Thread: Has anyone OC'd since Newtown Shooting?

Has anyone OC'd since Newtown Shooting?

I'm just curious. I'd guess the cops are on a hair trigger right now with respect to firearms rights.

Don
    MCS Precision - Training, Sales, Transfers, Estate Purchases

07 FFL
    NRA Pistol and Rifle Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I don't see any reason people shouldn't. Any LEO who has their hair raised should probably consider a new profession.
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Rich B View Post
    I don't see any reason people shouldn't. Any LEO who has their hair raised should probably consider a new profession.
    Comeon Rich. You know thats not reality. Its like the Hwang incident in New Haven. Any other time and it wouldn't have been a problem. But he carried a handgun into a theater 4 days after the dark knight shooting and the cops freaked out.

I could see that happening this time. I can almost understand why. Its the "you have to do SOMETHING!!!" mentality by the public and politicians that pressures cops in times like this.

Regardless, they should leave OCers alone. I was just interested in hearing from anyone.

Have you been out today?

Don

07 FFL
    NRA Life Member

A phone call?

Quote Originally Posted by dcmdon View Post
    Comeon Rich. You know thats not reality. Its like the Hwang incident in New Haven. Any other time and it wouldn't have been a problem. But he carried a handgun into a theater 4 days after the dark knight shooting and the cops freaked out.

I could see that happening this time. I can almost understand why. Its the "you have to do SOMETHING!!!" mentality by the public and politicians that pressures cops in times like this.

Regardless, they should leave OCers alone. I was just interested in hearing from anyone.

Have you been out today?
    Good question. Reality is, well, it sucks sometimes.

I can see the dilemma. Couldn't one call up the local chief and inquire about how he would handle the situation?

I OC'ed in a sushi restaurant today, and my gf sat on the "wrong" side of the table, leaving my "tool for defense" openly visible to everyone around. I didn't hear anyone say a word, nor did I notice any odd looks of any kind or anything out of the ordinary from the public. the server however was abnormally nicer than normal haha

Glad to hear it.

07 FFL
    NRA Life Member

Banned
    I agree with Rich AND I think after that arrest and subsequent dismissal of the case and the recent ruling in Moore v. Madison has muzzled this unlawful activities of the po po to a degree.

I don't buy the "it's not in good taste" argument either. That argument itself is in "bad taste" IMO.

Keep the Faith !

Nobody ever implied it was not in good taste. If thats the impression I gave, then we can chalk that up to my poor writing skills.

I was just curious if anyone had been hassled. I only disagree with Rich in that I would not be surprised if people were hassled.

I expect people to be hassled in the next few days, so if people weigh in with reports of no problems, it would be good.

07 FFL
    NRA Life Member

Banned
    Nobody ever implied it was not in good taste. If thats the impression I gave, then we can chalk that up to my poor writing skills.
    It was not a comment specific to you ... but one that others have made in the past and I assume would now.

Your writing skills are just fine.

Have you been out today?
    I am out everyday, and I would afford a LEO no flexibility.

This is a non-sequitur IMO.
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I agree with Rich AND I think after that arrest and subsequent dismissal of the case and the recent ruling in Moore v. Madison has muzzled this unlawful activities of the po po to a degree.
    Good luck finding a CT LEO that knows or cares about Moore v Madigan. To suggest that they would care about Madigan when they actively ignore Terry, Hiibel and other basics is laughable.

We have cases in CT that should be shaping their opinions, but again, they don't know or care yet. Not until we get a good 2nd circuit slap down on them.
    Last edited by Rich B; 12-16-2012 at 06:33 PM.

That'll be a while coming...

Good luck finding a CT LEO that knows or cares about Moore v Madigan. To suggest that they would care about Madigan when they actively ignore Terry, Hiibel and other basics is laughable.

We have cases in CT that should be shaping their opinions, but again, they don't know or care yet. Not until we get a good 2nd circuit slap down on them.
    With Vanessa Bryant convicting people over the phone without benefit of trial, a good 2nd Circuit Slapdown is gonna be a while coming.
    D. T. Doutel

What is to the lawyer or cop a "material misrepresentation of the facts", and to the politician "misspeaking" is, in common parlance, a bald-faced lie. And don't let anyone tell you different!

Visit Connecticut Carry and LiarCop.com for the latest news regarding Norwalk v. Doutel and Doutel v. Norwalk.

Quote Originally Posted by DDoutel View Post
    With Vanessa Bryant convicting people over the phone without benefit of trial, a good 2nd Circuit Slapdown is gonna be a while coming.
    Well we have 2nd, 7th circuit rulings that are at odds with each other and soon we will have rulings in the 9th circuit. When circuits are at odds, it is likely to end up at SCOTUS.

I hadn't been much until friday. I have everyday since. Paul

Quote Originally Posted by paul v View Post
    *takes note to your location *
    thank you paul, tough decisions for everyone now. If I may, I ask that you take note of the other thread recently started:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...pm-December-20

I'm sure they will be more than open to listening to someone from your town

Quote Originally Posted by paul v View Post
    I also note your location and I might have some questions for you.

If you are up for them, could you make contact with me? rich [at] ctcarry.com

I am out everyday, and I would afford a LEO no flexibility.

This is a non-sequitur IMO.
    All this talk about slap downs and no flexibility, my feelings are hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by LESGTINCT View Post
    All this talk about slap downs and no flexibility, my feelings are hurt.
    Just don't 'Hwang' me, bro.

Just don't 'Hwang' me, bro.
    haha, I see what you did there

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DDoutel View Post
    Well, I'm guilty ... of being an AMERICAN ... come and get me ....