• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SO, Where can I oc with a CPL, ( without the enhancement)

TheQ

You can OC just about everywhere. Easier to answer your question this way. Everywhere you had to OC with a CPL before, you now have to conceal. You can OC everywhere else, unless it's a 234d zone, without a CPL, unless you have permission.

Wrong again, Neil. Meijer is a 234d zone, but you can still OC there assuming SB 59 gets signed and goes into effect.

You won't be able to OC in 28.425o zones (without written permission). Meijer is not a 28.425o zone.

DetroitBiker

iog75y.jpg

Bronson

OC allowed with CPL:

750.234d

OC not allowed:

28.425o

I'm still debating whether I will take the extra class or not. Since I've been OCing I've entered a CC PFZ a total of 3 or 4 times. A couple of times to vote, a bar for chicken wings once, and a large movie theater once. I'm not certain it's worth the extra expense for me.

Bronson

Raggs

OC allowed with CPL:

750.234d

OC not allowed:

28.425o

I'm still debating whether I will take the extra class or not. Since I've been OCing I've entered a CC PFZ a total of 3 or 4 times. A couple of times to vote, a bar for chicken wings once, and a large movie theater once. I'm not certain it's worth the extra expense for me.

Bronson

especially since there shouldn't be extra expense.

Bronson

especially since there shouldn't be extra expense.

Agreed but I have to work with the reality I'm given and in that reality there is now an extra expense. I will probably foot the bill for my girlfriend to go because the biggest reason she doesn't utilize her CPL now is she's afraid she'll forget and walk into a PFZ carrying. If this will help to get her carrying more often I'll suck it up and pay for it. If she'll only do the class if I do it too, I guess I'll be attending.

Bronson

Jakeus314

You can OC just about everywhere. Easier to answer your question this way. Everywhere you had to OC with a CPL before, you now have to conceal. You can OC everywhere else, unless it's a 234d zone, without a CPL, unless you have permission.

"You now have to conceal"

Is this law? Or, just part of the SB59 thing I'm hearing about...

mastiff69

This POST

Detroitbiker you caught me ! PS LOVE the pic thats cool !

It was designed to get people on here to think & ask question's as to how this new bill will effect us all

PS in the bill, Schools will have the optition to OPT out of allowing CONCEALED CARRY on their property isn't that NIIICCEE !!! no oc or cc
So how many of you all knew that bit of info,
I bet MOC leadership knew, after all they support the bill & even went before the State & testified how MOC likes this bill sb59

Wonder how many other LOOPHOLES will be in that bil to restrict firearms on other properties ?

ALL my post over the last week have been designed to get you guys & gals to think,
NOT to troll,
or act more important,
or as a know it all
or to attack anyone,
but damm it think !

I would NEVER agree to any BILL that restrict's the RIGHT of OPEN CARRY !

MOC decided that Concealed carry & politic's is more important than open carry.

So is MOC now the new MCC shold they change their name ?

I am only posting what other people are thinking !
Or what other people have said to me about this situation !

Last edited:

SpringerXDacp

Yeah, but he's gonna need a bigger boat.

It was designed to get people on here to think & ask question's as to how this new bill will effect us all

No point expanding on that when it's clear the stance that many have taken.

PS in the bill, Schools will have the optition to OPT out of allowing CONCEALED CARRY on their property isn't that NIIICCEE !!! no oc or cc
I bet MOC leadership knew, after all they support the bill & even went before the State & testified how MOC likes this bill sb59

Under SB59 (28.425o), the option to prohibit carry (CC) extends to private property. Not all schools are privately owned. I get your drift tho.

Wonder how many other LOOPHOLES will be in that bil to restrict firearms on other properties ?

They will have to pass it so we know what's in it. Oh wait....

ALL my post over the last week have been designed to get you guys & gals to think,
NOT to troll,
or act more important,
or as a know it all
or to attack anyone,
but damm it think !

Nor would I, but sadly, the wolves prevailed - they have outnumbered the lambs.

I don't believe that's entirely true.

Blue

Small_Arms_Collector

NOT to troll,
or act more important,
or as a know it all
or to attack anyone,
but damm it think !

Wrong. The bill only allows PRIVATE PROPERTY owners (and colleges) to "opt out" which they could ALREADY, nothing changes.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

Wrong, K-12 can not opt out. Universitites can creat ordinances to control firearms...maybe. But that's another issue. AND YOU will be able to OC in the places listed in the statute with written permission.

NOT to troll,
or act more important,
or as a know it all
or to attack anyone,
but damm it think !

My commnets in red.

xmanhockey7

realistically what place will give permission? If they do give you permission and something happened I suspect they could be held liable for that.

What kind of restaurant like Applebee's will let you carry? They used to be a PFZ but it seems restaurants like them typically don't post signs (some do). I'm sure we'll see a few more signs especially because all they keep talking about is "opting out". But they could post signs regardless.

autosurgeon

What kind of restaurant like Applebee's will let you carry? They used to be a PFZ but it seems restaurants like them typically don't post signs (some do). I'm sure we'll see a few more signs especially because all they keep talking about is "opting out". But they could post signs regardless.

Since when was a place like Applebee's a pfz for a cpl holder?

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator

?????