• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A legend has gone to his maker

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
I just found out that Bob Munden passed away on Monday, however the reports I have read were filed on the 12th. Bob was an inspiration and a real legend. As I recall, he could draw, fire, and hit a target with his Single Action Army revolver in 2/100ths of a second. I once saw a video of him in split screen fire three shots with his revolver faster than his opponent managed with a 1911 (.20 seconds versus Bob's .16 seconds).

The man was amazing and will be missed.

http://missoulian.com/news/state-an...cle_e71e33e6-448a-11e2-9c0c-0019bb2963f4.html

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Wow. A showman with speed.

I was always a little suspicious that he started with his hand on the gun, but even so, I've seen lightning give up and go home when he was around. And, accurate too. There's a video out there somewhere of him hitting a silohuette target repeatedly in the x-ring, fast-draw--from the hip. Nice tight group.

Last edited:

mark-in-texas

My favorite Munden was when he did 200yrd shots with a J-frame snubbie!! Definitly was an entertaining guy. Condolences to his family.

EMNofSeattle

I remember watch American Shooter with Jim Scouten as a kid, Bob was always my favorite guest on that show. That guy was 9 kinds of amazing in skill.

I don't know what to do now, my zombie apocalypse plan involved trying to recruit him into my gang of survivors....

seriously though, my condolences to the Munden family.