• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thank heaven for 7-11

gunrunner1911

Protecting us from those evil unlicensed and unregistered firearms. WTF?

Attachments

• 711.jpg
    711.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 613

jfrey123

If they would've added the unlicensed "concealed" carry of weapons, it would at least be accurate for Nevada. Although an unlicensed carry of a concealed weapon is a felony everywhere in Nevada and not just 7-11.

gunrunner1911

Where did you see that?

The Spanish Springs one which is the only one I go into so I DNK if they are all posted. It's defiently a corporate sign and not something made locally. I wish I had the time to deal with it. I wonder if the manager would actually call the cops on someone and try to have them charged? With what I haven't a clue but?

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
The Spanish Springs one which is the only one I go into so I DNK if they are all posted. It's defiently a corporate sign and not something made locally. I wish I had the time to deal with it. I wonder if the manager would actually call the cops on someone and try to have them charged? With what I haven't a clue but?

I've been there a few times (convenient to some places I go) and never had the question even brought up.

I have licenses to drive, operate ham radio, fly airplanes, use a bunch of different computer programs, etc., so I'm anything but "unlicensed" when I carry my pistol. Note that the sign doesn't specify what KIND of license they are talking about.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I've not seen it confirmed that this sign is even in the state of NV. Because if it is, it is gibberish.

My guess is that it is not in NV.

Last edited:

FallonJeeper

The OP states it's in a store in Spanish Springs, (North of Reno).

This sign is misinformation. It does not reflect the state laws. Probably intended for those that might believe it and don't know any better. Would be interesting to see what would happen...

DooFster

Funny thing is that this specific sign isn't on the doors of the one at the corner of LV Blvd and Craig... The manager loves it when we carry there. In fact he encourages it...

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
The OP states it's in a store in Spanish Springs, (North of Reno).

This sign is misinformation. It does not reflect the state laws. ...

You know I read that "Spanish Springs" post twice and still thought it said it wasn't in his store. I don't know what I was reading. I must be more tired than I thought. Thanks.

But yeah, the sign is not only wrong factually, but also carries no weight of law.

Of course, concealed carry anywhere without a recognized permit is a felony, yes.

john-in-reno

Wonder how many criminals have been stopped in their tracks by that sign on their way in to commit a robbery...?

Hmmm.. Let me calculate that.

(Number of bad guys in the U.S.) X (number of laws on the books) - (number of bad guys that follow the law) = 0

I hope I got that right, I suck at math!! LOL

gunrunner1911

The sign is there in NV I just happen to have the privledge of NOT having to wander into Reno very often so I can't be sure if it exists anywhere else in the vicinity or state.
I could care less about it being there and I'm sure if I walked in with a gun which I hace both OC and CC no one behind the counter would even notice, dare to say anything about it or even know how to deal with it. Most stop and robs have corporate policies of just hand over the cash and pray you don't get hurt or killed. I would seriously doubt they would say anything. If they did dial 911 it would be after the fact and even if the cop shop did try to do something about what could they really do?
I just hought it was funny more than anything else ESPECIALLY cause it makes no sense at all.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

(Number of bad guys in the U.S.) / (number of laws on the books) - (number of bad guys that follow the law) = 0

FIFY.

Yes, Virginia, if you count the federal, state, local and private business rules/policies, there are more laws against guns than there are bad guys.

The only thing worse than dividing a bigger number into a smaller number is dividing by zero - that will cause the universe to turn inside out!

stay safe.

yotetrapper

I OC the Spanish Springs 7-11almost everyday. Neither the manager or employees have ever said anything negative.

I've never seen the sign, ill look today.

Last edited:

carolina guy

Hmmm.. Let me calculate that.(Number of bad guys in the U.S.) X (number of laws on the books) - (number of bad guys that follow the law) = 0I hope I got that right, I suck at math!! LOL

How about:

[(Number of bad guys in the U.S.) - (number of bad guys that follow the law)] X (number of laws on the books) = 0

Although, I would think that the more important metric would be (and is applicable to all countries at all times of history):

(Total Number of "Bad Guys") - (Number of "Bad Guys" that are deterred by "well-intentioned" laws) = (Total Number of "Bad Guys")

Last edited:

KiDGiB

I'm guessing that the sign is just a scare tactic, since 7-Elevens are the top convenient stores to be robbed. Just my opinion.

davidmcbeth

Banned

(Number of bad guys in the U.S.) X (number of laws on the books) - (number of bad guys that follow the law) = 0

Your cyphering ain't so good ... but your avatar is ! So I'm not complaining!

2nd amendment rights for cats?