• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Liberal garbage spewing forth after Newtown - ATF now involved harrasing FFLs

davidmcbeth

Banned
Among the questions: Why did his mother, a well-to-do suburban divorcee, keep a cache of high-power weapons in the house?

http://news.yahoo.com/agents-visit-conn-gun-shops-school-massacre-080443085.html

Why did she keep guns? Now we have to justify this act? If I still had my FFL and ATF agents game a knockin for this garbage, I would not be too happy...

This is why when I closed down my FFL business, I destroyed all my customer files ... not that I kept many, I only kept what the law required and nothing more.

The ATF has not come to my door .. so it maybe that they are only harassing active FFLs ...

Its a witch hunt IMO... I can see visiting the FFLs who sold the guns used, but not others.

I have booted out the ATF before from my land ... If I want tea and crumpets with these guys, I'll send them an invitation.

They are just looking to arrest FFLs IMO .... dealers beware !

Ctclassic

Really Dave?

Ok, Ok....lets put the soapbox away for awhile, they'll be plenty of time to get it out later I'm sure.

These investagators have a job to do, most ( if not all ) of them have either seen pictures or in-person the 20 babies that were sloughtered in a bloodbath. Cut these guys some slack and if your not an FFL now don't worry about it. (kinda makes me wonder why your not still, but that's for another discussion)

We all have to walk on eggshells indefinately now, so let's be careful and respectable to the situation. These same investagators will be all over these sites looking for comments like that.

Carry On

WalkingWolf

I'm not walking on any eggshells, I had nothing to do with the horrible act. Why should anyone feel the need to tip toe? I intend to speak loudly the truth and not take any caca!

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...We all have to walk on eggshells indefinitely now, so let's be careful and respectable to the situation. These same investigators ...

These same investigators who are ARMED while they conduct their daily business?

How insensitive!

Ctclassic

These same investigators who are ARMED while they conduct their daily business?

How insensitive!

I don't understand your reasoning...

Heck, I'm armed too (except at work, I work in a state facility) while I conduct MY daily business. They're armed because it's part of the uniform they wear.

As far as "eggshells" goes, I just mean that we have to realize that we are going to be under the 'microscope' alittle more now than ever, because this act happened in OUR backyard. If you think this isn't going to change things, your sadly mistaken. Just sayin'.

WalkingWolf

I don't understand your reasoning...

Heck, I'm armed too (except at work, I work in a state facility) while I conduct MY daily business. They're armed because it's part of the uniform they wear.

As far as "eggshells" goes, I just mean that we have to realize that we are going to be under the 'microscope' alittle more now than ever, because this act happened in OUR backyard. If you think this isn't going to change things, your sadly mistaken. Just sayin'.

"I don't care" Deputy Marshal Samuel Gerard

They can look at what I say all they want, I am not going to sit back and get screwed because of some paranoid idiot that went on a killing spree. If you sit on your hands and bury your head in the sand is exactly what the anti gun people want. They do not want us to tell the truth and inform people with facts and common sense. So you can tip toe if you like, don't expect me to do it.

davidmcbeth

Banned
These investagators have a job to do, most ( if not all ) of them have either seen pictures or in-person the 20 babies that were sloughtered in a bloodbath..... Cut these guys some slackn

Why hunt down every FFL in the state and harass them? No, I would not cutting these guys "any slack" beyond the minimum legal requirements ...

People cut these guys some slack after 9-11 ... and now they are shoving their hands down our pants.

In fact, now is the time not to cut them any slack...IMO

Using dead children as a pretext for harassment ... disgusting.

kywildcat581

here is what gets me about the whole deal..

"The rifle used was a Bushmaster .223-caliber, according to an official with knowledge of the investigation who was not authorized to speak about it and talked on condition of anonymity. The gun is commonly seen at competitions and was the type used in the 2002 sniper killings in the Washington, D.C., area. Also found in the school were two handguns, a Glock 10 mm and a Sig Sauer 9 mm."

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/agents-visit-conn-gun-shops-school-massacre-080443085.html

"What we know is he shot his way into the building. He was not buzzed in," Malloy said. "He penetrated the building by literally shooting an entrance into the building. That's what an assault weapon can do for you."

Read more: http://www.wlky.com/news/national/C...17794326/-/15tm167/-/index.html#ixzz2FFOMCr00

Adam Lanza was found dead next to three guns -- a semiautomatic .223-caliber rifle made by Bushmaster and two handguns made by Glock and Sig Sauer, a law enforcement source told CNN. All belonged to his mother.

Read more: http://www.wlky.com/news/national/C...17794326/-/4sxofcz/-/index.html#ixzz2FFOsb5MS

Now with that being said, yesterday was a press release that the rifle was actually found in a car... but all of a sudden that has disappeared, and I am trying my best to dig it up.... which one is it? was it used or in the car?

found it...

Police said the killer carried two handguns into the school, while a rifle was found in the back of a car. They said the shootings took place in two classrooms, but they didn't provide details on exactly how it

Read more: http://www.wlky.com/Vigil-held-for-...17779158/-/dwcv6pz/-/index.html#ixzz2FFPoQXfu

the above link will take you to an edited page without those words... here is the cached version from google...

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...wcv6pz/-/index.html+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Now, regardless this is a terrible act and I have been upset since... but .. in the midst of all of the confusion and hatrid from one prty to another (anti's and pro's)... media... get your story straight

Ctclassic

Why hunt down every FFL in the state and harass them? No, I would not cutting these guys "any slack" beyond the minimum legal requirements ...

People cut these guys some slack after 9-11 ... and now they are shoving their hands down our pants.

In fact, now is the time not to cut them any slack...IMO

Using dead children as a pretext for harassment ... disgusting.
Ok, so you have had contact with every FFL in the state and you know for a fact (witnessed) that they were ALL, "harassed", right?
Please site some actual quotes from the feds/dealers please.
It's because of incidents like Columbine, Aurora, and yes 9-11 that make ATF (and let's not forget 9-11 initiated Homeland Sercurity) do the things they do.
Speaking of "hands down our pants", I don't hear you spouting off because of the frisking we all have to go through at the airport now.
Also, *quoting*, "people cut these guys slack after 9-11" your implying what first responders saw at ground zero the day the towers came down and what the FR's saw in the school, as the same thing, I will pray for you as well.
--------------------- You never did say why it was your not a FFL anymore.

WalkingWolf

Ok, so you have had contact with every FFL in the state and you know for a fact (witnessed) that they were ALL, "harassed", right?
Please site some actual quotes from the feds/dealers please.
It's because of incidents like Columbine, Aurora, and yes 9-11 that make ATF (and let's not forget 9-11 initiated Homeland Sercurity) do the things they do.
Speaking of "hands down our pants", I don't hear you spouting off because of the frisking we all have to go through at the airport now.
Also, *quoting*, "people cut these guys slack after 9-11" your implying what first responders saw at ground zero the day the towers came down and what the FR's saw in the school, as the same thing, I will pray for you as well.
--------------------- You never did say why it was your not a FFL anymore.

Could you provide a cite for the bolded?

Ctclassic

Could you provide a cite for the bolded?

Instead of engaging in an endless discussion with you, I will use the K.I.S.S. reply method....

Sometimes, WalkingWolf, we need to make a reasonable deduction as to when to interject some common sence. I'm quite sure even you can surmise that Homeland Security was derived from what happened in the past and just watch what ' Departments' are put together now.

Let's make no mistake, I am 2A thru and thru, I've had my permit for 27 years, but I've been a realist for alot longer than that.

Jack House

Oh look, guys! CTC has a permit, how cute.

CTC, stop apologizing for the government. Their actions should always be scrutinized under a microscope. And if they are found lacking, no leniency should be granted them.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Ctclassic

Hey jack

Not real sure who you think you are telling me to stop doing something??

I am not apologizing for the government. Period. Get it straight!

PS Thanks for thinking my permit is cute ;)

WalkingWolf

So you have a permit, next you will tell us you are a member of the NRA, or you have friends of another race. Besides the fact that permits have nothing to do with the second admendment, it is a the usual remark that is heard from anti gun folks who think they are not anti gun.

Deductions should be posted as opinions when they have no known basis in fact. All these agencies were around long before we had known terrist attacks. So your deductions are based in Bovine Scatology. In fact these agencies have been involved in terorist attacks.

Last edited:

motoxmann

based solely on the link in the first post, and ignoring all the opinions posted in this thread, it appears to me that the ATF is doing their job. nothing more, nothing less. plainly put, they are following any leads that could provide them with any form of knowledge or evidence pertaining to the opinionated/visually-recorded/logged use and/or training and/or purchase of any firearms by Adam Lanza and/or Adam's mother. nothing implies harassment, nothing implies ATF doing more than the law provides, nothing even seems suspiscious. logs are kept for a reason, and this is one of those reasons; so ATF and/or other LEO's can look into the background of a proven criminal. (I loosely used the word "proven" because the word "convicted" would not apply to someone who dies before being convicted, obviously).

motoxmann

Bovine Scatology.

wow. I've seen this term once or twice before without thinking about it, but I literally just did a double take and re-read it and actually got it haha. sorry, just lol'ing at myself for that one, and publicly sharing my own jeering humor at myself :p