Thread: Assault weapons ban?

"Assault weapons" ban?

I just saw a story on FOX 12 that Ceasefire Oregon is sponsoring a bill to ban "assault weapons" tomorrow. I could not find anything about it online. Has anyone else heard about this or plan on attending any meetings about it? Supposedly its a one day session.
    Last edited by Cremator75; 12-14-2012 at 02:48 PM.

A quick search found this...

http://www.oregonlive.com/mapes/inde..._shooting.html

It appears that OR ceasefire is simply going to scour the halls looking for someone who will co-sponsor a bill that some liberal has already promised introduce.

I see nothing in terms of an actual committee hearing on such legislation. unless a legislator in Oregon can introduce bills directly to the floor? In WA bills have to go through committee, and every AWB that's gotten that far in WA has died right there in committee, with a big frickin' DO NOT RECUSSITATE order right on it....

I'm checking the OR legislature's website, so no committee hearings scheduled for that topic though....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Re: Assault weapons ban?

Thanks, I just caught the tail end of their story and did not find anything on their sight. Hopefully if something does happen its DOA like in Washington.

I was over commenting with the hoplophobes in that article. If they are representitive of oregon, you folks are cooked. Such fear of inanimate objects and absolutely no idea as to what a weapon is. "it's a gun, ban them!!!" Run...Hide...
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

As the Mayor of Chicago said:

"never let a good crisis go unexploited"

I happened to be in the local Sportsmans Warehouse today.....not a single AR-15 on the shelf ALL SOLD.....not a single 30 round AR-15 mag on the rack ALL SOLD. The only 223 ammunition on the shelf was tracer rounds (who wants them to know where you're shooting from).

There were twice as many people as I'm used to seeing on a busy day (at the gun counter) and baskets were full of various ammunition, reloading supplies, etc.

So...everyone should say THANK YOU to ceasefire Oregon for helping boost the economy in the firearms sector this week.

And then contact your representatives and tell them we're not interested in any more regulations that will do nothing to address the problem. Instead they need to strengthen preemption so that schools can no longer side step the LAW and prohibit law abiding carry in our schools and colleges.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

My dad walked into a surplus store in lakewood, Washington and bought 6 30 rounders for 5 bucks each, of course these are all well worn, but probably still functional.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Re: Assault weapons ban?

Unless they're bent you can make those work.