Thread: WVCDL Protest at Joe Manchin's office, Saturday December 22

WVCDL Protest at Joe Manchin's office, Saturday December 22

Details here: https://www.facebook.com/events/139625186189301/

Reason for protest, in case you haven't heard about it in the news: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/n...-election.html

Activist Member
    One of those 30 round "magazines" sure would have been nice to have attached to an AR-15 or Glock 17 when this maniac started shooting those children wouldn't it? Where is his logic? It doesn't matter if people don't use them for hunting, it matters that they use them for self-defense, which is why we have the Second Amendment.

If he isn't going to use a logical thought process to make rational decisions then he doesn't need to be representing the people of West Virginia.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Im going to try my damnedest to get off of work on Saturday and attend. However, its very difficult to find someone else to work a 12 hour shift.

But I would LOVE to get there.

The governor of WV should be completely ashamed of himself.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

bump - Can anyone make this a sticky until Saturday?

The Facebook page is exploding but I would hate for non-FB people to miss out.

True colors always come out in the end. Just another POS democrap adept at lying when running for office. Go get the sob!
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmedSociety View Post
    Details here: https://www.facebook.com/events/139625186189301/

Reason for protest, in case you haven't heard about it in the news: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/n...-election.html
    I would like to attend but I do NOT have a Facebook account and it keeps asking me to sign in to view your page. Could you please post the details here as well?
    Last edited by KYGlockster; 12-21-2012 at 12:08 AM.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Sorry, would have done so but I was able to see it without signing in:

Saturday, December 22, 2012
    10:00am in EST
    300 Virginia Street East, Charleston, WV 25301

Please do not open carry. Gather at the WVCDL banner in front of WOWK TV's offices on the Charleston Town Center side of the Federal Courthouse building. We do not have a permit to protest a federal courthouse. If you stand on the federal courthouse property, you may be arrested. Certainly, under no circumstances, should you carry a weapon, concealed or otherwise, onto courthouse property.

-

Also, this is getting a lot of attention, some national, so we're trying to avoid people wearing camo (because it appears militia to people outside WV, etc.) and keep things looking civil.

The no open carry request is because of Charleston's vague ordinances and because the focus of this protest should be on Manchin and not fighting Charleston's laws. DHS and Federal Protective services have already contacted the WVCDL about being extra sure to not carry (concealed or otherwise) onto federal property.