Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Sen. Feinstein to introduce gun-control bill next year

  1. #1
    Regular Member Raggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wild Wild West Michigan
    Posts
    1,188

    Sen. Feinstein to introduce gun-control bill next year

    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

  2. #2
    Regular Member griffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Okemos, MI
    Posts
    884
    This really isn't news as she announced that she would introduce new gun control legislation next year before this shooting ever happened. This just gives her more publicity. We'll see what happens.
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams
    Wheels

  3. #3
    Regular Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mulligan's Valley
    Posts
    4,830
    That hypocritical ***** (edit- prostitute) for government oppression does that every year.

    It would seem, based on all the rhetoric now fire storming the media, that the people who control the media and government might actually try to push it through.

    It definitely falls upon us to make some noise to protest. Phillip Van Cleave was just on CNN for example. We need to be vocal in our disapproval for so much as mass contemplation of any gun bans.
    Last edited by Michigander; 12-17-2012 at 10:20 PM.

  4. #4
    Michigan Moderator Shadow Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grand Rapids
    Posts
    1,018
    Not being racist here- just making an assumption based on her last name that she is Jewish. Does she not remember what has happened to her people over history? The most abused ethnic group in the history of mankind, suffering at the hands of well armed oppressors. I'd think she'd be more like the Jews in Israel; armed to the teeth, and realistic about the next Holocaust!

    I have great admiration for God's chosen people- sadly,some have apparently forgotten history.
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

    'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

  5. #5
    Regular Member xmanhockey7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Portage, MI
    Posts
    1,490
    I don't see the house allowing this to pass. I'm really hoping the GOP gets their act together before the dems have full control again.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

    ...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

    Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

  6. #6
    Michigan Moderator DrTodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hudsonville , Michigan, USA
    Posts
    3,337

    Re: Sen. Feinstein to introduce gun-control bill next year

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Bear View Post
    Not being racist here- just making an assumption based on her last name that she is Jewish. Does she not remember what has happened to her people over history? The most abused ethnic group in the history of mankind, suffering at the hands of well armed oppressors. I'd think she'd be more like the Jews in Israel; armed to the teeth, and realistic about the next Holocaust!

    I have great admiration for God's chosen people- sadly,some have apparently forgotten history.
    Whether they are truly the "most abused ethnic group" is debatable... I'm thinking that this continent's "First Peoples" may have suffered more. But, that point aside, it does seem illogical that those whose forebearers have suffered due to the absence of an effective means of self-defense are often the most ardent supporters of most extremely stringent measures to make even more people unable to defend themselves.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

    Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mulligan's Valley
    Posts
    4,830
    The Levin's are another example of anti gunners of Jewish decent.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Ezerharden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Erie, MI
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    it does seem illogical that those whose forebearers have suffered due to the absence of an effective means of self-defense are often the most ardent supporters of most extremely stringent measures to make even more people unable to defend themselves.
    Perhaps not. Not to justify her actions as they are misguided, but it could be a case of her remembering the history of what guns did TO her people. Either way though, I doubt this will get much more traction than her previous attempts.
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

    I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

    For Drama free gun rights discussion, see http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/

  9. #9
    Michigan Moderator DrTodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hudsonville , Michigan, USA
    Posts
    3,337

    Re: Sen. Feinstein to introduce gun-control bill next year

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezerharden View Post
    Perhaps not. Not to justify her actions as they are misguided, but it could be a case of her remembering the history of what guns did TO her people. Either way though, I doubt this will get much more traction than her previous attempts.
    So a case of forgetting the all-important aspect of who used the firearm against whom?

    Well, in her defense, she got part of the equation right. I am SO surprised that SHE actually is proposing this... she carried a gun for years under one of California's somewhat rare concealed-carry permits. I think, too, that she may have been involved in the effort to allow Federal Legislators an exemption to DC's gun laws by giving them some sort of deputization by the US Marshal's Service some years ago. You know, a special type of "Only Ones" mentality.
    Last edited by DrTodd; 12-19-2012 at 01:23 AM.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

    Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Ezerharden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Erie, MI
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    So a case of forgetting the all-important aspect of who used the firearm against whom?

    Well, in her defense, she got part of the equation right. I am SO surprised that SHE actually is proposing this... she carried a gun for years under one of California's somewhat rare concealed-carry permits. I think, too, that she may have been involved in the effort to allow Federal Legislators an exemption to DC's gun laws by giving them some sort of deputization by the US Marshal's Service some years ago. You know, a special type of "Only Ones" mentality.
    The history does ring a bell, I do recall reading about her having a CPL in California. Don't recall the Legislators issue, but it would not surprise me. All politicians are elitists that believe their lives are more valuable than us "peasants".
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

    I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

    For Drama free gun rights discussion, see http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •