• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chicago wants to ignore ruling in moore v madigan

junglebob

"I believe that the city would be well within its rights to prohibit that (concealed weapons) within its borders, and then we'll take that up to the Supreme Court," said Alderman Joe Moore.

http://news.yahoo.com/chicago-vows-fight-concealed-carry-ruling-080408481.html

As I have repeated said : democrats = fascists

They have become who they abhor ...

You would think Chicago would learn. Their handgun ban cost them millions of dollars in attorney fees paid to those who won the McDonald Vs. Chicago case in the Supreme Court. I guess they want to be slapped down again. Support is growing for license to carry among inner city blacks who are getting tired of being victims of gang violence. They'd like to be protected by guns just like Rahm is!

jayspapa

I got an email tonight from Illinois Gun Rights stating that they are trying to push a "Chicago-style" ban through the legislature during this lame duck session. They felt that the vote could come as early as Wed., 1/2/13, (tomorrow!) and would basically try to make guns as available in the rest of the state as they are in Chicago.
Needless to say, they urged us to call our reps and senators in Springfield.

This goes farther than that though. They are including pump action rifles also. I think we made them mad by winning the Moore/Shepherd case.

hammer6

I got an email tonight from Illinois Gun Rights stating that they are trying to push a "Chicago-style" ban through the legislature during this lame duck session. They felt that the vote could come as early as Wed., 1/2/13, (tomorrow!) and would basically try to make guns as available in the rest of the state as they are in Chicago.
Needless to say, they urged us to call our reps and senators in Springfield.

let them do it....then when it goes to the SCOTUS, it'll be struck down, and then they will lose hope for a national gun ban. illinois already sucks, so it's not like they are losing out on anything...so let them pass this bill....

acmariner99

let them do it....then when it goes to the SCOTUS, it'll be struck down, and then they will lose hope for a national gun ban. illinois already sucks, so it's not like they are losing out on anything...so let them pass this bill....

The only caveat is that it needs to get to the SCOTUS before the two elderly conservative judges retire. If they do while we are in our current state, we can say goodbye to the 2A.