• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

U.S. troops ordered to kill Americans-Gun confiscation

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I haven't heard a word in the press about US troops having started a nationwide gun confiscation with orders to shoot resisters.

Is this a case of an exaggerated thread title?

eye95

"Tinfoil! Getcha tinfoil here!"

I watched about five minutes of this video before concluding that this bozo is misreading what is admittedly a grossly stupid document. It is a wishlist hoping for the disarmament of national armies. This was probably written by some peacenik who got into the Kennedy administration, thinking that he was some lefty whackjob. Kennedy was not the great president some make him out to be, but neither was he a leftist peacenik.

Yet the nutjob reading this bit of foolishness comes off just as foolish by consistently taking every statement about disarming armies as disarming individuals. I don't need to see the last 15 minutes to know that he will misinterpret all that follows. That first five minutes I ain't ever getting back! I am not going to donate another 15 to this tomfoolery.

If the UN ever tries to disarm the American People, they will quickly learn why the Russians never tried an invasion. We have lots of bladed of grass behind which we can await them with our guns. We don't need the bozo on the video making unsupported predictions to remain vigilant. We don't need him to know that this treaty won't get through the Senate or that, if by some miracle it does, we are already prepared to protect our right to these tools with these tools should the UN or anyone else try to take them.

Let's prepare for the real threats to these rights, not the invented ones. Real threats, like Obama packing the Supreme Court with anti-gunners. Oh, wait, we reelected him. We missed the best opportunity we had to protect the 2A peacefully.

self preservation

I haven't heard a word in the press about US troops having started a nationwide gun confiscation with orders to shoot resisters.

Is this a case of an exaggerated thread title?

I don't think the victims of Katrina heard about it on the news either. Just some food for thought. The video may be full of BS. Just throwing it out there to see what others thought.

eye95

Using anecdotal evidence to claim a trend is precisely the kind of foolishness expected from the tinfoil crowd.

EMNofSeattle

First off, a guy in birth control glasses with a mullet telling me to "get serious" no 7 kinds of wrong there

Second this video leaves out important context, the document cited on the video says jack about civilian guns, read it, it refers to "disarmament" in the context of elimination of nuclear weapons and limiting conventional military forces. the proposal then says UN should have an enforcment arm to carry out nuclear disarmament. this was a proposal in the mid 1960s that went no where. and now what this guy is saying it's evidence of an impending gun grab?

IDTS

davidmcbeth

Banned
I like to have facts to support claims ....

So, what facts ARE out :

1) DoD Logisitics agency was created to give away military hardware to local police
2) DoJ grants provide local law enforcement with military hardware as well
3) DoD has started training soldiers to supervise local law enforcement

So it appears as if the federal government has been arming local police. Now when have we seen the feds give away anything for nothing? They want something in return, yes? And more than just safe streets, right?

I believe that the federal government is intending (or has already done - see Katrina gun grabs) on using local police as an arm or branch of our military.

A smart move .. people are more reluctant to shoot at a local cop v. a federal soldier IMO.

If those reading this do not believe it ... then the possibility surely must be recognized.

Tin foil hats? That's what they said in the 60's about going to the moon.

So why not use a UN treaty as a premise to remove these "horrible classes of guns"? During Katrina, they had no legal authority whatsoever to remove guns and they still did it.

If you need to "see it to believe it" then you'll see it too late.

EMNofSeattle

*sigh*

I've posted it 3 times on this forum in the past, you can find it yourself this time, there's a manual of printed regulations on the donation of federal hardware to local police agencies. the conditions of donation are entirely use orientented, you can't sell your 1 million dollar helicopter right after the feds give it to your sheriffs office for free for instance. stuff like that. there is nothing anywhere that says you must do what the feds tell you if you take some equipment

NO gun confiscation can be traced back to Ray Nangin, who's police Chief Eddie Compass issued the confiscation order. not a single gun outside New Orleans was taken, not one. NO lost on every single grounds, they lost in court, congress immediately passed laws specifically condemning the taking, and states everywhere added that to their list of things NOT to do, it was localized and not encouraged by anyone outside of NO.

Hardly the basis for a conspiracy to take your firearms.

davidmcbeth

Banned
*sigh*

I've posted it 3 times on this forum in the past, you can find it yourself this time,.

Thanks for the post. I appreciate that you did not ask for cites either...

But consider this: congress admonished the executive branch over the fast-and-furious program too. This was also clearly a gun grab attempt by the government. It went all according to plan: give mexican desperados AR15/M16, let them kill boarder agents..then call for a ban on the guns was next. But a whistle blower derailed this train.

And US soldiers were used during the Katrina gun grab ... this acknowledges that the feds OKed this activity, yes?
And most, not all, soldiers said "OK" to their orders. Enough to effect the gun grab. And of the soldiers that did object to the gun grab on constitutional grounds did nothing to prevent it.

And folks who wave the papers of the logistics program about sound like Chamberlain waving the peace treaty between Germany and England...some local police have turned around and sold the guns, leaving obamalama to halt the DoD program (hey, its putting guns into the hands of the people--we can't have that!). I imagine most other PDs to answer the call when called upon .. so they can continue to get their free toys.

Otherwise, why is the DoD training their soldiers to supervise local PDs? What for invasion purposes? That's an even further stretch, yes?

Grab now, admonish later seems to be the SOP of our federal government...

Keep the Faith!

EMNofSeattle

Thanks for the post. I appreciate that you did not ask for cites either...

But consider this: congress admonished the executive branch over the fast-and-furious program too. This was also clearly a gun grab attempt by the government. It went all according to plan: give mexican desperados AR15/M16, let them kill boarder agents..then call for a ban on the guns was next. But a whistle blower derailed this train.

And US soldiers were used during the Katrina gun grab ... this acknowledges that the feds OKed this activity, yes?
And most, not all, soldiers said "OK" to their orders. Enough to effect the gun grab. And of the soldiers that did object to the gun grab on constitutional grounds did nothing to prevent it.

And folks who wave the papers of the logistics program about sound like Chamberlain waving the peace treaty between Germany and England...some local police have turned around and sold the guns, leaving obamalama to halt the DoD program (hey, its putting guns into the hands of the people--we can't have that!). I imagine most other PDs to answer the call when called upon .. so they can continue to get their free toys.

Otherwise, why is the DoD training their soldiers to supervise local PDs? What for invasion purposes? That's an even further stretch, yes?

Grab now, admonish later seems to be the SOP of our federal government...

Keep the Faith!

Not nessecarily. The Military forces involved, to the best of my knowledge were national guardsmen and soldiers attached to those ANG units. from what limited understanding I have it's SOP to have a local official act as "incident commander" and all relief efforts working under him. after 9/11 for instance all the search and rescue efforts conducted by police, fire, and national guard were directed by an NY city Fire Chief.

So if the local incident commander was Eddie Compass or his subordinates, then he could have ok'd that without going through the feds...

knowing how the feds are renown for their effeciency and grasp on rapidly changing situations, I'd imagine the first time a federal official working independently of the city of NO ever heard guns were being confiscated was probably watching the news and spitting his coffee at high speed towards the screen.

What types of training is the DoD providing local law enforcement? I do not know which training you're referring to and thus withold comment at this time.

As far as federal surplus, I doubt it. The stuff that the feds provide local police isn't even that useful to the department. police departments like free helicopters and some beat up armored personnel carrier because it makes them look cool, just like why young kids like race cars and stuff. How many times a year is the APC actually used in most departments? probably not enough to ensure complete loyalty required to go along with confiscating guns especially since NO ended so badly for the NOPD and LA ANG when they tried it.

self preservation

First off, a guy in birth control glasses with a mullet telling me to "get serious" no 7 kinds of wrong there

Second this video leaves out important context, the document cited on the video says jack about civilian guns, read it, it refers to "disarmament" in the context of elimination of nuclear weapons and limiting conventional military forces. the proposal then says UN should have an enforcment arm to carry out nuclear disarmament. this was a proposal in the mid 1960s that went no where. and now what this guy is saying it's evidence of an impending gun grab?

IDTS

Explanations such as yours are one reason why I shared this link. I knew you "old heads" would shine light on what this guy was saying and debunk any BS that he was preaching. Plus, folks who read this thread will get educated just as I have and if they see this video in the future maybe they will think "I read about this on OCDO and this is nothing to worry about".

OC for ME

*sigh*

I've posted it 3 times on this forum in the past, you can find it yourself this time, there's a manual of printed regulations on the donation of federal hardware to local police agencies. the conditions of donation are entirely use orientented, you can't sell your 1 million dollar helicopter right after the feds give it to your sheriffs office for free for instance. stuff like that. there is nothing anywhere that says you must do what the feds tell you if you take some equipment

NO gun confiscation can be traced back to Ray Nangin, who's police Chief Eddie Compass issued the confiscation order. not a single gun outside New Orleans was taken, not one. NO lost on every single grounds, they lost in court, congress immediately passed laws specifically condemning the taking, and states everywhere added that to their list of things NOT to do, it was localized and not encouraged by anyone outside of NO.

Hardly the basis for a conspiracy to take your firearms.
Au contraire mon frere! Watch the video from the NRA, the second segment.

http://12160.info/video/nra-the-untold-story-of-gun-confiscation-after-katrina?xg_source=activity

St. Tammany Parish SO confiscated, unlawfully, privately owned firearms after Katrina. So, there is at least one instance reported outside of N.O. to be found. Now, you have the privilege of disbelieving the citizen's account of the alleged incident.

self preservation

Using anecdotal evidence to claim a trend is precisely the kind of foolishness expected from the tinfoil crowd.

I think you misunderstood my point. My point wasn't that since it happened after Katrina that it must be happening now. My point was if, if, if a gun grab was coming our way we probably wouldn't get media warning.

eye95

That we MAY not get media warning does not mean that we have not gotten media warning of a currently impending gun-grab. The thread title is misleading, indicating an imminent and violent gun-grab.

This chicken-littlism is detracting from the real threats to Liberty and make us appear to be fringe wackos, like the guy in the video is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

self preservation

That we MAY not get media warning does not mean that we have not gotten media warning of a currently impending gun-grab. The thread title is misleading, indicating an imminent and violent gun-grab.

This chicken-littlism is detracting from the real threats to Liberty and make us appear to be fringe wackos, like the guy in the video is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

I posted the title of the video. It was a share, not my own title. Sorry it appears otherwise. And yes, we have been seeing gun grabbing reports, but not like what New Orleans dealt with. New Orleans wasn't facing possible upcoming restrictive laws. They faced a busted head and a stolen gun. Just a little bit different type of gun grab than what we have been seeing IMHO. I have already stated why I shared the video. I didn't mean for it to look like an imminent, violent gun grab. Although nothing is indicating that is going to happen again, if it happened once it could happen again. And yes, I believe some of those troops would have killed their own in the name of an order.

Thundar

"Tinfoil! Getcha tinfoil here!"

I watched about five minutes of this video before concluding that this bozo is misreading what is admittedly a grossly stupid document. It is a wishlist hoping for the disarmament of national armies. This was probably written by some peacenik who got into the Kennedy administration, thinking that he was some lefty whackjob. Kennedy was not the great president some make him out to be, but neither was he a leftist peacenik.

Yet the nutjob reading this bit of foolishness comes off just as foolish by consistently taking every statement about disarming armies as disarming individuals. I don't need to see the last 15 minutes to know that he will misinterpret all that follows. That first five minutes I ain't ever getting back! I am not going to donate another 15 to this tomfoolery.

If the UN ever tries to disarm the American People, they will quickly learn why the Russians never tried an invasion. We have lots of bladed of grass behind which we can await them with our guns. We don't need the bozo on the video making unsupported predictions to remain vigilant. We don't need him to know that this treaty won't get through the Senate or that, if by some miracle it does, we are already prepared to protect our right to these tools with these tools should the UN or anyone else try to take them.

Let's prepare for the real threats to these rights, not the invented ones. Real threats, like Obama packing the Supreme Court with anti-gunners. Oh, wait, we reelected him. We missed the best opportunity we had to protect the 2A peacefully.

Just because they are paranoid tin foil hat types doesn't mean the civil rights supressionists are not out to steal your guns.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Just because they are paranoid tin foil hat types doesn't mean the civil rights supressionists are not out to steal your guns.

Those that SOCIETY have judged and labeled as "tin foil hat types" in the past have been the ones that ended up being RIGHT!

Society just loves to judge and hassle those that believe in things that they don't, but when what they have said becomes reality they probably feel kind of stupid.

I hate how people label others as tin foil hat bearers simply because those they judge have an open-mind and an awareness of how governments in the past have opearated. When we see our own government acting the same way and discuss those actions and compare them with actions of governments before us, we get labeled as stupid. "They don't believe what I believe so they must be stupid, tin foil hat crazies!" they say.

Last edited:

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
I'm not addressing the merits (or not) of the news item discussed above, but WILL venture to say that if the American military/LEOs (whoever) went about confiscating guns from everyone, and possibly shooting people as they did so -- then it seems to me that it would be the start of an "American Spring."

If not, then nothing will...

Last edited:

eye95

Nah. The overwhelming majority of the time the tin-foil types are embarrassingly wrong. They just don't call attention to their failed predictions like they do the few that bear some resemblance to a future reality.

Anyway, wacko assertions, like those found in this thread, unfortunately, make pointing out real threats to our Liberty seem fringe also. For instruction on this phenomenon, read up on Chicken Little and The Boy Who Cried, "Wolf!"