• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newcomer

ConcordScout

I'm moving to Utah next year from Washington State. What do I need to know as far as basic Utah State gun laws? I have a current Concealed Carry License from WA and I think there's reciprocity between our States but am open to advice from the long-time members.

I'm also looking for an area with fairly inexpensive land where my wife and I could rent or buy a 1-5 acre plot to start a small canopy-styled organic earth-sheltered permaculture farm. Any ideas? I'm open to suggestions. I may sound hippy but I'm conservative and all that mumbo jumbo means is my garden will use less fuel, be more efficient, make me more food, and eventually, do it all with less daily work from me. Thanks.

PS: I LOVE open carry. Hope the neighbors don't mind.

ConcordScout

yessss

...that zombie cow thread that refuses to stay dead?...

Time to search out an old thread I see... Happy to assault that deceased animal of the equine variety.

Edit: hmmm... maybe I'll leave that thread alone... lol

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Time to search out an old thread I see... Happy to assault that deceased animal of the equine variety.

Edit: hmmm... maybe I'll leave that thread alone... lol

No, no. Go for it. It only adds to the mystique. Outside of some of the report threads like "OCing in Sometown", that is the oldest, most deadest, but comingest back to life thread in the history of the forum. It simply won't stay dead. And, since its about zombie cows, that's the whole point--undead.

:D

jpm84092

Welcome To Utah

Welcome to Utah. Utah recognizes the permit / license of any other State and Utah Law recognizes them as being equivalent to a Utah Permit for the purposes of a Utah Gun Free School Zone (GFSZ). However, Federal Law does not. Thus, rather than having to avoid GFSZ locations, I recommend you obtain a Utah Permit so there will be no ambiguity. Many on this forum are both NRA Certified and Utah Department of Public Safety Certified Firearms Instructors so look one of us up when you get here.

Your question about "cheap land" is not so easy to answer. Utah is in the high country desert and water is a valued commodity. And, even if you can find land with a natural water source, you may not be able to tap into it because of "water rights". You may have to end up locating your garden in a remote rural location and hauling water.

Yellow Cat Out -