Thread: Did I miss something ?

Did I miss something ?

I thought CA was still a may issue state and goes county to county? I was listening to 105.1 in Fresno and there was a company advertising ccw courses. Is there a req now for a ccw course cert to be considered for a lic or are they just doing the class for money sake?

It may be they were advertising the class for the UT permit, which is popular there because it is of use to CA residents who travel to other states.
    Last edited by MAC702; 12-15-2012 at 04:11 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Did I miss something ?

Ah

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcice View Post
    I thought CA was still a may issue state and goes county to county? I was listening to 105.1 in Fresno and there was a company advertising ccw courses. Is there a req now for a ccw course cert to be considered for a lic or are they just doing the class for money sake?
    May issue or 'discretionary' issuance means that it is up to the local police chief and county sheriffs whether they will issue licenses or not. California is seperated into 58 counties and each one of them has it's own policy on who they will issue to, creating a map that divides rural conservative areas from coastal and metropolitan ones.

Fresno county will issue to regular people, so it stands to figure that you might hear such an advertisment promoting a mandatory training class in that area.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com