• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

After the Newton CT shooting I posted on FB...

Lord Sega

After the Newtown CT shooting I posted on FB...

On a fairly new Facebook page Gun Owners, I posted the following with this pic (borrowed from another FB page).
I thought I would get a couple of comments, but it's really turned into a debate, thought you folks might enjoy reading it.
There's a few one liners from both sides without facts / cites / or wanting to discuss, but most of the (longer) comments are good and make you think.
Still haven't had anyone make an alternative suggestion that could be effective.

Here's my OP:

To Newtown, Connecticut, our thoughts and prayers are with you in this time of tragedy, we mourn with you for your loss.

I just wish that the office staff had one or two handgun carriers, they could have stopped him (or pinned him down) at the front office before he got to the classroom. We all share your pain and grief at this tragedy, but blame the person not the tool used. You can't regulate or litigate crazy, but returned fire can and will stop crazy.

To those who are already screaming for more gun control from Obama, that only makes it easier and safer for the crazy bad guys out there.

Obama must speak up and require 10% of all teachers and 50% of administrative staff at all schools be armed and allocate federal funds for initial and annual refresher tactical training of those volunteers. Schools need the ability to respond in an instant to any active shooters that gain entrance to our kids schools.

A no weapons sign on a door or a anti-gun law will not stop evil or crazy, but good people will if given the chance.

I included this pic: Sane Armed.jpg

I'm not pasting the entire debate here, but it's an interesting read, here's the LINK

Last edited: