• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sen. Warner is among the first to cave....

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I agree with Kenny and am looking for a streak of lightening to hit me:uhoh:

He's talking to the crowd and trying to stay just on the right side of the fence, maybe with one leg over.

I don't think they can get any significant bills through Congress but there sure is gonna be a lot of noise.

Obama doing an end run around Congress worries me more plus a lot of hand wringing gun people agreeing to closing the imaginary gunshow loophole. What that has to do with stealing his Mothers guns, I have no idea...but it just proves that just because you own a gun, you aren't necessarily my friend.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
How about a Fair Use excerpt or quote so the rest of us can figure out what is about before we click on the link?

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
How about a Fair Use excerpt or quote so the rest of us can figure out what is about before we click on the link?

Fair Use Quote from the article:

RICHMOND, Va. — Sen. Mark R. Warner, among the few Senate Democrats to hold favor with the National Rifle Association, said Monday that the Connecticut elementary school massacre has reversed his stand on assault weapons.

Warner endorsed President Barack Obama’s support for restricting rapid-fire rifles like those a gunman used in the massacre of 26 people at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

“The status quo is not acceptable anymore,” the centrist former Virginia governor said in interviews Monday at the state Capitol, recalling the horror his three daughters expressed Friday at the second-worst mass shooting in modern U.S. history.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Senator Warner, like others, is after banning common semi-auto firearms, you're still left with nothing when a person enters a school with a common revolver, bolt action rifle, or even a flintlock pistol. The murderer in Connecticut, like the murderers in Colorado (Columbine & movie theater), the murderer at Ft. Hood, the murderer at Virginia Tech, the murderer at Gabby Giffords meeting, and the murderers in these various other "gun free zones" could have been done in with people using 400 year old pistols if they'd simply been permitted the chance to have them and use them.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Senator Warner, like others, is after banning common semi-auto firearms, you're still left with nothing when a person enters a school with a common revolver, bolt action rifle, or even a flintlock pistol. The murderer in Connecticut, like the murderers in Colorado (Columbine & movie theater), the murderer at Ft. Hood, the murderer at Virginia Tech, the murderer at Gabby Giffords meeting, and the murderers in these various other "gun free zones" could have been done in with people using 400 year old pistols if they'd simply been permitted the chance to have them and use them.
+1