• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti's and pro's just don't get it.

OC for ME

Regarding a citizen's vote this past election, there was a clear choice. The majority chose to vote against individual liberty.

Possessing and carrying does not mean that you are pro-2A, or pro-liberty, it only means that you possess and carry.

The 2A does not equal liberty.

The 2A is a acknowledgement, made ~220 years ago, that individual liberty is tenuous and must be defended at all costs otherwise it shall be forever lost. The 2A provides an avenue for the citizenry to defend against the tyranny of the state and by extension the tyranny of the anti-liberty voter.

lysander6

Regarding a citizen's vote this past election, there was a clear choice. The majority chose to vote against individual liberty.

Possessing and carrying does not mean that you are pro-2A, or pro-liberty, it only means that you possess and carry.

The 2A does not equal liberty.

The 2A is a acknowledgement, made ~220 years ago, that individual liberty is tenuous and must be defended at all costs otherwise it shall be forever lost. The 2A provides an avenue for the citizenry to defend against the tyranny of the state and by extension the tyranny of the anti-liberty voter.

OC for ME,

I normally agree with your well-informed posts but there was no vote available for liberty now or before because the majority rule inevitably leads to the extinguishing of liberty not expansion. Like the concept of limited government, there is no historical precedent for voting expanding individual freedom and liberty because it is a de jure and de facto denial of liberty to a minority otherwise a vote has no value. Unlike free markets, the state is a zero sum game by definition. Its parasite and looter constituencies eventually metastatize into the Free Sh*t Army that hold the majority of the shattered franchise today.

The OP is wrong also, no matter how expansive the "pre-crime" intentions of mental health screening, evil and intent will always find a way to author these tragedies. The shameful political game of always trying to bar the barn doors after the horses have run out has left a vast trail of tears with statist nonsense, regulatory over-reach and a few steps closer to the government supremacist wet dream of Orwell fulfilled.

Deanimator

You can continue blaming Liberals for everything...a nice contribution to the problem.
I blame the COMMERCIAL media. They are creating these monsters by rewarding malignant narcissists who are willing to kill for attention, with more attention than they could imagine in their wildest dreams.

What kind of drooling retard thinks that responding to negative behavior with positive reinforcement EVER diminishes that behavior? Why do you think they tell you not to feed bears?

The COMMERCIAL media are like I.G. Farben. Their GOAL isn't dead bodies, but in the name of profit, they'll gleefully stampede across those corpses to get to the ad and ratings revenues.

OC for ME

OC for ME,

I normally agree with your well-informed posts but there was no vote available for liberty now or before because the majority rule inevitably leads to the extinguishing of liberty not expansion. Like the concept of limited government, there is no historical precedent for voting expanding individual freedom and liberty because it is a de jure and de facto denial of liberty to a minority otherwise a vote has no value. Unlike free markets, the state is a zero sum game by definition. Its parasite and looter constituencies eventually metastatize into the Free Sh*t Army that hold the majority of the shattered franchise today.

The OP is wrong also, no matter how expansive the "pre-crime" intentions of mental health screening, evil and intent will always find a way to author these tragedies. The shameful political game of always trying to bar the barn doors after the horses have run out has left a vast trail of tears with statist nonsense, regulatory over-reach and a few steps closer to the government supremacist wet dream of Orwell fulfilled.
My initial reaction to your contentions is to give them merit. At this point I may continue to give them merit regarding the vote in today's America.

However, I am compelled to return to the Constitution as the example of the flaw that resides in your premise. The 13A is a example of the minority becoming the majority that expanded individual freedom and liberty, technically giving freedom and liberty to a entire demographic of our population that did not "qualify" for freedom and liberty.

Other examples are; the 14A, 15A, 17A, 19A, 21A, 23A, 24A, and the 26A. In each of these cases the majority was initially against the results that were intended for these amendments, except maybe the 26A. The minority worked to become the majority and thus freedoms expanded and individual liberty was strengthened.

You are correct, the "parasite and looter constituencies" appear to be the majority, today, but large majority of the citizenry as a whole do desire a return to greater freedoms and less infringement of our individual liberties. The difficulty resides in the fact that a minority of the large majority votes. The voting majority is actually the minority. Unfortunately polls are not votes and polls do not motivate all of the majority to vote.

WalkingWolf

I blame the COMMERCIAL media. They are creating these monsters by rewarding malignant narcissists who are willing to kill for attention, with more attention than they could imagine in their wildest dreams.

What kind of drooling retard thinks that responding to negative behavior with positive reinforcement EVER diminishes that behavior? Why do you think they tell you not to feed bears?

The COMMERCIAL media are like I.G. Farben. Their GOAL isn't dead bodies, but in the name of profit, they'll gleefully stampede across those corpses to get to the ad and ratings revenues.
+1 Bingo! The media loves this stuff, they wet themselves whenever something really bad happens.

sudden valley gunner

+1 Bingo! The media loves this stuff, they wet themselves whenever something really bad happens.

Makes me remember this song by Don Henley

We got the bubble-headed-bleach-blonde who
Comes on at five
She can tell you 'bout the plane crash with a gleam
In her eye
It's interesting when people die-
Give us dirty laundry