• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Knife-wielding man injures 22 children in China

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://www.courant.com/sns-rt-us-china-stabbingsbre8bd065-20121213,0,5592318.story

By Terril Yue Jones Reuters

1:48 a.m. EST, December 14, 2012
BEIJING (Reuters) - A knife-wielding man slashed 22 children and an adult at an elementary school in central China on Friday, state media reported, the latest in a series of attacks on schoolchildren in the country.

The man attacked the children at the gate of a school in Chenpeng village in Henan province, the Xinhua news agency reported.

Police arrested a 36-year-old man, identified as villager Min Yingjun, Xinhua said. It did not give further details of the extent of the injuries.

There have been a series of attacks on schools and schoolchildren around China in recent years, some by people who have lost their jobs or felt left out of the country's economic boom.

The rash of violence has prompted public calls for more measures to protect the young in a country where many couples only have one child.

In 2010, a man slashed 28 children, two teachers and a security guard in a kindergarten in eastern China.

wardtom084

Interesting thing about this crime is in a couple of weeks the trial for this guy will be over. They don't usually drag their feet over there.

Beretta92FSLady

Apples, meet oranges. We all know what is implied here."Knife-wielding man injures 22""Firearm-wielding man kill 20 children."The common element: both men are nutjobs...we need to rethink how we deal with mental health issues, instead of the alternative, which seems to not be working: housing them in prison after they commit a crime.

sudden valley gunner

Apples, meet oranges. We all know what is implied here."Knife-wielding man injures 22""Firearm-wielding man kill 20 children."The common element: both men are nutjobs...we need to rethink how we deal with mental health issues, instead of the alternative, which seems to not be working: housing them in prison after they commit a crime.

If you mean deal with mental health issues by stealing other peoples money to take care of crazies....then I'm not on board.

If you mean dealing with it by realizing there are nutjobs out there and we should all take proper precautions to protect ourselves and others from them then I'm all on board.