• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Grams with guns...new OC member

GrammaRN

Today I went to my grandsons fifth birthday party. As I looked out at that sea of little faces, I couldn't help but grieve for the parents of the 20 children from Ct who will never again get to watch their babies blow out the candles on their birthday cake. My grandson ran over to give me a hug. He patted the little Sig Sauer P238 on my hip. "To keep Sam safe?" he asked. I hugged him close. "You bet!" I whispered. He grinned and ran off. People, it is a sad world when Grammas strap on guns to take the babies to the park, to a theatre, or the mall. But I am so thankful that my husband (of 6 months) has educated me to the fact that I have certain unalienable rights. I have the right to protect my family from madmen at the malls, in the coffees shops, and even in schools. More than a right, I have a responsibility to protect the ones I love, and even the ones who cannot for one reason or another, protect themselves. I may be near 60 years old, I may walk with a cane and be slower than I used to be, but this is one gramma who vows to spend more time at the range honing my skills. Can I challenge other Grammas, other Moms to meet me there? Let's take back our country! Let the bad guys know that they will be challenged when they think to target the innocents! By the way, hats off to theClackamas Town Center unsung hero. Aiming his Glock at that madmen saved an unknown number of lives. This gramma thanks you!

phoneguy

So very true. Well worded. Welcome to the forum Grand Ma. I think I know you.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Welcome to OCDO Grams, you will be very welcome here. I am glad you have discovered firearms and the "great equalizer" that these tools can be for you. I am glad to see more people stand up for themselves, rather than run and hide. Good on you Grams!

GrammaRN

Grams with guns

I think I know you, too, Sweet man. Thank you for all you are teaching me. I'm proud to be with you, and feel so safe when we are out and about, especially when you have your big gun on your hip. But I am proud that you are teaching me to be strong and that I have the right and the responsibility to protect the ones I love.

tombrewster421

Here's a quote from Ted Nugent. "God bless those that defy gun free zones."

Welcome to the forum Gramma. Hope I get the honor of meeting you one day.

Last edited:

John Hardin

Welcome aboard from me as well.

With Friday's events we're going to need all the calm, reasoning voices giving public support for our side - publicly, not just on interest fora like this one - that we can find. I hope one of those voices will be yours, as it's very compelling.

Last edited: