• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Elementry School Shooting. Kids killed. Shooter dead.

carolina guy

I am just imagining...

The teachers hearing gunshots in Principal's office immediately locking their classroom doors, getting the kids under cover and drawing their school issue sidearms and covering the now locked door with the kids safely behind her.

Firearms Iinstuctor

As the president said it is time to act.

It is time to do away with false misleading hope of gun control.

Gun free zones allow shooters like this to run wild with out any body to stop them.

Beretta92FSLady

Naturally, fear-mongerring, Obama's going to grab our guns now, paranoid clingers unite. How about we wait a few hours, maybe first talk about how terrible this is...theres plenty of time to go on political diatribes about homeschooling and armed teachers. Get a freaking clue people.

This is a terrible loss for all families involved.

Freedom First

The teachers hearing gunshots in Principal's office immediately locking their classroom doors, getting the kids under cover and drawing their school issue sidearms and covering the now locked door with the kids safely behind her.

Good stuff. My school room has a 105 pound canine doorbell and a redheaded mother who is really mean with her Mossberg 500.

TFred

True. And now the president is gonna speak from the Brady briefing room. As in the Brady act.
Also it was a glock and a sig that was used in the shooting, the bushmaster was in the vehicle. Damn.
Do you have a news source cite for this? If this is true, the media has already started to downplay that fact.

CNN's running blog of the story merely states, "[Updated at 3:54 p.m. ET] Three guns were found at the scene, CNN's Susan Candiotti reports. According to a law enforcement source, the third weapon found on the scene was a .223 Bushmaster. The other weapons, previously reported, are a Glock, and a Sig-Sauer. No word on the models of Glock or Sig-Sauer."

If it was really in the vehicle, the blog report is quite misleading.

TFred

Beretta92FSLady

As the president said it is time to act.

It is time to do away with false misleading hope of gun control.

Gun free zones allow shooters like this to run wild with out any body to stop them.

Hmm, are we as firearm owners ready to acknowledge its easier to slaughter 27 people with a firearm than a knife? Im not stating we ought to restrict or ban firearms, just pointing out how nonsensicle it is to be climbing aboard your wagon right now.

carolina guy

Naturally, fear-mongerring, Obama's going to grab our guns now, paranoid clingers unite. How about we wait a few hours, maybe first talk about how terrible this is...theres plenty of time to go on political diatribes about homeschooling and armed teachers. Get a freaking clue people.

(*SHRUG*) I see no reason to wait. This was a tragedy that might, or might not have been avoidable, but I see no reason to put my thinking cap aside.

This is a terrible loss for all families involved.

Agreed.

Beretta92FSLady

Do you have a news source cite for this? If this is true, the media has already started to downplay that fact.CNN's running blog of the story merely states, "[Updated at 3:54 p.m. ET] Three guns were found at the scene, CNN's Susan Candiotti reports. According to a law enforcement source, the third weapon found on the scene was a .223 Bushmaster. The other weapons, previously reported, are a Glock, and a Sig-Sauer. No word on the models of Glock or Sig-Sauer."If it was really in the vehicle, the blog report is quite misleading.TFred
The entire school is likely considered a scene right now, just a hunch...even if the Bush was out at the vehicle, which sorta doesn't make sense.

Beretta92FSLady

(*SHRUG*) I see no reason to wait. This was a tragedy that might, or might not have been avoidable, but I see no reason to put my thinking cap aside.

Agreed.

If you want to see who can pounce harder on this event, you or Brady, to each his own. 'Think' away.

WalkingWolf

Sir,

I believe you misunderstood both our posts. Far be it for me to put words into beebobby's mouth, but what I think what he was trying to get at was this:

Every time a mass shooting occurs, we (the 2nd amendment supporters) get unfairly cast in a negative light by the media and are portrayed as the bad guys. I was merely stating that mass shootings like this don't make it any easier for us to make a *pro* argument for guns with someone that may be on the fence on the issue. For instance, I have a couple people in my office who were discussing the shooting event in Newtown this morning (we all live within 40 min. of where the shooting occurred). The two people in question, saw the news and immediately said "We really need further gun control to help stop things like these". They merely reacted with: Guns are bad. They need to be more well-regulated. I had to spend the next hour firmly explaining why that makes no sense. So all-in-all the event this morning made my argument more difficult against the ignorant. That is all. BTW, I have a Gen 3 G19 strapped on me right now. Liberal/progressive! Sheesh.... :)

Regards,

Kabukiman
I didn't misunderstand Beebobby, others as well as I have seen his posts enough to know exactly what he is trying to imply. I asked for a clarification of YOUR arguments as you posted as if you are in agreement with his arguments. He has represented himself as pro gun control, pro Obama, liberal/progressive. I am not surprised though that others in your cop shop want to further gun control. It is not a reaction to the travesty but turning it into a opportunity, as Beebobby did. If they really feel that "guns are bad" they should give up theirs and do their job unarmed.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It is actually the system of a criminal actor and the tool [a gun, in this case] that actually accomplished the act. The gun alone cannot shoot 20 children and 6 adults to death. The criminal actor cannot shoot 26 humans without a gun.

Blame the gun only: wrong. Blame the actor only: wrong. It's the system which is to be assessed and understood. And acted upon.

I am so sorry for the parents of these little kids and for the others that were killed by some demented monster.

Disagree.

The inanimate tool bares no responsibility - by itself it has a value of 0 (zero) whether used for evil or good. One could substitute gasoline or propane in place of a gun in that "system" scenario. It is the use to which the individual exercises his control of it that is the determining factor.

For that the perpetrator is 100% responsible.

Otherwise vehicles (transportation to the school), gasoline for propulsion, and air for the tires becomes part of the "system." Again it is the use thereof by the BG that is 100%, solely responsible.

mpguy

I personally believe we've done it there way long enough. It's not working. It's time to let the teacher carry to help protect themselves, and our kids.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Kabukiman is not a cop...it's the name of a movie. Just saying...

A horrible tragedy no matter how you look at it? A sad day for our country. Of course the antis will take advantage of it, in fact, several members of Congress have already made statements regarding the need for more gun control. I don't understand how some people believe that getting rid of guns is the solution, if a guy is going to murder people, then I don't think he really gives a flying f**k about the gun laws.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Warning For Readers

It is actually the system of a criminal actor and the tool [a gun, in this case] that actually accomplished the act. The gun alone cannot shoot 20 children and 6 adults to death. The criminal actor cannot shoot 26 humans without a gun.

Blame the gun only: wrong. Blame the actor only: wrong. It's the system which is to be assessed and understood. And acted upon.

I am so sorry for the parents of these little kids and for the others that were killed by some demented monster.

Dear Users,

HankT has an extensive history of causing upsets and arguments on this forum. He also needles people into losing their cool. It is so extensive one could plausibly say he enjoys seeing others upset, feeds on it.

Don't get drawn into it.

rushcreek2

My initial reaction was shear horror upon learning of the 18 children murdered. MY very next emotion was extreme anger that our stupid, SHEEPLY society continues to allow these tragedies to occur by furthering disarmament.

Adults bear the responsibility for protecting children wherever they may be. Not with GFZ's - but serious SECURITY. YES - ARMED TEACHERS, and aministrators. Every classroom teacher should be required to be armed with a concealed handgun.

More gun control laws are not the solution, but never fear - Obama and the LEFT will waste no time taking full advantage of this tragedy to push another AWB- right away. Then what ? - Because an AWB will not prevent such tragedies.
After - nearly 20 years of this ... we still provide NO SECURITY for our school children?

Colorado may very well pass an AWB now because Colorado doesn't share the border with Mexico.

Texas will not pass an AWB because they share the border with Mexico - and that border war down there has already started.

Don't kid yourselves into thinking it is too early to gear up for a gun control battle. This is what Obama and his ilk have been long waiting for.

The PROBLEM is that our society is SCREWED UP with abortion on demand, violent video games, TV show, and movies.

You cannot prevent murderous insanity - but YOU CAN recognize the threat is real and take measure to defend against it.

Gun control ???

Stop and think about how many deadly weapons, and tools, and other consumer products are on the shelves at your local Walmart.

12" butcher knives, 18" machetes, baseball bats - all just as lethal as a gun. Then consider all of those highly flamable liquid products on the shelves right next to BBQ grill igniters.

The airways will be filled with exclamations, protestations, and prognostications for months over this tragedy, but the bottom line folks is that this could have been prevented by in place security measures. When will we ever learn ?

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion

Sorry, Sir, but it is NEVER the responsibility of the tool and always the responsibility of the TOOL USER. Intent to commit the criminial act and then commiting the act is the problem. Tools are merely the convieniences used to acoomplish the crime.

Banning firearms to prevent crimimal assaults/deaths is equivalent to banning cars to prevent drunk driving!

Last edited:

Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D.

I didn't misunderstand Beebobby, others as well as I have seen his posts enough to know exactly what he is trying to imply. I asked for a clarification of YOUR arguments as you posted as if you are in agreement with his arguments. He has represented himself as pro gun control, pro Obama, liberal/progressive. I am not surprised though that others in your cop shop want to further gun control. It is not a reaction to the travesty but turning it into a opportunity, as Beebobby did. If they really feel that "guns are bad" they should give up theirs and do their job unarmed.

Very well, then. I didn't realize you were basing your response upon beebobbie's historical posts (of which I have not read). As for myself, I am very much a pro-gun, anti-Obama, conservative. I also firmly believe in our constitution and that our government has swung a little too far from it's original intentions. By the way, I am not a law enforcement officer - my nickname is pulled from a movie just as a bit of humor:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sgt._Kabukiman_N.Y.P.D.

All the best,

Kabukiman