• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Did I miss something ?

Sorcice

I thought CA was still a may issue state and goes county to county? I was listening to 105.1 in Fresno and there was a company advertising ccw courses. Is there a req now for a ccw course cert to be considered for a lic or are they just doing the class for money sake?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
It may be they were advertising the class for the UT permit, which is popular there because it is of use to CA residents who travel to other states.

Last edited:

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
I thought CA was still a may issue state and goes county to county? I was listening to 105.1 in Fresno and there was a company advertising ccw courses. Is there a req now for a ccw course cert to be considered for a lic or are they just doing the class for money sake?

May issue or 'discretionary' issuance means that it is up to the local police chief and county sheriffs whether they will issue licenses or not. California is seperated into 58 counties and each one of them has it's own policy on who they will issue to, creating a map that divides rural conservative areas from coastal and metropolitan ones.

Fresno county will issue to regular people, so it stands to figure that you might hear such an advertisment promoting a mandatory training class in that area.