Thread: gresham fredmyer locked down for reports of someone with a gun

gresham fredmyer locked down for reports of someone with a gun

http://www.kptv.com/story/20355648/p...fter-gun-scare
    That mean if we opencarry were gunna shut down a place and get detained?

Re: gresham fredmyer locked down for reports of someone with a gun

It is a possibility. However, not just now but always. Just more likely at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by bwboley View Post
    http://www.kptv.com/story/20355648/p...fter-gun-scare
    That mean if we opencarry were gunna shut down a place and get detained?
    I don't think Freddy's would do it, but if they sued the 911 caller for lost revenue, calls like this would stop real quick.

May I add...you have to remember, making a false 911 call is a crime...any criminal act that causes someone else damage (lost sales here, and pay for your workers that could not work) can result in a civil judgement against you.
    Last edited by hermannr; 12-16-2012 at 05:39 PM.

Reading the comments in the linked story are a bit scary.....so what if it was just an open carrier? The cops are going to show up, the store locked down, who knows how they're going to approach the carrier (i.e. locked and cocked, aimed at is head, or lawfully and CONSENSUALLY since there is no legal violation)?

Seems to me it's time for some more intensive open carrying activities.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

wow

i have a good idea who was the oc. enough said.

About 2.5 years back, while carrying open in my local Fred Meyer, a manager came to up to me while I was shopping.
    He just wanted to make contact and let me know another customer had raised concerns.
    Before he talked to me he verified by calling the Sheriff's office that it was legal, and confirmed FM corporate goes by state law.
    He said there were no problems, just wanted to give me a heads-up in case the other customer should make a stink about it.

Remember, Portland (not sure about Gresham) has an unloaded open carry ordinance, but a CHL exempts.
    "Guns are not the problem … crazy is the problem” ... “We cannot legislate our society to the craziest amongst us.” - Jon Stewart
    “I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." - Tolkien

While it's far-fetched for the store to sue someone for loss of business (esp. since this apparently didn't last too long), it should be common practice that the police ticket people for making false 911 calls. At least charge them the cost of the response. That might curb some of the anti's enthusiasm for making false reports.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    While it's far-fetched for the store to sue someone for loss of business (esp. since this apparently didn't last too long), it should be common practice that the police ticket people for making false 911 calls. At least charge them the cost of the response. That might curb some of the anti's enthusiasm for making false reports.
    I think they'd find it hard to charge the calling citizen when those who answer the call don't know, or don't communicate, that it is lawful activity. They'd end up being sued themselves for negligence or some such.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Gresham has no loaded carry ordinance. I know, I carry there when I vist my cousins.