Thread: Message to KY Legislators Concerning KRS 527.070

Activist Member

Message to KY Legislators Concerning KRS 527.070

I have contacted my representatives and senators and I have asked them to help the children of Kentcuky so they never have to become victims or set in the corner of a class-room in complete fear hoping they aren't next! I urge everyone to do the same, because I cannot stand by and allow something like this to happen in Kentucky. This is atrocious, and it has really bothered me.

Here is my e-mail:

I am calling for an end to "gun-free" zones. We have lost 20 precious children because NOBODY in that CT school were able to fight back and defend them. As history has shown, "gun-free" zones are nothing more than guarunteed victim zones for criminals and their insidious agendas. If only ONE person had been armed during this horrible incident, then perhaps they could've killed the attacker, or atleast drew his attention to their gun-fire and away from the children. I am tired of "gun-free" zones taking the lives of our youth, because obviously only the LAW-ABIDING abide by the law, not criminals determined to kill! Kentucky has similiar statutes as Conneticut, and KRS 527.070 will do absolutely nothing to stop someone bent on taking a life from doing so in our K-12 schools. These statutes leave our children defenseless, and I would hate to be the one to tell them that their only option in an attack like this is to gather in a corner and hope the murderer passes them by. Words on paper do nothing to stop someone with mens rea, and a gun buster sign only disarms the law-abiding citizens that could help. I don't want KY children to be defenseless. It is time to amend KRS 527.070 and atleast allow those with CDWLs to carry on school grounds; maybe then our teachers can be prepared for these psychopathic killers and we can save lives. I would feel MUCH better knowing my children are protected while at school. You have always favored "common sense" legislation, and it is obvious that "gun-free" zones create death. Please consider a future amendment to KRS 527.070 so our children can be comforted knowing their teachers and others can save them if, God forbid, they ever end up in such a horrible situation.

Please contact your representatives and senators and ask them to amend KRS 527.070 to allow those with a CDWL to carry on K-12 property. Anyone without a CDWL are still subject to federal law, so those with the CDWL are the only ones that could legally carry if KRS 527.070 were amended.

I do NOT want to hear of another child losing their life because of this murderous legislation.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

People who have a CDWL are exempt from the act on a Federal level... correct? Well.. as long as the license requires a background check and we are in the licensing state. The only thing keeping us out of the school building, or on school grounds is state law?

Activist Member
    Kentucky legislators can be reached here: http://www.lrc.ky.gov/whoswho/email.htm

I just realized that I spelled "guaranteed" wrong in the email. If anybody uses it make sure to change that mistake.

And yes, for those that hold a KY CDWL the only thing that prevents us from carrying in K-12 schools is KRS 527.070. If CDWL holders were exempted and the permission requirement was removed we could carry in K-12 schools. If they left the permission requirement it wouldn't be any different than it is now, because we would never get permission.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Sent to mine in Jessamine Co. Let's hope they repeal it and let us save our children's lives.

Regular Member self preservation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Comm View Post
    Sent to mine in Jessamine Co. Let's hope they repeal it and let us save our children's lives.
    Let's hope it doesn't fall on deaf ears.

Ps. Anyone heard from Gutshot? He hasn't been busy playing Santa at the mall has he?
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

Sent mine....
    I got a gun for my wife.. good trade!

Red face

I sent a letter to my state representative, my congressman, and I sent a 3 page letter to Mr. Obama. I'll either have secret service knocking on my door, FBI, or Homeland Security Once the President gets my letter. In all reality I don't think they will. I was firm and to the point in my letter. No threats made. The only thing I stated was that the government is going to keep pushing and pushing until we the people use our 2nd amendment rights. Then I ended my letter with DON'T TREAT ON ME...

Last edited by mem1977; 12-22-2012 at 01:01 AM.
    I'll give you my gun when you take it from my cold, dead hands! ~ Charlton Heston (1923 -- 2008)

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand be faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had a gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass. ~ The Gunfighter’s Prayer

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by mem1977 View Post
    i sent a letter to my state representative, my congressman, and i sent a 3 page letter to mr. Obama. I'll either have secret service knocking on my door, fbi, or homeland security once the president gets my letter. In all reality i don't think they will. I was firm and to the point in my letter. No threats made. The only thing i stated was that the government is going to keep pushing and pushing until we the people use our 2nd amendment rights. Then i ended my letter with don't treat on me...

don't treat on me?
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    don't treat on me?
    Sorry about the typo.... That was meant to say. DON'T TREAD ON ME... I did write the 3 page letter to say DON'T ""TREAD"" ON ME and not TREAT. LOL
    I'll give you my gun when you take it from my cold, dead hands! ~ Charlton Heston (1923 -- 2008)

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand be faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had a gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass. ~ The Gunfighter’s Prayer

Centurion
    Sorry, I should have had a "LOL" at the end of my question mark.... It was meant as a friend giving you a bad time for a "slip"....

Carry on in any legal manner you choose in any / all legal locations!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"