Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: anyone going to RCD this morning?

  1. #1
    Regular Member scouser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,233

    anyone going to RCD this morning?

    Logan and I are going to head up there shortly for our breakfast, don't know if anyone else intends to or not

    River City Diner
    Parham Rd / I-95
    Richmond

  2. #2
    Regular Member scouser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,233
    had a good filling breakfast, in Logan's case a good second breakfast (I'm not sure if he's in training to be cast in the next Hobbit movie, but he's certainly got the hang of second breakfast). Those who were not in attendance were talked about.
    Dana said she was going to a cookie social later today and had some pumpkin spice (with cream cheese frosting) cookies cooling in the kitchen and gave one to Logan even though he failed to save any of his gummie bears for her. I was hoping he wouldn't like it and I'd get to finish it off instead .. no such luck, he was even trying to lick the frosting off my fingers from where I'd held the cookie.

  3. #3
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,628
    Was out and running early 'tween Hopewell and Colonial Heights for the AutoZone festivities - had a great turnout with about 40 of us at each. The locals seemed to know and support why we were there - a lot of good interaction.

    Will look to get together next Saturday somewhere.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  4. #4
    Regular Member scouser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Was out and running early 'tween Hopewell and Colonial Heights for the AutoZone festivities - had a great turnout with about 40 of us at each. The locals seemed to know and support why we were there - a lot of good interaction.

    Will look to get together next Saturday somewhere.
    Yeah, I thought about attending but knowing I'd have Logan with me he wouldn't have done well there, he's figured out how to unfasten the chest strap on his backpack for one thing and for another he'd been drinking apple juice all morning which has a habit of cleaning out his insides, would not have been a pleasant day for me if I'd brought him along.

  5. #5
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    I was hunting!
    Philip said hunters had to take care of ourselves.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    830
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I was hunting!
    Philip said hunters had to take care of ourselves.
    Yeah that was the first time Phillips ever said something that totally pissed me off.

  7. #7
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by 67GT390FB View Post
    Yeah that was the first time Phillips ever said something that totally pissed me off.
    I wasn't pissed off by it. more annoyed, and I like Philip But it did put things in proper perspective.
    The protest was in a good cause....but it did conflict with hunting and other things that needed to be attended to at the farm....and in years past, I've put everything aside to support VCDL in situations like that. No more though!

    [img]
    Last edited by peter nap; 12-16-2012 at 08:59 AM.

  8. #8
    Regular Member riverrat10k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    on a rock in the james river
    Posts
    1,453
    Can't say I am sorry I didn't make it.

    We harvested 4 wood ducks and two 20-25lb striped bass yesterday.

    I love a holiday feast.

    Shotgun OC, of course.
    Last edited by riverrat10k; 12-16-2012 at 10:44 AM.
    Remember Peter Nap and Skidmark. Do them proud. Be active. Be well informed. ALL rights matter.

    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

    --Robert A. Heinlein

    Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!

  9. #9
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat10k View Post
    Can't say I am sorry I didn't make it.

    We harvested 4 wood ducks and two 20-25lb striped bass yesterday.

    I love a holiday feast.

    Shotgun OC, of course.
    You dog!

    Yesterday was a true Christmas story for me:
    "and nothing was stirring, not even a mouse"

    I saw one smallish bear...Period!

    I did find my Big Bears tracks that were probably 12 hours old though. which was a relief.

    I was a little worried that 700 pounder the fellow got the other day, was mine. I tell them to stay home during hunting season, but they don't always listen.

  10. #10
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,628
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    You dog!

    Yesterday was a true Christmas story for me:
    "and nothing was stirring, not even a mouse"

    I saw one smallish bear...Period!

    I did find my Big Bears tracks that were probably 12 hours old though. which was a relief.

    I was a little worried that 700 pounder the fellow got the other day, was mine. I tell them to stay home during hunting season, but they don't always listen.
    Sometimes all you can do is grin and bear it.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  11. #11
    Regular Member riverrat10k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    on a rock in the james river
    Posts
    1,453
    Thought of your big sow, Peter, when I heard about the big bear killed.
    Remember Peter Nap and Skidmark. Do them proud. Be active. Be well informed. ALL rights matter.

    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

    --Robert A. Heinlein

    Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!

  12. #12
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat10k View Post
    Thought of your big sow, Peter, when I heard about the big bear killed.
    She's alive and well and the season is over.
    Last edited by peter nap; 12-17-2012 at 10:15 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •