• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

St Louis County Police Chief: Lets Arm Teachers

EMNofSeattle

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2012/12/17/county-police-chief-recommends-arming-school-personnel/

ST. LOUIS COUNTY (KMOX) - St. Louis County Police Chief Tim Fitch says it is time to talk about arming civilian school personnel following Friday’s massacre in Newtown, Connecticut, comparing it to arming airline pilots after September 11, 2001.

“I see it no differently,” he said. “Pilots have been armed now for many many years, we’ve not had another hijacking and the issue is, for the bad guy, he doesn’t know which airplane he’s getting on, if the pilot is armed or not.”

Firearms Iinstuctor

This idea is getting out there a few state legislators have called for this.

But it is a up hill battle against the MSM.

One has to promote it call radio talk shows and spread the work any way one can.

Jonz

I think this is a great idea. It will cost the government, school boards, or any other administration absolutely nothing. Just allow those who have firearms to bring in what they already have.

OC for ME

Heard on the top of the hour radio news, 2 PM CST, that a school in Texas has permitted their teachers to choose to be armed on the job since 2008. Cops are ~30 minutes from the school.

swarr

Oc for Me, I read about that the other day as well. I also heard yesterday that another school district in Texas is going to allow their teachers to carry as well. It is about time these people start taking the security of children seriously.

Barnett3006

This idea is getting out there a few state legislators have called for this.

But it is a up hill battle against the MSM.

One has to promote it call radio talk shows and spread the work any way one can.

Not doubting you, but I would appreciate some site's on this if you would point me in there direction.

Thanks