• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chinese knockoff serpa holster

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
What do you consider, to far from the body? Thumb space between the gun and body, or right up on your side?

The Serpa is in between my leather thumb break, which rides right up on my body, and my Safariland duty-type holster, which cants out well away from the body to allow room for a duty jacket tucked behind in, and a hand to boot.

The Serpa is just far enough off the body that your thumb can easily wrap around the pistol unimpeded.

Motofixxer

I found that with my Serpa it held the firearm out further from my body and seemed to catch or knock more stuff. I prefer my Safariland ALS better as it seems to be closer to my hip. Although I do miss the adjustable cant of the Serpa. I like the look of black with almost any style or mode of dress. But if you dress more cowboyish, I'm sure the leather does fit right in.

WalkingWolf

I found that with my Serpa it held the firearm out further from my body and seemed to catch or knock more stuff. I prefer my Safariland ALS better as it seems to be closer to my hip. Although I do miss the adjustable cant of the Serpa. I like the look of black with almost any style or mode of dress. But if you dress more cowboyish, I'm sure the leather does fit right in.

The holster is available in brown, serpas are available in desert tan and black. As I understand it the holster will take paint.