• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sen. Feinstein to introduce gun-control bill next year

griffin

This really isn't news as she announced that she would introduce new gun control legislation next year before this shooting ever happened. This just gives her more publicity. We'll see what happens.

Michigander

That hypocritical ***** (edit- prostitute) for government oppression does that every year.

It would seem, based on all the rhetoric now fire storming the media, that the people who control the media and government might actually try to push it through.

It definitely falls upon us to make some noise to protest. Phillip Van Cleave was just on CNN for example. We need to be vocal in our disapproval for so much as mass contemplation of any gun bans.

Last edited:

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Not being racist here- just making an assumption based on her last name that she is Jewish. Does she not remember what has happened to her people over history? The most abused ethnic group in the history of mankind, suffering at the hands of well armed oppressors. I'd think she'd be more like the Jews in Israel; armed to the teeth, and realistic about the next Holocaust!

I have great admiration for God's chosen people- sadly,some have apparently forgotten history.

xmanhockey7

I don't see the house allowing this to pass. I'm really hoping the GOP gets their act together before the dems have full control again.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Not being racist here- just making an assumption based on her last name that she is Jewish. Does she not remember what has happened to her people over history? The most abused ethnic group in the history of mankind, suffering at the hands of well armed oppressors. I'd think she'd be more like the Jews in Israel; armed to the teeth, and realistic about the next Holocaust!

I have great admiration for God's chosen people- sadly,some have apparently forgotten history.

Whether they are truly the "most abused ethnic group" is debatable... I'm thinking that this continent's "First Peoples" may have suffered more. But, that point aside, it does seem illogical that those whose forebearers have suffered due to the absence of an effective means of self-defense are often the most ardent supporters of most extremely stringent measures to make even more people unable to defend themselves.

Ezerharden

it does seem illogical that those whose forebearers have suffered due to the absence of an effective means of self-defense are often the most ardent supporters of most extremely stringent measures to make even more people unable to defend themselves.

Perhaps not. Not to justify her actions as they are misguided, but it could be a case of her remembering the history of what guns did TO her people. Either way though, I doubt this will get much more traction than her previous attempts.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Perhaps not. Not to justify her actions as they are misguided, but it could be a case of her remembering the history of what guns did TO her people. Either way though, I doubt this will get much more traction than her previous attempts.

So a case of forgetting the all-important aspect of who used the firearm against whom?

Well, in her defense, she got part of the equation right. I am SO surprised that SHE actually is proposing this... she carried a gun for years under one of California's somewhat rare concealed-carry permits. I think, too, that she may have been involved in the effort to allow Federal Legislators an exemption to DC's gun laws by giving them some sort of deputization by the US Marshal's Service some years ago. You know, a special type of "Only Ones" mentality.

Last edited:

Ezerharden

So a case of forgetting the all-important aspect of who used the firearm against whom?

Well, in her defense, she got part of the equation right. I am SO surprised that SHE actually is proposing this... she carried a gun for years under one of California's somewhat rare concealed-carry permits. I think, too, that she may have been involved in the effort to allow Federal Legislators an exemption to DC's gun laws by giving them some sort of deputization by the US Marshal's Service some years ago. You know, a special type of "Only Ones" mentality.

The history does ring a bell, I do recall reading about her having a CPL in California. Don't recall the Legislators issue, but it would not surprise me. All politicians are elitists that believe their lives are more valuable than us "peasants".