Thread: Chicago wants to ignore ruling in moore v madigan

Banned

Chicago wants to ignore ruling in moore v madigan

"I believe that the city would be well within its rights to prohibit that (concealed weapons) within its borders, and then we'll take that up to the Supreme Court," said Alderman Joe Moore.

http://news.yahoo.com/chicago-vows-f...080408481.html

As I have repeated said : democrats = fascists

They have become who they abhor ...

That is a lot like saying we are in are rights to allow others because of race,religion, sexual perferance and others to discriminated against.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    "I believe that the city would be well within its rights to prohibit that (concealed weapons) within its borders, and then we'll take that up to the Supreme Court," said Alderman Joe Moore.

http://news.yahoo.com/chicago-vows-f...080408481.html

As I have repeated said : democrats = fascists

They have become who they abhor ...
    You would think Chicago would learn. Their handgun ban cost them millions of dollars in attorney fees paid to those who won the McDonald Vs. Chicago case in the Supreme Court. I guess they want to be slapped down again. Support is growing for license to carry among inner city blacks who are getting tired of being victims of gang violence. They'd like to be protected by guns just like Rahm is!

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    I got an email tonight from Illinois Gun Rights stating that they are trying to push a "Chicago-style" ban through the legislature during this lame duck session. They felt that the vote could come as early as Wed., 1/2/13, (tomorrow!) and would basically try to make guns as available in the rest of the state as they are in Chicago.
    Needless to say, they urged us to call our reps and senators in Springfield.
    This goes farther than that though. They are including pump action rifles also. I think we made them mad by winning the Moore/Shepherd case.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    I got an email tonight from Illinois Gun Rights stating that they are trying to push a "Chicago-style" ban through the legislature during this lame duck session. They felt that the vote could come as early as Wed., 1/2/13, (tomorrow!) and would basically try to make guns as available in the rest of the state as they are in Chicago.
    Needless to say, they urged us to call our reps and senators in Springfield.
    let them do it....then when it goes to the SCOTUS, it'll be struck down, and then they will lose hope for a national gun ban. illinois already sucks, so it's not like they are losing out on anything...so let them pass this bill....

Quote Originally Posted by hammer6 View Post
    let them do it....then when it goes to the SCOTUS, it'll be struck down, and then they will lose hope for a national gun ban. illinois already sucks, so it's not like they are losing out on anything...so let them pass this bill....
    The only caveat is that it needs to get to the SCOTUS before the two elderly conservative judges retire. If they do while we are in our current state, we can say goodbye to the 2A.