Thread: Chinese knockoff serpa holster

Chinese knockoff serpa holster

I was buying a keyboard and memory from a Chinese company, and noticed they had holsters, by the time I took off 5 bucks for my discount I only paid $7.88 for the holster. Couldn't resist buying it just to see if it is junk, I will let you guys know in about a month whether it is any good.

http://www.everbuying.com/product60360.html

Attachment 9677
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

lol, does it say "BLACKHAWK" on the back?
    Last edited by marshaul; 12-15-2012 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post

lol, does it say "BLACKHAWK" on the back?
    I can't tell for sure by that picture, I tried to sharpen it to see it more clearly. I doubt it is a blackhawk at that price, but I will know for sure when it gets here. I figure about a month by China mail.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

It says BLOCKHWK close enough.

for a knock off.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Anyone else notice the rust on one of those screws? I don't need to spent any money to know it's a cheap junky, no good, rubbish knockoff....and complete junk. But that's just MY opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixael View Post
    Anyone else notice the rust on one of those screws? I don't need to spent any money to know it's a cheap junky, no good, rubbish knockoff....and complete junk. But that's just MY opinion.
    Everybody has one...
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

WalkingWolf I will be looking forward to you writeing up a review of it.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

I'm a little concerned about their product descriptions. This http://www.everbuying.com/product56406.html was not what I was expecting a thigh holster to look like.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I'm a little concerned about their product descriptions. This http://www.everbuying.com/product56406.html was not what I was expecting a thigh holster to look like.

stay safe.
    That does not look like a thigh holster, but then I don't use them. I bought a netbook off of them, which I got it fairly quickly but it came DHL. So far it seems to be a bargain. I have a small tablet but I really hate touchpads and the tiny screen, I wanted something small 10" with a keyboard. It took almost a week for it to ship, but I got it in a few days after it did. The holster and other items because they cost less are coming by mail so I expect it to take longer.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

I already have one. I would never use the holster for CC or OC, only for the range. The gun fits in fine but most airsoft replicas are made a tad bit bigger that the real ones so the holster is a bit big for the pistol causing it to wiggle around a bit. Not tons... but enough for me not to trust someone trying to yank the gun out of my holster and it remaining in there.

They are a great buy though for the price though if your looking for a cheap SHTF holster to throw in your bug out bag.

Quote Originally Posted by CTSurvivor View Post
    I already have one. I would never use the holster for CC or OC, only for the range. The gun fits in fine but most airsoft replicas are made a tad bit bigger that the real ones so the holster is a bit big for the pistol causing it to wiggle around a bit. Not tons... but enough for me not to trust someone trying to yank the gun out of my holster and it remaining in there.

They are a great buy though for the price though if your looking for a cheap SHTF holster to throw in your bug out bag.
    Did you buy it from Everbuying?
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Devin Hutchison View Post
    I will not be supporting a Chinese company with my money, I ask you do the same regardless if it works at the range, I don't think I'd cheap out on anything that locks my weapon into place.
    How did you post on the internet?
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    How did you post on the internet?
    lol, good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Devin Hutchison View Post
    Go ahead and explain that out to me.

Sent from my phone. Excuse spelling mistakes as my fingers like to press the wrong letters and auto correct sometimes does not catch it.
    What is there to explain? How did you post on the internet? By phone? What brand?
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

The holster finally arrived today. It fits my 1911 perfectly, no side to side slop, only a hair up and down, which locks the gun if the button is not depressed before drawing. It appears to be very tough ABS plastic, and is stamped BlackHawk. First couple of draws were funky because of not depressing the button before pulling up, which I understand is normal for the true Serpa holsters. IMO the holster is no faster than my thumb snap leather holster, but it may be more secure due to having to push the button before drawing. The paddle is worthless, my wife tried it and just ended up drawing the paddle out of her waistband, but she was not wearing a belt. IMO if you gotta wear a belt to hold the paddle in place, well it just does not make sense. There is no tension screw but honestly one is not needed, the gun is very secure when locked in the holster. The straight up cant appears to be best for me. I canted it forward and depressing the button and drawing is awkward. This would make it a pain sitting in a car to draw though.

For a OC holster while walking it is great, car holster not so much, concealed(which we don't) sticks too far out from the body. All and all worth 13 bucks. Though I certainly would not pay the 50 plus for the real one now, IMO I still prefer a leather holster with a forward cant, or police leather duty holster. I could see where someone who does not practice find their backside in a bind if drawing in a real life situation.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Thanks for the reveiw.

I recently ditched my (revised) Serpa after the paddle broke off the body. Mine wasn't a knockoff, either.

The Serpa is definitely faster than a thumb break. Not even close. Give it some time before you conclude they the same.

That, however, is about the only good thing I can say for the Serpa, or kydex in general.

There are posts of mine on this very forum defending the Serpa, and if I see them, I will recant.

Leather is more comfortable, and when it fatigues it doesn't catastrophically fail by snapping in two.

That being said, for $5, a Serpa clone would be a great deal as a range holster.
    Last edited by marshaul; 01-14-2013 at 05:02 PM.

Activist Member
    I recently started using leather holsters over the plastics. I do find leather holsters a lot more comfortable and do look better! I wear blue jeans, button up flannel and cowboy boots on a daily basis, so the leather looks and feels better than the standard plastics.
    Nothing better than a Glock.........except maybe another Glock!

Quote Originally Posted by DWCook View Post
    I recently started using leather holsters over the plastics. I do find leather holsters a lot more comfortable and do look better! I wear blue jeans, button up flannel and cowboy boots on a daily basis, so the leather looks and feels better than the standard plastics.
    Very true on both counts.

Re: Chinese knockoff serpa holster

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The holster finally arrived today. It fits my 1911 perfectly, no side to side slop, only a hair up and down, which locks the gun if the button is not depressed before drawing. It appears to be very tough ABS plastic, and is stamped BlackHawk. First couple of draws were funky because of not depressing the button before pulling up, which I understand is normal for the true Serpa holsters. IMO the holster is no faster than my thumb snap leather holster, but it may be more secure due to having to push the button before drawing. The paddle is worthless, my wife tried it and just ended up drawing the paddle out of her waistband, but she was not wearing a belt. IMO if you gotta wear a belt to hold the paddle in place, well it just does not make sense. There is no tension screw but honestly one is not needed, the gun is very secure when locked in the holster. The straight up cant appears to be best for me. I canted it forward and depressing the button and drawing is awkward. This would make it a pain sitting in a car to draw though.

For a OC holster while walking it is great, car holster not so much, concealed(which we don't) sticks too far out from the body. All and all worth 13 bucks. Though I certainly would not pay the 50 plus for the real one now, IMO I still prefer a leather holster with a forward cant, or police leather duty holster. I could see where someone who does not practice find their backside in a bind if drawing in a real life situation.
    What do you consider, to far from the body? Thumb space between the gun and body, or right up on your side?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by mpguy View Post
    What do you consider, to far from the body? Thumb space between the gun and body, or right up on your side?
    The Serpa is in between my leather thumb break, which rides right up on my body, and my Safariland duty-type holster, which cants out well away from the body to allow room for a duty jacket tucked behind in, and a hand to boot.

The Serpa is just far enough off the body that your thumb can easily wrap around the pistol unimpeded.

I found that with my Serpa it held the firearm out further from my body and seemed to catch or knock more stuff. I prefer my Safariland ALS better as it seems to be closer to my hip. Although I do miss the adjustable cant of the Serpa. I like the look of black with almost any style or mode of dress. But if you dress more cowboyish, I'm sure the leather does fit right in.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Quote Originally Posted by Motofixxer View Post
    I found that with my Serpa it held the firearm out further from my body and seemed to catch or knock more stuff. I prefer my Safariland ALS better as it seems to be closer to my hip. Although I do miss the adjustable cant of the Serpa. I like the look of black with almost any style or mode of dress. But if you dress more cowboyish, I'm sure the leather does fit right in.
    The holster is available in brown, serpas are available in desert tan and black. As I understand it the holster will take paint.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump