• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Assault weapons ban?

Cremator75

"Assault weapons" ban?

I just saw a story on FOX 12 that Ceasefire Oregon is sponsoring a bill to ban "assault weapons" tomorrow. I could not find anything about it online. Has anyone else heard about this or plan on attending any meetings about it? Supposedly its a one day session.

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

A quick search found this...

http://www.oregonlive.com/mapes/index.ssf/2012/12/clackamas_town_center_shooting.html

It appears that OR ceasefire is simply going to scour the halls looking for someone who will co-sponsor a bill that some liberal has already promised introduce.

I see nothing in terms of an actual committee hearing on such legislation. unless a legislator in Oregon can introduce bills directly to the floor? In WA bills have to go through committee, and every AWB that's gotten that far in WA has died right there in committee, with a big frickin' DO NOT RECUSSITATE order right on it....

I'm checking the OR legislature's website, so no committee hearings scheduled for that topic though....

Cremator75

Thanks, I just caught the tail end of their story and did not find anything on their sight. Hopefully if something does happen its DOA like in Washington.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I was over commenting with the hoplophobes in that article. If they are representitive of oregon, you folks are cooked. Such fear of inanimate objects and absolutely no idea as to what a weapon is. "it's a gun, ban them!!!" Run...Hide...

We-the-People

I happened to be in the local Sportsmans Warehouse today.....not a single AR-15 on the shelf ALL SOLD.....not a single 30 round AR-15 mag on the rack ALL SOLD. The only 223 ammunition on the shelf was tracer rounds (who wants them to know where you're shooting from).

There were twice as many people as I'm used to seeing on a busy day (at the gun counter) and baskets were full of various ammunition, reloading supplies, etc.

So...everyone should say THANK YOU to ceasefire Oregon for helping boost the economy in the firearms sector this week.

And then contact your representatives and tell them we're not interested in any more regulations that will do nothing to address the problem. Instead they need to strengthen preemption so that schools can no longer side step the LAW and prohibit law abiding carry in our schools and colleges.