• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We have to be more vocal!

HP995

It's pretty clear that America is getting mostly one side of the story after a shooting tragedy. The media wouldn't have it any other way, but still, gun owners need to start being more vocal and more visible.

Open carry is one of the best ways to raise awareness! People need to see good people with guns. It's great how many people conceal carry, but they are also easy for the general public to overlook and not realize they exist.

But even that is not enough. We need to have more political voice RIGHT NOW!

Otherwise before you know it, it may be too late to preserve our current rights from new rounds of legislation fueled by support of a misinformed public. We need to be represented in these conversations in the national media and public eye, so that we can change popular opinion.

I thought the NRA was too slow and too quiet on this issue, when they should have been speaking out with logic and confidence right away. (Or maybe I just didn't see their comments, but if so it's too quiet!)

We must have much more public influence right away. Any good ideas???

(Needs to be something pretty big and not too slow, in order to block the current anti-gun effort if it gains momentum, which it looks like it will. There have been a lot of legal and legislative victories in the past years but it's no time to relax your vigilance!)

HP995

Great idea, Paramedic! Gun free zones are target zones, plain and simple.

But don't wait for a year or two later. Mark my words: If we don't influence public opinion right now we are going to lose some, perhaps very many, of our gun rights. The gun banners finally saw their chance and they've been waiting for years, as has the media. This is going to be big.