Thread: Sen. Warner is among the first to cave....

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com

Sen. Warner is among the first to cave....

I heard the entire interview and I did not read it that way. Unfortunately, sometimes we only hear what we want to. We have to give time for all the facts to come forth.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    I agree with Kenny and am looking for a streak of lightening to hit me

He's talking to the crowd and trying to stay just on the right side of the fence, maybe with one leg over.

I don't think they can get any significant bills through Congress but there sure is gonna be a lot of noise.

Obama doing an end run around Congress worries me more plus a lot of hand wringing gun people agreeing to closing the imaginary gunshow loophole. What that has to do with stealing his Mothers guns, I have no idea...but it just proves that just because you own a gun, you aren't necessarily my friend.
    Last edited by peter nap; 12-17-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Founder's Club Member
    How about a Fair Use excerpt or quote so the rest of us can figure out what is about before we click on the link?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned
    And he will be the first to recognize the error of his ways and back track ...

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    How about a Fair Use excerpt or quote so the rest of us can figure out what is about before we click on the link?
    Fair Use Quote from the article:

RICHMOND, Va. — Sen. Mark R. Warner, among the few Senate Democrats to hold favor with the National Rifle Association, said Monday that the Connecticut elementary school massacre has reversed his stand on assault weapons.

Warner endorsed President Barack Obama’s support for restricting rapid-fire rifles like those a gunman used in the massacre of 26 people at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

“The status quo is not acceptable anymore,” the centrist former Virginia governor said in interviews Monday at the state Capitol, recalling the horror his three daughters expressed Friday at the second-worst mass shooting in modern U.S. history.

Founder's Club Member
    Senator Warner, like others, is after banning common semi-auto firearms, you're still left with nothing when a person enters a school with a common revolver, bolt action rifle, or even a flintlock pistol. The murderer in Connecticut, like the murderers in Colorado (Columbine & movie theater), the murderer at Ft. Hood, the murderer at Virginia Tech, the murderer at Gabby Giffords meeting, and the murderers in these various other "gun free zones" could have been done in with people using 400 year old pistols if they'd simply been permitted the chance to have them and use them.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    ...but it just proves that just because you own a gun, you aren't necessarily my friend.
    Isn't one of the favorite quotes of the gun grabber's something like: "I'm a proud member of the NRA and own several guns myself, but..."
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nuc65 View Post
    Isn't one of the favorite quotes of the gun grabber's something like: "I'm a proud member of the NRA and own several guns myself, but..."
    Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by nuc65 View Post

Any time any person says Iam pro 2nd I belive people shoulds own guns BUT they are lying and really belive in gun control.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmelvin View Post
    Senator Warner, like others, is after banning common semi-auto firearms, you're still left with nothing when a person enters a school with a common revolver, bolt action rifle, or even a flintlock pistol. The murderer in Connecticut, like the murderers in Colorado (Columbine & movie theater), the murderer at Ft. Hood, the murderer at Virginia Tech, the murderer at Gabby Giffords meeting, and the murderers in these various other "gun free zones" could have been done in with people using 400 year old pistols if they'd simply been permitted the chance to have them and use them.
    +1
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.