordings for 30 days. If u was stoped by any entry. It would have been recorded also if los prevention was involved there will be a log entry.