• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC and CCW discussions going crazy on "patches"

freak4cycles

Boy oh boy

Man this patch news feed is being going crazy.. Here is an example of one of my post to a 66 y/o man lashing out at guns and their danger in mass quantity in our society.

Don, I will try to respect you as you are a fellow human and my elder. Your comments do show a large amount of ignorance on this topic. By this I mean lack of gun education! Since there invention guns have been prevalent in our society. You would not ask our military and police to disarm? They defend you right? Many citizens since 1985 have also protected you and you were not aware. This protection comes in the form of the educated an trained public allowed to carry concealed weapons. If you watch local news you will not find the countless times when armed citizens have stopped crimes with said weapons. The main stream media will NOT report these incidents. Because half of Americans own guns a significant number of them also carry concealed. You just don't know because you don't see them. Cities with gun bans like Chicago IL, New York have higher assault crime rates. Do your own research on this topic please. Also the response time of the police is never as fast as a fellow human with a concealed weapon. In closing every nation to disarm its public has resulted in loss of its rights, freedoms, and life. There has to be a balance, a equalizer to oppose tyranny at the very least. Please educate yourself Don.