• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

something i wanted to get off my back

crazydazy86

look i want to take a min and say my heart is filled with sadness with what happend to the people that died in that school. and all over in all the mass shooting that has been taking place. but this is why we need police in all schools and also have all Law Abiding Citizens carry guns every were. when will we be sick of being a victim of gun crimes. and other crimes that hurt us. why cant we open are eyes and make a stand and say no more. way do we think banning guns will work. people that dont care about the law will get them and use it on us that cant have one and follow the law. we need to make a stand right now and get armed guards in all schools any were the public goes if you are a gun free zone because it does not make crime not happen because you have a damn sign. how many more people will died before we get this in are heads. we dont need to ban guns but we as gun owners need to come together and make it were people that want to own a gun need to have gun training and get free or half off safes or gun locks and hold the people that let there guns fall in the wrong hands to be held by law for not locking there guns up after there kids or family member takes it. there is a fine line but i feel like its time to talk with are kids about guns and what happens. also get gun free zones gone. they dont do anything but let people that are going on a killing spree ......hey look no one will stop me.......they dont care about your sign or anything eles. but if you let people that have had a background check and have a gun in your business things like this will not happen. or if it does it will not be a mass killing spree. also places like schools should have a few cops there at all times to stop things like this from happening to are kids. and for other places like malls stores and banks need to think about the up side of letting law abiding citizens come in there places we will never let a mass killing spree happen were we are. plus having a sign that says we allow law abiding citizens to carry here will make it a harder target to hit because they have no clue who has a gun. it might not stop altogether murders but it will not be so many as right now.

mohawk001

I'm going to keep this short and just say two things. One, I agree that we do need to get rid of the gun free zones. If not all of them, at least the vast majority of them because I can see where there are a couple of places they can be, such as while respecting the rights of a business owner to say no guns. Just as it is our right not to spend there. Second, I am going to have to disagree with having police in more places. I feel it would just be another step into turning the U.S. into a police state. I'm not saying all police are bad and that they don't have their places, but I personally don't want them in places such as all schools.

crazydazy86

well the odds were there is no one armed in a school is more liky to have a shooting then one that has some one armed. all schools should have people armed in the schools because the day schools let kids or 18+ and teachers carry will be a big step there are very few that do but i am talking all schools. something needs to be done.

I'm going to keep this short and just say two things. One, I agree that we do need to get rid of the gun free zones. If not all of them, at least the vast majority of them because I can see where there are a couple of places they can be, such as while respecting the rights of a business owner to say no guns. Just as it is our right not to spend there. Second, I am going to have to disagree with having police in more places. I feel it would just be another step into turning the U.S. into a police state. I'm not saying all police are bad and that they don't have their places, but I personally don't want them in places such as all schools.

SFCRetired

I find it interesting that both Israel and Thailand allow their teachers to be armed to protect their students, but the United States does virtually nothing to protect school children.

Where do people get the idea that "No Guns" signs afford even a minor degree of protection? Is it from the same place they get the idea that disarming law-abiding citizens is going to magically make the criminal/mentally unbalanced element of society disarm?

mohawk001

well the odds were there is no one armed in a school is more liky to have a shooting then one that has some one armed. all schools should have people armed in the schools because the day schools let kids or 18+ and teachers carry will be a big step there are very few that do but i am talking all schools. something needs to be done.

I'm torn on the "something needs to be done" thing that we always see after something happens. Let's be honest, this is not a common thing that happens. It's like using some of our stats that show how few deaths are caused by guns compared to the number of guns out there compared to the number of deaths caused by doctors compared to the number of actual doctors out there. Does something need to be done? Perhaps, and depending on what it is. Do we need to go overboard in some way? No no no. We do not need knee-jerk reactions and if anything is done it needs to be well thought out.

SFCRetired

I'm torn on the "something needs to be done" thing that we always see after something happens. Let's be honest, this is not a common thing that happens. It's like using some of our stats that show how few deaths are caused by guns compared to the number of guns out there compared to the number of deaths caused by doctors compared to the number of actual doctors out there. Does something need to be done? Perhaps, and depending on what it is. Do we need to go overboard in some way? No no no. We do not need knee-jerk reactions and if anything is done it needs to be well thought out.

You are so very right. It does not need to go overboard either way. I would say a program for schools and universities based on the program which allowed specially trained and vetted pilots to be armed could possibly be a good beginning. I would suspect that there are enough teachers and professors who have weapons and who could go through the training and psychological testing to make our schools and universities much safer than they are now.

One thing: Someone called for a greater police presence in the schools. I am adamantly opposed to that. There are good police officers out there and most of them earn their pay, but we do not need more police officers; especially not in schools.

WalkingWolf

I find it interesting that both Israel and Thailand allow their teachers to be armed to protect their students, but the United States does virtually nothing to protect school children.

Where do people get the idea that "No Guns" signs afford even a minor degree of protection? Is it from the same place they get the idea that disarming law-abiding citizens is going to magically make the criminal/mentally unbalanced element of society disarm?

The government and the media want to project the image that government can protect and solve all problems. They are scared of people taking personal responsibility.