• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wth

amzbrady

WTH, is going on? All the reported shootings lately. Is it the same amount of shootings as normal, just more being reported? Maybe people are being committing mass shootings for gun control. Are they being controlled? I guess it could be the economy pushing people over the edge, but I doubt it at this rediculous rate. I find it strange that so many would commit a mass shooting then suicide without a note, or somekind of odd behavior leading up to it. Any thoughts on this?

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Another this morning. People attempting to "ban" certain weapons in oregon already. Like the last election, this will be decided by fear, feelings, and the heat of the moment. Be careful, be strong, be supportive.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
At least 26 dead in shooting at Connecticut elementary school

DEVELOPING: Authorities say at least 26 people, including 18 children, were killed Friday when a gunman opened fire inside a Connecticut elementary school.

A law enforcement official said the shooter, who is dead, is believed to be a father of one of the students at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown. Authorities recovered a Glock and Sig Sauer 9mm handgun, but it was unclear who killed the shooter, who wore black combat garb and a military vest.
An official with knowledge of the situation said the man, described as in his 20's, had two guns. The motive is not yet known.

Our society needs to come to grips with the only way to minimize or stop threats and killings as this is to take steps to defending yourself becomes prevalent.

Last edited:

aa1911

this is terrible, looks like there's a second shooter also, not just the one (dead) one.

I don't think there's any more (per capita anyway), but I'm sure the media will make this an epidemic if they can.

You can't stop someone who's willing to do psychotic behavior (unless you shoot back!!)

decklin

Now they're saying 27 killed. 18 were children.
Shooter is dead. He was 24 years old with 4 guns.
There is a second person in custody. Connection to shooting is unknown.
Shooter is thought to have a relationship with someone at school.

Info from live t.v. feed via ABC.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Newtown, CT School Shooting

Obama response to the shooting beyond the normal condolences, he stated that we cannot go on any longer in not taking reasonable steps to stop this acts and essentially he will be acting as a president and not doing politics when in plain speak, here comes another attempt at a AWB and possibly more gun restrictions, no surprise here and not that he can get it done.

In the news conference the shooter killed his Father and then drove to his Mother's and killed her and then went to his Mother's Kindergarten School Class and killed them! What a sick sob...

EMNofSeattle

I think mass media does it....

I think half these freaks want to be known in the news after they commit suicide or get smoked by the cops,
and what better way to do that then to rack up a body count at an elementary skrool? Of course it will be played by the media for the next two weeks, watching fox news this morning they haven't talked about anything else...

how much you wanna bet that NBC nightly with Brian Williams will discuss even one other news story other then this shooting?

Also we now live in a society where human life is has been cheapened, to the point wher.... nah never mind that's a different discussion for a different day

But I believe they do mass shootings in this way because they count on being known in infamy after their demise

just my $00.02 in todays dollars.

davidmcbeth

Banned
In the SCOTUS Heller (1st one) and/or McDonald case the court recognized that deaths would likely occur if found to be an individual right. They basically said that this possibility does not invalidate the right.

So, we could have this occur every day and it would no relevance to our 2nd amendment rights.

Alpine

People are still reeling and in shock, never a good time to decide anything.

The guy stole the guns from his mother, so far from the reports. No gun laws would have stopped that.

The people asking for gun laws need to consider what the anti-gun lobby have done to schools, churches and other places: made them target rich environments where rogue gunmen can go and feel reasonably safe that no one there has a gun and can oppose them. I grew up hearing stories from my grandfather who grew up in the old, old west about how the school-teacher kept a shotgun in the classroom for bears, cougars, and the town drunks. Just imagine if some of the school administrators and/or teachers had been armed and trained, this could have been stopped. We now require airline pilots to be trained and armed, why not teachers?

No amount of gun ban laws will ever fix this. People bent on mass murder will find a way with explosives, gas, even knives (see the crazy event in China).

America has a schizophrenic attitude toward guns. We glamorize them in movies, music and video games, but in real life we teach people to be deathly afraid of them. This horrifying dichotomy causes insane attitudes toward firearms. Look at places like Switzerland which has one of the highest guns-per-capita in the world. Granted, the male population is their army and is required to all keep guns in their homes, but they have a different cultural attitude toward firearms.

We need to teach children from an early age that a gun isn't to be feared or glamorized. It is a tool, like a buzz-saw or an axe or a hammer. The more people who are taught to safely use and understand firearms, the safer society will be.

LkWd_Don

~~ snipped ~~ people asking for gun laws need to consider what the anti-gun lobby have done to schools, churches and other places: made them target rich environments ~~ snipped ~~ We now require airline pilots to be trained and armed, why not teachers?
~~ snipped ~~

100+ on both counts!

Metalhead47

Bubububububububut guns are baaaaad! If we just banned guns, or even just the ebil black scarey-looking ones things like this wouldn't happen!

It's not like some madman could just mow people down with a car or make a bomb out of a propane tank...... right??

So, in all seriousness, who's got the best price around here on a crate of stripped lowers? North end would be nice, but I'm willing to drive....

Metalhead47

The people asking for gun laws need to consider what the anti-gun lobby have done to schools, churches and other places: made them target rich environments where rogue gunmen can go and feel reasonably safe that no one there has a gun and can oppose them. I grew up hearing stories from my grandfather who grew up in the old, old west about how the school-teacher kept a shotgun in the classroom for bears, cougars, and the town drunks. Just imagine if some of the school administrators and/or teachers had been armed and trained, this could have been stopped. We now require airline pilots to be trained and armed, why not teachers?

View attachment 9675

Last edited:

LkWd_Don

Bubububububububut guns are baaaaad! If we just banned guns, or even just the ebil black scarey-looking ones things like this wouldn't happen!

It's not like some madman could just mow people down with a car or make a bomb out of a propane tank...... right??

So, in all seriousness, who's got the best price around here on a crate of stripped lowers? North end would be nice, but I'm willing to drive....

You might try Surplus Ammo

amzbrady

Thing I find odd is the colorado movie theatre shooting, the oregon mall, now this seem to have something in common. Young 20 something mentally unstabel guys, with bullet proof vests. Kinda seems orchestrated.

Any one who thinks getting rid of guns will solve anything MAY be a libtard, but they are definitly an idiot.
China banned guns and look what happened.
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/03/23/20100323man-kills-students-at-china-school.html

I do agree that the media needs to stop glamorizing the shootings and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, broadcasting these shooting to help prevent the copycats.

Last edited:

LkWd_Don

Thing I find odd is the colorado movie theatre shooting, the oregon mall, now this seem to have something in common. Young 20 something mentally unstabel guys, with bullet proof vests. Kinda seems orchestrated.

Any one who thinks getting rid of guns will solve anything MAY be a libtard, but they are definitly an idiot.
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/03/23/20100323man-kills-students-at-china-school.html

I do agree that the media needs to stop glamorizing the shootings and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, and repeatedly, broadcasting these shooting to help prevent the copycats.

I agree with you on most counts here. Especially about the MSM when they clearly state "the shooter was carrying a semi-automatic Assault Rifle" something that is intended to make most folks who do not know better think that any Semi-Automatic Rifle is the same as an Assault Rifle.

Just like how our Politicians constantly are guilty of History Revisionism when they Claim this is an offense against our Democracy!

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
With all the disinformation being provided by the police (he used a 223 rifle, he had one in his car, etc) I simply will not believe anything the police will finalize as their "story" because that's what it will be, a story if they start yapping on about a rifle (in respect to firearms used).

And the fact that they did not allow the press to have access is another BIG issue...

EMNofSeattle

Was this shooter wearing a body armor vest?

I thought the CO and OR mall shooters were found to be wearing load-bearing vests with no body plates. It didn't get run in the media much, but when I was at the puyallup fair I got to talk to a state trooper who knew one of the colorado officers, and he said that he had a vest, but no armor plates inserted

The body armor, at least in the CO and OR shootings appears to be a media spread myth...