Thread: NRA member Sen. Manchin says Newtown shooting should open assault weapons debate

NRA member Sen. Manchin says Newtown shooting should open assault weapons debate

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/n...-election.html

Sen Manchin needs to be removed from office if he is going to try to ban our means of self defense. This guy broke 40 CT laws (not including any federal laws). Another law isn't going to stop crime.

Also, why does the NRA support these anti-gun people?! He doesn't even know what he is saying!

I don't know anyone in the sporting or hunting arena that goes out with an assault rifle. I don't know anybody that needs 30 rounds in a clip to go hunting. I mean, these are things that need to be talked about.
    The 2A is NOT about hunting. This dolt needs to go.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Regular Member self preservation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/n...-election.html

Sen Manchin needs to be removed from office if he is going to try to ban our means of self defense. This guy broke 40 CT laws (not including any federal laws). Another law isn't going to stop crime.

Also, why does the NRA support these anti-gun people?! He doesn't even know what he is saying!

The 2A is NOT about hunting. This dolt needs to go.
    I love how it's "NRA member Sen. Manchin" instead of just "Sen. Manchin". The media's way of saying "hey, even NRA folks want these gun's banned" so let's go for it..
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.