• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Has anyone OC'd since Newtown Shooting?

dcmdon

I don't see any reason people shouldn't. Any LEO who has their hair raised should probably consider a new profession.

Comeon Rich. You know thats not reality. Its like the Hwang incident in New Haven. Any other time and it wouldn't have been a problem. But he carried a handgun into a theater 4 days after the dark knight shooting and the cops freaked out.

I could see that happening this time. I can almost understand why. Its the "you have to do SOMETHING!!!" mentality by the public and politicians that pressures cops in times like this.

Regardless, they should leave OCers alone. I was just interested in hearing from anyone.

Have you been out today?

Don

HankT

State Researcher
A phone call?

Comeon Rich. You know thats not reality. Its like the Hwang incident in New Haven. Any other time and it wouldn't have been a problem. But he carried a handgun into a theater 4 days after the dark knight shooting and the cops freaked out.

I could see that happening this time. I can almost understand why. Its the "you have to do SOMETHING!!!" mentality by the public and politicians that pressures cops in times like this.

Regardless, they should leave OCers alone. I was just interested in hearing from anyone.

Have you been out today?

Good question. Reality is, well, it sucks sometimes.

I can see the dilemma. Couldn't one call up the local chief and inquire about how he would handle the situation?

motoxmann

I OC'ed in a sushi restaurant today, and my gf sat on the "wrong" side of the table, leaving my "tool for defense" openly visible to everyone around. I didn't hear anyone say a word, nor did I notice any odd looks of any kind or anything out of the ordinary from the public. the server however was abnormally nicer than normal haha

davidmcbeth

Banned

I agree with Rich AND I think after that arrest and subsequent dismissal of the case and the recent ruling in Moore v. Madison has muzzled this unlawful activities of the po po to a degree.

I don't buy the "it's not in good taste" argument either. That argument itself is in "bad taste" IMO.

Keep the Faith !

dcmdon

Nobody ever implied it was not in good taste. If thats the impression I gave, then we can chalk that up to my poor writing skills.

I was just curious if anyone had been hassled. I only disagree with Rich in that I would not be surprised if people were hassled.

I expect people to be hassled in the next few days, so if people weigh in with reports of no problems, it would be good.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Nobody ever implied it was not in good taste. If thats the impression I gave, then we can chalk that up to my poor writing skills.

It was not a comment specific to you ... but one that others have made in the past and I assume would now.

Your writing skills are just fine.

Rich B

I agree with Rich AND I think after that arrest and subsequent dismissal of the case and the recent ruling in Moore v. Madison has muzzled this unlawful activities of the po po to a degree.

Good luck finding a CT LEO that knows or cares about Moore v Madigan. To suggest that they would care about Madigan when they actively ignore Terry, Hiibel and other basics is laughable.

We have cases in CT that should be shaping their opinions, but again, they don't know or care yet. Not until we get a good 2nd circuit slap down on them.

Last edited:

DDoutel

That'll be a while coming...

Good luck finding a CT LEO that knows or cares about Moore v Madigan. To suggest that they would care about Madigan when they actively ignore Terry, Hiibel and other basics is laughable.

We have cases in CT that should be shaping their opinions, but again, they don't know or care yet. Not until we get a good 2nd circuit slap down on them.

With Vanessa Bryant convicting people over the phone without benefit of trial, a good 2nd Circuit Slapdown is gonna be a while coming.

Rich B

With Vanessa Bryant convicting people over the phone without benefit of trial, a good 2nd Circuit Slapdown is gonna be a while coming.

Well we have 2nd, 7th circuit rulings that are at odds with each other and soon we will have rulings in the 9th circuit. When circuits are at odds, it is likely to end up at SCOTUS.

motoxmann