• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chinese knockoff serpa holster

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
1314121198072-P-63828.jpg

lol, does it say "BLACKHAWK" on the back?

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

1314121198072-P-63828.jpg

lol, does it say "BLACKHAWK" on the back?

I can't tell for sure by that picture, I tried to sharpen it to see it more clearly. I doubt it is a blackhawk at that price, but I will know for sure when it gets here. I figure about a month by China mail.

Mixael

Anyone else notice the rust on one of those screws? I don't need to spent any money to know it's a cheap junky, no good, rubbish knockoff....and complete junk. But that's just MY opinion. :)

WalkingWolf

I'm a little concerned about their product descriptions. This http://www.everbuying.com/product56406.html was not what I was expecting a thigh holster to look like.

stay safe.

That does not look like a thigh holster, but then I don't use them. I bought a netbook off of them, which I got it fairly quickly but it came DHL. So far it seems to be a bargain. I have a small tablet but I really hate touchpads and the tiny screen, I wanted something small 10" with a keyboard. It took almost a week for it to ship, but I got it in a few days after it did. The holster and other items because they cost less are coming by mail so I expect it to take longer.

CTSurvivor

I already have one. I would never use the holster for CC or OC, only for the range. The gun fits in fine but most airsoft replicas are made a tad bit bigger that the real ones so the holster is a bit big for the pistol causing it to wiggle around a bit. Not tons... but enough for me not to trust someone trying to yank the gun out of my holster and it remaining in there.

They are a great buy though for the price though if your looking for a cheap SHTF holster to throw in your bug out bag.

WalkingWolf

I already have one. I would never use the holster for CC or OC, only for the range. The gun fits in fine but most airsoft replicas are made a tad bit bigger that the real ones so the holster is a bit big for the pistol causing it to wiggle around a bit. Not tons... but enough for me not to trust someone trying to yank the gun out of my holster and it remaining in there.

They are a great buy though for the price though if your looking for a cheap SHTF holster to throw in your bug out bag.

Did you buy it from Everbuying?

WalkingWolf

The holster finally arrived today. It fits my 1911 perfectly, no side to side slop, only a hair up and down, which locks the gun if the button is not depressed before drawing. It appears to be very tough ABS plastic, and is stamped BlackHawk. First couple of draws were funky because of not depressing the button before pulling up, which I understand is normal for the true Serpa holsters. IMO the holster is no faster than my thumb snap leather holster, but it may be more secure due to having to push the button before drawing. The paddle is worthless, my wife tried it and just ended up drawing the paddle out of her waistband, but she was not wearing a belt. IMO if you gotta wear a belt to hold the paddle in place, well it just does not make sense. There is no tension screw but honestly one is not needed, the gun is very secure when locked in the holster. The straight up cant appears to be best for me. I canted it forward and depressing the button and drawing is awkward. This would make it a pain sitting in a car to draw though.

For a OC holster while walking it is great, car holster not so much, concealed(which we don't) sticks too far out from the body. All and all worth 13 bucks. Though I certainly would not pay the 50 plus for the real one now, IMO I still prefer a leather holster with a forward cant, or police leather duty holster. I could see where someone who does not practice find their backside in a bind if drawing in a real life situation.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I recently ditched my (revised) Serpa after the paddle broke off the body. Mine wasn't a knockoff, either.

The Serpa is definitely faster than a thumb break. Not even close. Give it some time before you conclude they the same.

That, however, is about the only good thing I can say for the Serpa, or kydex in general.

There are posts of mine on this very forum defending the Serpa, and if I see them, I will recant.

Leather is more comfortable, and when it fatigues it doesn't catastrophically fail by snapping in two.

That being said, for $5, a Serpa clone would be a great deal as a range holster.

Last edited:

DWCook

Activist Member
I recently started using leather holsters over the plastics. I do find leather holsters a lot more comfortable and do look better! I wear blue jeans, button up flannel and cowboy boots on a daily basis, so the leather looks and feels better than the standard plastics.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I recently started using leather holsters over the plastics. I do find leather holsters a lot more comfortable and do look better! I wear blue jeans, button up flannel and cowboy boots on a daily basis, so the leather looks and feels better than the standard plastics.

Very true on both counts.

mpguy

The holster finally arrived today. It fits my 1911 perfectly, no side to side slop, only a hair up and down, which locks the gun if the button is not depressed before drawing. It appears to be very tough ABS plastic, and is stamped BlackHawk. First couple of draws were funky because of not depressing the button before pulling up, which I understand is normal for the true Serpa holsters. IMO the holster is no faster than my thumb snap leather holster, but it may be more secure due to having to push the button before drawing. The paddle is worthless, my wife tried it and just ended up drawing the paddle out of her waistband, but she was not wearing a belt. IMO if you gotta wear a belt to hold the paddle in place, well it just does not make sense. There is no tension screw but honestly one is not needed, the gun is very secure when locked in the holster. The straight up cant appears to be best for me. I canted it forward and depressing the button and drawing is awkward. This would make it a pain sitting in a car to draw though.

For a OC holster while walking it is great, car holster not so much, concealed(which we don't) sticks too far out from the body. All and all worth 13 bucks. Though I certainly would not pay the 50 plus for the real one now, IMO I still prefer a leather holster with a forward cant, or police leather duty holster. I could see where someone who does not practice find their backside in a bind if drawing in a real life situation.

What do you consider, to far from the body? Thumb space between the gun and body, or right up on your side?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2