Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Elementry School Shooting. Kids killed. Shooter dead.

Elementry School Shooting. Kids killed. Shooter dead.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...12-14-12-21-31

There was an elementry school shooting in Newtown, Conn. I cannot imagine the pain those parents must be feeling right now. The shooter is dead and they have not reported if he took his own life or if it was police.

This is an absolute tragedy and I prey for the families.

Who knows what might come of this but I know it will not end well for gun owners here in America.

Once again, when people ask me why I carry, I have something els to say, "Because of Newtown."
    How's that Gun Free School Zone Act working out for you?

This is just horrible, and makes me sick to my stomach.

Please respond with updates as they happen.

Another damn shooting...

I've never heard of a Home School mass shooting... My kids will never darken the door of the local school.

I blogged on this and I don't want to hijack the thread. LINK to "Another damn shooting..." at Freedom First 1775 Read and comment there.

This nation is in denial, our collective and individual sin is bringing this to our door. 2 Chron 7:14. Pray it daily.
    Freedom can never be lost, only given away by ignorance, by choice, or at the point of a gun. Here in America we can still choose.

Freedom First 1775

"I aim to misbehave..." Malcolm Reynolds

WTF is going on in this country? The idea that more guns make us safer isn't going to fly with most Americans after these kinds of incidences. I don't know what I, as a gun owner/enthusiast, can do or say to persuade folks that guns don't kill people when 18 children die.

Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    WTF is going on in this country? The idea that more guns make us safer isn't going to fly with most Americans after these kinds of incidences. I don't know what I, as a gun owner/enthusiast, can do or say to persuade folks that guns don't kill people when 18 children die.
    Gun Free Safety Zone Act did it work?
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

It certainly doesn't make our argument any easier does it?

Well, you can point them towards this story (and others like it): http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-20723910

You don't need a gun to commit these mass attacks / killings.
    Minds are like parachutes. Just because you lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine...

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D. View Post
    It certainly doesn't make our argument any easier does it?

Well, you can point them towards this story (and others like it): http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-20723910

You don't need a gun to commit these mass attacks / killings.
    Just what is your argument? I already know what Beebobby's is, so is yours the same as his, a liberal/progressive on a second amendment site stirring the pot?
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

why can't these idiots

just take themselves out in the privacy of their own homes??? or at least have the decency to go attack a police station if they have to attack anyone? They keep shooting themselves anyway...so what does it matter if the "victims" shoot back??
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Watching BBC TV as I write.

They keep on repeating that the ease with which US citizens can access and carry guns and that Obama should do what he promised: make it more difficult for US citizens to keep and beat arms.

Actually, it appears that the shooter used a .22 caliber rifle. This kind of rifles is very easy to get hold of in almost any country in the world, including the UK.
    "Guns don't kill people, people kill people"

NRA Member
    EFA Member

Angry

Its sickining that this has happened, what would make a person shoot some of his moms students.. prayers go out to all of the victims families. They say it started in the principals office and went from there. Thy also say he used an assault rifle, .223 sized ammo with multiple magazines. This is just pathetic that the shooter would take lives of so many innocents.

Place the blame where it belongs, first, on the perpetrator, second, on the parents, staff, and lawmakers who passed, supported, or allowed the passage of the laws that prevented the parents and staff from being able to defend the lives of the children.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Just what is your argument? I already know what Beebobby's is, so is yours the same as his, a liberal/progressive on a second amendment site stirring the pot?
    Sir,

I believe you misunderstood both our posts. Far be it for me to put words into beebobby's mouth, but what I think what he was trying to get at was this:

Every time a mass shooting occurs, we (the 2nd amendment supporters) get unfairly cast in a negative light by the media and are portrayed as the bad guys. I was merely stating that mass shootings like this don't make it any easier for us to make a *pro* argument for guns with someone that may be on the fence on the issue. For instance, I have a couple people in my office who were discussing the shooting event in Newtown this morning (we all live within 40 min. of where the shooting occurred). The two people in question, saw the news and immediately said "We really need further gun control to help stop things like these". They merely reacted with: Guns are bad. They need to be more well-regulated. I had to spend the next hour firmly explaining why that makes no sense. So all-in-all the event this morning made my argument more difficult against the ignorant. That is all. BTW, I have a Gen 3 G19 strapped on me right now. Liberal/progressive! Sheesh....

Regards,

Kabukiman
    Minds are like parachutes. Just because you lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine...

True. And now the president is gonna speak from the Brady briefing room. As in the Brady act.
    Also it was a glock and a sig that was used in the shooting, the bushmaster was in the vehicle. Damn.

Just heard the lastest up date said several are dead a long ways from 27.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Gun Free Safety Zone Act did it work?
    I've never understood the entire concept of the "Gun Free Zone". All it does it keep an armed good guy from entering the premises; someone that could potentially *stop* a murderer. The bad guy really doesn't care if it's a gun free zone or not. They are there to do as much damage as possible and probably suicide afterwards. I don't think they really care if there is a little sign with a gun and a red line through it...
    Last edited by Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D.; 12-14-2012 at 03:56 PM.

Centurion
    IT is the CRIMINAL ACT of an individual NOT the tool used to accomplish the act.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Activist Member
    Michael Moore has said we need to honor these children with tougher gun control laws. WRONG!

We need to honor these children by repealing the FGFSZ! This law has killed numerous people! I believe it is obvious that words on paper (FGFSZ) and a sign on the door do NOT stop someone from killing innocent people! If someone has decided to MURDER, then violating a gun control law means absolutely NOTHING!

We need to contact our senators and representatives IMMEDIATELY and demand that the FGFSZ be repealed! This law turns our children and educators at K-12 schools into defenseless targets that can do nothing but cowar in fear as they are easily dispatched from this life by a lunatic bent on taking the lives of INNOCENT Human beings!

Where is the logic of anti-gunners when they call for more gun control? They are the ones that demanded the FGFSZ and they got what they asked for! They are the ones responsible for the murder of every man, woman and CHILD that has been killed since this law took effect!

I for one am TIRED of watching OUR children lose their lives over this foolish game of cat and mouse! Their arguments are based on biased lies and nothing more! Their agenda is killing people, and I am sick and tired and MAD AS HELL!

We have to stop allowing these people to get their way, because when they get their way they are killing people ex post facto! After these insidious laws are passed people die -- plain and simple!

They say the police will protect us!? WRONG! The police will NOT protect us and it is NOT their job to protect us! This insidious act today proves that police cannot protect us!

Just imagine if the principle or another educator had been in possession of a firearm! We would not have lost precious lives like we did! As soon as the man was spotted or the first shots were heard someone could have IMMEDIATELY been into action and in the process of dispatching this lunatic! Did this happen? NO! Our government does not believe law-abiding citizens should be allowed to carry in a K-12 school (even though we carry everywhere else without incident), and they would rather watch CHILDREN lose their lives than to allow someone the means to protect their self and those innocent, loving children!
    Last edited by KYGlockster; 12-14-2012 at 03:46 PM.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

I have three children, I can't begin to imagine what these parents are feeling, frankly I hope I never have to. That being said, mark my words someone will try to push a gun control bill through Congress named in honor of these kids. It will not bode well for 2A folks.

Just heard confirmation on number killed 20 students 6 adults the shooter and one off site.

Not your Typical mass shooter normally a lot of wounded not many here.

A sad sad day.

Expect the anti's to come out in full force.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D. View Post
    I've never understood the entire concept of the "Gun Free Zone". All it does it keep an armed good guy from entering the premiss; someone that could potentially *stop* a murderer. The bad guy really doesn't care if it's a gun free zone or not. They are there to do as much damage as possible and probably suicide afterwards. I don't think they really care if there is a little sign with a gun and a red line through it...

GUN CONTROL have never been about crime control. It has allways been about people control.

Gun control never have and never will stop or control crime.

Lowest Common Denominator . . .

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    IT is the CRIMINAL ACT of an individual NOT the tool used to accomplish the act.
    It is actually the system of a criminal actor and the tool [a gun, in this case] that actually accomplished the act. The gun alone cannot shoot 20 children and 6 adults to death. The criminal actor cannot shoot 26 humans without a gun.

Blame the gun only: wrong. Blame the actor only: wrong. It's the system which is to be assessed and understood. And acted upon.

I am so sorry for the parents of these little kids and for the others that were killed by some demented monster.
    Last edited by HankT; 12-14-2012 at 04:28 PM.

I am just imagining...

The teachers hearing gunshots in Principal's office immediately locking their classroom doors, getting the kids under cover and drawing their school issue sidearms and covering the now locked door with the kids safely behind her.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

As the president said it is time to act.

It is time to do away with false misleading hope of gun control.

Gun free zones allow shooters like this to run wild with out any body to stop them.

Naturally, fear-mongerring, Obama's going to grab our guns now, paranoid clingers unite. How about we wait a few hours, maybe first talk about how terrible this is...theres plenty of time to go on political diatribes about homeschooling and armed teachers. Get a freaking clue people.

This is a terrible loss for all families involved.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by carolina guy View Post
    The teachers hearing gunshots in Principal's office immediately locking their classroom doors, getting the kids under cover and drawing their school issue sidearms and covering the now locked door with the kids safely behind her.
    Good stuff. My school room has a 105 pound canine doorbell and a redheaded mother who is really mean with her Mossberg 500.
    Freedom can never be lost, only given away by ignorance, by choice, or at the point of a gun. Here in America we can still choose.

Freedom First 1775

"I aim to misbehave..." Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by rukahs View Post
    True. And now the president is gonna speak from the Brady briefing room. As in the Brady act.
    Also it was a glock and a sig that was used in the shooting, the bushmaster was in the vehicle. Damn.
    Do you have a news source cite for this? If this is true, the media has already started to downplay that fact.

CNN's running blog of the story merely states, "[Updated at 3:54 p.m. ET] Three guns were found at the scene, CNN's Susan Candiotti reports. According to a law enforcement source, the third weapon found on the scene was a .223 Bushmaster. The other weapons, previously reported, are a Glock, and a Sig-Sauer. No word on the models of Glock or Sig-Sauer."

If it was really in the vehicle, the blog report is quite misleading.

TFred

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast