Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank heaven for 7-11

Thank heaven for 7-11

Protecting us from those evil unlicensed and unregistered firearms. WTF?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	711.jpg 
Views:	604 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	9673  

If they would've added the unlicensed "concealed" carry of weapons, it would at least be accurate for Nevada. Although an unlicensed carry of a concealed weapon is a felony everywhere in Nevada and not just 7-11.

Where did you see that?
    Hoka hey

Quote Originally Posted by FallonJeeper View Post
    Where did you see that?
    The Spanish Springs one which is the only one I go into so I DNK if they are all posted. It's defiently a corporate sign and not something made locally. I wish I had the time to deal with it. I wonder if the manager would actually call the cops on someone and try to have them charged? With what I haven't a clue but?

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by gunrunner1911 View Post
    The Spanish Springs one which is the only one I go into so I DNK if they are all posted. It's defiently a corporate sign and not something made locally. I wish I had the time to deal with it. I wonder if the manager would actually call the cops on someone and try to have them charged? With what I haven't a clue but?
    I've been there a few times (convenient to some places I go) and never had the question even brought up.

I have licenses to drive, operate ham radio, fly airplanes, use a bunch of different computer programs, etc., so I'm anything but "unlicensed" when I carry my pistol. Note that the sign doesn't specify what KIND of license they are talking about.

I've not seen it confirmed that this sign is even in the state of NV. Because if it is, it is gibberish.

My guess is that it is not in NV.
    Last edited by MAC702; 12-15-2012 at 06:21 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

The OP states it's in a store in Spanish Springs, (North of Reno).

This sign is misinformation. It does not reflect the state laws. Probably intended for those that might believe it and don't know any better. Would be interesting to see what would happen...
    Hoka hey

Thank heaven for 7-11

Funny thing is that this specific sign isn't on the doors of the one at the corner of LV Blvd and Craig... The manager loves it when we carry there. In fact he encourages it...
    IT is better to have a gun on you and NOT need it, than to need a gun and NOT have it on you...

Quote Originally Posted by FallonJeeper View Post
    The OP states it's in a store in Spanish Springs, (North of Reno).

This sign is misinformation. It does not reflect the state laws. ...
    You know I read that "Spanish Springs" post twice and still thought it said it wasn't in his store. I don't know what I was reading. I must be more tired than I thought. Thanks.

But yeah, the sign is not only wrong factually, but also carries no weight of law.

Of course, concealed carry anywhere without a recognized permit is a felony, yes.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

I'm making a trip to Reno/Sparks tomorrow. I just may have to make a stop at 7 Eleven in Spanish Springs, OC of course.
    Hoka hey

Wonder how many criminals have been stopped in their tracks by that sign on their way in to commit a robbery...?

Quote Originally Posted by jfrey123 View Post
    Wonder how many criminals have been stopped in their tracks by that sign on their way in to commit a robbery...?
    Hmmm.. Let me calculate that.

(Number of bad guys in the U.S.) X (number of laws on the books) - (number of bad guys that follow the law) = 0

I hope I got that right, I suck at math!! LOL
    http://washoecountygunrights.blogspot.com/

*** I am NOT a Lawyer, and I DO NOT have any LEGAL EXPERIENCE OR QUALIFICATIONS ***

MOLON LABE

The sign is there in NV I just happen to have the privledge of NOT having to wander into Reno very often so I can't be sure if it exists anywhere else in the vicinity or state.
    I could care less about it being there and I'm sure if I walked in with a gun which I hace both OC and CC no one behind the counter would even notice, dare to say anything about it or even know how to deal with it. Most stop and robs have corporate policies of just hand over the cash and pray you don't get hurt or killed. I would seriously doubt they would say anything. If they did dial 911 it would be after the fact and even if the cop shop did try to do something about what could they really do?
    I just hought it was funny more than anything else ESPECIALLY cause it makes no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by john-in-reno View Post

(Number of bad guys in the U.S.) X (number of laws on the books) - (number of bad guys that follow the law) = 0

Your order of operations is wrong.
    Nevada Campus Carry: The Movement Continues
    http://nvcampuscarry.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada carrier View Post
    Your order of operations is wrong.
    Told ya my math sucked! LOL
    http://washoecountygunrights.blogspot.com/

*** I am NOT a Lawyer, and I DO NOT have any LEGAL EXPERIENCE OR QUALIFICATIONS ***

MOLON LABE

(Number of bad guys in the U.S.) / (number of laws on the books) - (number of bad guys that follow the law) = 0

FIFY.

Yes, Virginia, if you count the federal, state, local and private business rules/policies, there are more laws against guns than there are bad guys.

The only thing worse than dividing a bigger number into a smaller number is dividing by zero - that will cause the universe to turn inside out!

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

I OC the Spanish Springs 7-11almost everyday. Neither the manager or employees have ever said anything negative.

I've never seen the sign, ill look today.
    Last edited by yotetrapper; 12-17-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Hmmm.. Let me calculate that.(Number of bad guys in the U.S.) X (number of laws on the books) - (number of bad guys that follow the law) = 0I hope I got that right, I suck at math!! LOL
    How about:

[(Number of bad guys in the U.S.) - (number of bad guys that follow the law)] X (number of laws on the books) = 0

Although, I would think that the more important metric would be (and is applicable to all countries at all times of history):

(Total Number of "Bad Guys") - (Number of "Bad Guys" that are deterred by "well-intentioned" laws) = (Total Number of "Bad Guys")
    Last edited by carolina guy; 12-17-2012 at 03:42 PM.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

I'm guessing that the sign is just a scare tactic, since 7-Elevens are the top convenient stores to be robbed. Just my opinion.

Banned

Your cyphering ain't so good ... but your avatar is ! So I'm not complaining!

2nd amendment rights for cats?

Thank heaven for 7-11

Quote Originally Posted by gunrunner1911 View Post
    Why would you say it is obviously a corporate sign and not made locally? I could make that sign tonight in less than 30 minutes and have it printed up and on my window this week...I doubt it is a corporate sign given that so many carry into 7-11's with no issue.

Sounds like some folks have been into that 7-11 and haven't seen that sign?
    Last edited by jdholmes; 12-22-2012 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jdholmes View Post
    Why would you say it is obviously a corporate sign and not made locally? I could make that sign tonight in less than 30 minutes and have it printed up and on my window this week...I doubt it is a corporate sign given that so many carry into 7-11's with no issue.

Sounds like some folks have been into that 7-11 and haven't seen that sign?
    Corporate sign? Yes because the managers policy of number of kids in store and no backpacks was hand written this is not and includes th 7-11 logo.

For those that haven't see it maybe they just aren't looking or they are oblivious.

Are you suggesting that I would post it here for another purpose other than to say I saw this?
    wat do i have to gain by that action?
    Did I make this up to put people panties in a twist?
    Please I have better things to do. I saw this a while back and decided I had a few minutes just to post it for laughs. I could care less because yes I do carry in there mostly concealed nw due to the season but OC whenever i feel like it and no no one has said anything to me either and I wouldn't expect any of the people behind the counter to care if they did see it.

Thank heaven for 7-11

The seven eleven logo can be pasted on to anything...it's really not hard.

I find it very hard to believe that a brand as large as 7/11 with the legal teams etc. they have would put out a sign like this one. They would likely approve the printing of basic no guns sign like many other large brands do, but this one is a little far fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by jdholmes View Post
    The seven eleven logo can be pasted on to anything...it's really not hard.

I find it very hard to believe that a brand as large as 7/11 with the legal teams etc. they have would put out a sign like this one. They would likely approve the printing of basic no guns sign like many other large brands do, but this one is a little far fetched.
    JD you have a PM

Well, as FallonJeeper pointed out, that's the same sign I saw in Texas, not at 7-11. So 7-11 is getting more mileage out of their Texas signs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast