• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Petition to arm teachers and principals

OC4me

Petition signed!

Its gotten off to a real fast start too! Please cross post this petition info to other forums, share with friends and family, tweet it to all your followers and post on your Facebook pages. Get the word out!

We must Repeal the Federal Gun Free School Zone Act and all State equivalents!

I've got a daughter going on 6 and an infant son. We'll be back in the U.S. next summer and both Mommy and I are very concerned about having to leave our children inside government-enabled killing zones all day.

Here in Southern Thailand, the government issues firearms to all school teachers who are required to carry them. They've had plenty of school ground massacres and finally said enough is enough!

Last edited:

eye95

Another STUPID petition.

Does anyone think that these petitions on the WHITE HOUSE site will accomplish anything??? Do you think that Obama will pay one whit of attention to them???

If you want to bring about lawful carry by school personnel, work through your State legislature.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Agreed. I won't lend any air of credibility to the WH "petition" scam. We need to stop perpetuating the pretend authority of the Federal Government over things that are not Interstate or Foreign Affairs.

NV is not as bad as some states. Here, if you carry on a school without a permit, it's a felony. If you have a permit, it's only a misdemeanor. I know a few armed teachers/students that play the odds.

Last edited:

zack991

I dont think the Federal gooberment knows the crap storm they will start with this or have thought it through. Americans are more pissed off then ever and it only takes one spark to set it all off. This will end badly for them one way or another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3tOE_BbRmc

Last edited:

Tucker6900

While I have the belief that these petitions go right into the electronic permanent round filing cabinet, I signed. You never know. Dictator wanna be Obama may just read them.

Kryteon

Bad Idea

If you start a petition to use federal funds to hire professionally trained and experienced people to guard our children I'll be happy to sign. But arming teachers and administrators who barely have the ability to read the constitution, is a very very bad idea.

KYKevin

You don't need petitions. You need to contact your reps at the local and state level and demand that they look into and take such actions. That is what gets things done. Petitions are useless. All they do is get the administration to put out a statement if you get so many signers. Nothing more. Not to mention they tend to be little more than a distraction.

matt2636

If you start a petition to use federal funds to hire professionally trained and experienced people to guard our children I'll be happy to sign. But arming teachers and administrators who barely have the ability to read the constitution, is a very very bad idea.

why not do it for free? for saftey of our kids?

FallonJeeper

In Nevada, just like Texas, teachers, with the permission of the school may carry on the school property. This also gets them around the FGFSZ. School administrators have the fastest solution to our childrens safety. Please don't stereotype all teachers. Many are combat veterans. I'm sure, in a pinch, they are are the best defense our children have.

jt59

This is stupid....

While you are wasting your time, energy and focus on this kind of stuff, legislation is being introduced...

This is symptomatic of the "Do Something" disease.... "OMG, we have to do something" .....to prevent (whatever the current crisis is) from happening again...do you think this silly online "petition" is going to get any, well, anything.....or does it make you feel better, because "dam, you're doing something!"

let's re-instate the Assualt Weapons Ban...that will fix it.

Lets bann the sale and delivery of ammunition by mail.....that will fix it.

We should be able to identify the loons and those about to be.....maybe if we get everybody on a gov't health care plan, and include a review of all your prescriptions before approval of use or in conjunction to the background check for a firearm purchase......that will fix it.....oh, wait...that one's in the works.

In WA., the word is that there will be an bill introduced to let the cities and towns make their own rules locally about guns overiding somehow the state pre-emption statute....that will fix it.

Feinstein's bill, already agreed to by the President: http://news.msn.com/politics/obama-...einstate-assault-weapons-ban-3?ocid=ansnews11

and closing the gun show "loophole"......that will fix it.

The Murderer couldn't buy the gun.... he stole it....and when he was done, he "fixed it" and avoided the expense of a trial....

....we should have a law about adults being liable for criminal negligence for "knowing or should have known" and having weapons secured.....that will fix it.....oh, wait...we already have those.

....we should have trigger gaurds be mandatory....that will fix it....oh, wait, we already have that in some places

....we should have registration so we can at least identify who....what, owned it, bought it....before it was stolen and used in a crime.....that will fix it....oh, wait, we already have those in most places.

I'm thinking of sending the NRA a $1,000 and hope they have some chance to defend it....

Don't kid yourselves....O'boama wants this done in 30 days to coincide with the new congress....and it moves out of the news cycle with the fiscal cliff.....he has a moment of opportunity and he will exploit it regardless of these stupid petitions that will do nothing.

Rant off..... Flame on!

Last edited:

rushcreek2

Implied in the petition process is the presumption that the authority being petitioned actually welcomes, and entertains the viewpoints of others on any given issue.

Obama is EXPLOITING the Sandy Hook tragedy in an effort to sway the Senate towards ratifying the U.N. Small Arms treaty.

People really need to wake up and realize that Obama is serious about fundamentally transforming America. He already has a plan , and does not welcome suggestions from counter-revolutionaries like us.

Efforts to petition criminals not to engage in criminal activity may prove more productive than petitioning a gun-banner not to pursue his agenda.

Protection of our children in the public schools is a PARENTAL responsibiliity. Parents should either home school , or demand that their Local school districts, and state lawmakers take IMMEDIATE steps to protect their children. Such tragedies at Sandy Hook are PREVENTABLE right now.

Licking the boots of a tyrannt only serves to feed his narcistic appetite for absolute power , and the subjugation of any and all opposition.

Plan A for the Republicans controlling the House should be to proceed immediately to impeach this usurper.

I am not yet convinced that the AR-15 was even used by the shooter inside the school. Perhaps it was - but I have a lingering suspicion that a conspiracy may have been entered into Friday between Eric Holder and CT authorities to tailor an official narrative that would "relocate" the AR-15 from the car where it was originally reported to have been found - to the inside of the school where the "assault weapon" could be "blamed" for the carnage. Call me a cynic - but consider the players : Obama/Holder and CT law enforcement officials favoring a permanent ban on such "assault weapons".

jt59

Cyndy Rhu, one of our WA legislators annoucement

Here it comes..

December 19, 2012

Dear Friends:

I join my constituents and our nation as we continue to grieve with the families of the 20 children and 6 adults killed last week in Sandy Hook Elementary School. President Obama said at the vigil last Sunday night in Newtown, “We can’t tolerate this anymore. These tragedies must end. And to end them, we must change.” The President is right – we are not doing enough, we can do better, we must change.

As a mother of three, I am deeply troubled that since the lapse of the assault weapons ban in 2004, no new legislation on gun safety regulations has been passed. Many of you have e-mailed me in the past few days urging me to support legislation regulating the sale and maintenance of weapons in our state. As your representative, I am fully aware of your constitutional freedom. However, as your representative, my primary concern is to provide for the safety and security of all citizens in all walks of life and in all environments.

I know that we must change. So, during our upcoming legislative session, I will support common sense measures to increase gun safety in our state, such as:

A ban on all assault weapons as signed by President Clinton but since elapsed.
A ban on high-capacity gun ammunition clips used in semi-automatic weapons.
Universal background checks to include closing the loophole related to gun-show sales.
Trigger locks and safe storage requirements.
A database in our state containing the markings imposed by every gun and a computerized system for tracing bullets and cartridge casings to the guns that fired them.
Thank you for contacting me on this important issue. Please continue to share your thoughts and ideas.

Best wishes to all,

Representative Cindy Ryu (D)

for the 32nd Legislative District

since9

Campaign Veteran
I do NOT believe "every teacher should be armed." Far too many of them are either without training, are under-trained, or are improperly trained. Some are just way too lax, and their firearms would fall into the wrong hands. A few are just not mentally stable enough.

If a teacher passes the following four hurdles, I would support them being armed:

1. Long, verifiable history with firearms. This includes both frequent and recurrent training, as well as experience.

2. They're willing to carry a firearm in school.

3. They're nominated by both their principal and at least two or three peers. This might run into some problems if you have an anti-2A principle, so I might amend this to say, nominated by three peers.

4. They attend a three-day training course, paid for by their school district, that's put on by their local law-enforcement department. The course would include detailed legal aspects, firearms safety training, as well as a practical test involving both the safe and effective handing of a firearm.

Yes, it's a high bar, but do you really think I want my son attending school where just any teacher can bring a firearm to school? No thank you! If they're properly vetted, however, I'm ok with that.

TNTTNT187

Teachers with guns ?

My 2 cents would be to have local police in schools. They know the laws, have been trained and screened properly. Also, many teachers unions would fight having teachers being armed. The mere presence of a marked patrol car may move someone to a different target. In elementary schools maybe have the LEO in plain cloths as not to disrupt the children. FED. mandate but overseen by local law enforcement.

zack991

Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine calls for arming school employees

by Chad D. Baus

Various Ohio media are reporting that advocates who've long been calling for arming our teachers to deter mass murderers and to stop them if they can, have a new ally: Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine (R).

From The Columbus Dispatch:

Attorney General Mike DeWine said today that Ohio schools should consider arming at least one staffer in their building in case of a shooting.

Stressing that it was a local decision, DeWine said, "If I was on a school board ... I would seriously consider having someone in that school, who may be an ex-police officer, someone who has significant training, someone who had access to a gun in school.

"But you would have to be very careful about it. I'm not saying everyone in the school should be armed but someone who knows what they are doing and who has that gun under lock and key and can get to it instantly out of their office. That's something I would at least debate and talk about."

..."We traditionally think of first responders as law enforcement, police and fire departments. But when there is a school emergency, teachers and educators are really the first responders to our children," DeWine said. "We need to take a holistic approach and make sure educators are prepared for any type of emergency and threat."

According to , DeWine's remarks came at a press conference where he announced that his office would expand safety training to educators and expand his School Safety Task Force following the horrific shooting in a Connecticut elementary school last week which killed 20 first graders and six teachers and administrators.

The training, currently available to law enforcement, will be available to teachers and administrators starting with a session in Columbus next month.

WCPO (ABC Cincinnati) is reporting that DeWine isn't the only Ohio official calling for arming our teachers to protect our children.

From the report:

There were new calls Tuesday for school districts to consider allowing school resource officers (SRO), teachers and staff members to carry guns on school grounds.

The recommendations from Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine and Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters came on the heels of the Sandy Hook Elementary School mass shooting in Newtown, Conn.

Adam Lanza took his own life when he heard police officers enter the building after he shot and killed 20 schoolchildren and six adults.

The question now is whether the crisis may have been averted if there was an armed staff member or SRO on site.

Deters believes that would be the quickest way to stop such tragedies, and said he doesn't oppose school personnel carrying concealed weapons.

"I have no problem with them carrying on their person, none at all," Deters said. "If it's a trained officer, I have no problem with that at all."

Asked about teachers being armed in their classrooms, Deters replied, "If a teacher is trained to handle a weapon, I would have no objection to a teacher having a weapon."

In separate coverage from WCPO, DeWine is quoted as pointing out that Ohio law does not need to be changed for teachers to have guns in school.

Indeed, ORC 2923.122 is what makes weapons illegal in Ohio schools. But provision (D)(1)(a) says the prohibition does not apply to "any other person who has written authorization from the board of education or governing body of a school to convey deadly weapons or dangerous ordnance into a school safety zone or to possess a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance in a school safety zone and who conveys or possesses the deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance in accordance with that authorization."

Right now, in Ohio, school boards have the ability to authorize any law-abiding persons they chose to bring a gun to school to protect our children if the nightmare begins again.

While the media and anti-gun politicians and extremists are following the same failed formula they have after every such horrific incident over the past two decades, they are missing a reality that more and more Americans seem to be waking up to:

We've tried all these 'get rid of the guns' laws before. It's never worked before and it won't work now. Americans are fed up with acting like we're all helpless when some nutcase decides to share his pain with the world and kill innocent people.

There's only one thing that works. Shoot the guy who is murdering our children. That works 100% of the time. It never fails. We arm our pilots. We have armed guards to protect banks. Politicians and rock starts travel armed or with armed security. It works for them. It will work for schools.

We need to stop being so passive and start acting like we give a damn. Stop the politics. Stop the talk. Let's do what works!

Chad D. Baus is the Buckeye Firearms Association Vice Chairman.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Attorney General Mike DeWine said:
...has that gun under lock and key and can get to it instantly out of their office....

Let me know how that works out.

Last edited: