• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wreath laying

mpguy

Albert G Horton Vet Cemetery will be laying Xmas wreaths this Sat. Everything starts at 9:30 Am. Oc shouldn't be a issue. Come join the fun. Coffee should be served.

5310 Milners Road.
Suffolk Va 23434

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mpguy

Its a state ran cemetery. I can't cite one of my original posts because I'm on my phone atm. If you happen to look it up, before I get home, was that information in that discussion incorrect?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Its a state ran cemetery. I can't cite one of my original posts because I'm on my phone atm. If you happen to look it up, before I get home, was that information in that discussion incorrect?

I can't look it up now, the board keeps crashing. If its State, you may be OK but if it is under the Veterans Administration's control, carry is out.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

Phone atm? Jeezus! Droid Razr's dispense cash? What won't they think of next?

I have so got to update my technology.

:D

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

Tools of the Devil!

666-phone.jpg

mpguy

Hey it works...:p

Besides it's also my digital recorder. Nothing like having 48 hrs of straight talk time password protected. :)

mpguy

Ok, I'm in front of a PC now. This is the thread I started back in April.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...o-oc-while-visiting-a-veteran-state-cementary

Here is our website.

http://www.dvs.virginia.gov/cemetery_horton.shtml

I've looked over it, and didn't see where it would be a problem. I also contacted the Ground's Manager, and using his words, "We are the Department of Veteran Services, for the Commonwealth of Virginia. We abide buy the law's of the Commonwealth."

I would take that, as it's ok to Oc, and also If it mean's anything, I learned about VCDL threw a member of there's almost a 3 month's before finding this website while on the job. He was doing find-a-grave for someone, during the weekend I worked. I inquired about the gun, because It wasn't long before that, my wife was robbed at her job. I assisted him, and talked about about having it there at the cementary, and he mentioned that Virginia was a OC state, and it was perfectly legal. Not that this bothered me, i grew up around guns threw my Dad, G-dad, and Uncle who served in the Airborne.

Any rate, back on topic. If Myself, or the gentlemen was mistaken, its cool. The last thing I want, is to spread mis-information, and ask for the forgiveness in error if there is one, as I'm still learning myself.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Ok, I'm in front of a PC now. This is the thread I started back in April.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...o-oc-while-visiting-a-veteran-state-cementary

Here is our website.

http://www.dvs.virginia.gov/cemetery_horton.shtml

I've looked over it, and didn't see where it would be a problem. I also contacted the Ground's Manager, and using his words, "We are the Department of Veteran Services, for the Commonwealth of Virginia. We abide buy the law's of the Commonwealth."

I would take that, as it's ok to Oc, and also If it mean's anything, I learned about VCDL threw a member of there's almost a 3 month's before finding this website while on the job. He was doing find-a-grave for someone, during the weekend I worked. I inquired about the gun, because It wasn't long before that, my wife was robbed at her job. I assisted him, and talked about about having it there at the cementary, and he mentioned that Virginia was a OC state, and it was perfectly legal. Not that this bothered me, i grew up around guns threw my Dad, G-dad, and Uncle who served in the Airborne.

Any rate, back on topic. If Myself, or the gentlemen was mistaken, its cool. The last thing I want, is to spread mis-information, and ask for the forgiveness in error if there is one, as I'm still learning myself.

Nope.....looks like you did your homework. It should be fine.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
OMG! I'm laughing so hard I can't breathe!! You gotta warn people when you're gonna pull something like that!

PS: OK. I just realized I'm hijacking the thread. I'll be quiet now.