• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Antis Protesting at the NRA Headquarters this Week

hunter45

The group "Newtown Grief Act" will be protesting at the NRA Headquarters in Fairfax every day this week from Noon-1pm.

This is from their website http://newtowngriefact.wordpress.com :

"We demand legislation (Newton Grief Act) that would immediately and categorically ban sale, purchase, and civilian ownership of all automatic, semi-automatic, and assault guns and weapons."

I plan on taking an extended lunch break on Wednesday to stop by and check it out (while OC'ing, of course).

bob888

Wanna meet up this Wednesday? I live near the HQ myself.

I won't be open carrying due to where I'm going afterwards (can't carry onto military installations).

PM me if you want.

ryan7068

I particularly enjoy this statement:

"NRA is also known for its influence in Congress and its role for blocking legislative action against gun violence."

I believe they are confusing gun violence with gun ownership?!

gmuguy

I live and work right by the head quarters and know a few people in the ILA department. I'm free any day this week to meet up if any of you want to swing by the hq.

2a4all

Much has been said about Blumberg's wealth and his anti-gun stance. He could give the NRA some serious competition on a media campaign to promote his agenda.

By way of perspective, if the NRA truly has 4 million members (as they claim), it would take a donation of $250.00 a head to raise a billion dollars.

Now that would be a ******* contest!

Would it be a more effective use of the NRA's resources to develop and promote something like an Armed School Security Officer training course? Graduates would be volunteers (Conservators of the Peace?) serving their localities, at no cost to the taxpayers.

VApatriot

Antis Show Their Hand

I'm sure that I'm not the only one to notice this, but if the antis actually plan to introduce some kind of gun control called "The Newtown Grief Act" that says just about everything about their perspective and mentality. They would act upon the emotion of grief, rather than basing action on logic and reason. Gun control doesn't work. PERIOD. Even if they could get rid of every gun ever made, evil will still exist and threaten the peace and safety of the rest of society. Guns are the best means of keeping evil (from criminals, crazies, and government abuse) at bay.

If people want these tragedies to end, then our society as a whole needs to start looking at what is wrong with or culture that individuals go on these rampages in the first place. In the mean time, we must also end the culture that teaches people to cower in a corner and wait for death to come to them. People must start fighting back! Once again, a mass killing was committed where the killer knew that there would be no one to fight back, and, once again, the situation ended as soon as the perpetrator was confronted with any meaningful resistance.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
If "trouble" is a woman with a credit card and a gun, then yes. :banana:

No.....trouble is an intelligent but determined 2A activist, with a gun and credit card...with perhaps a more bizarre sense of humor than mine (Did I mention attractive too:p)

Riana

No.....trouble is an intelligent but determined 2A activist, with a gun and credit card...with perhaps a more bizarre sense of humor than mine (Did I mention attractive too:p)

*blush* I really have to find out why all you fellas are flattering me so...

davidmcbeth

Banned
Millions fought and died to defend our freedoms ... 20 kids get killed by a mentally ill (?) person and those millions are quickly forgotten by a group of fascists. And some members of the public are eating this crap up.

The best way is to start talking about how the government failed these kids. And not just in not allowing carry.

The school saw a need to prevent such an attack and took half-arsed steps to address it.

I intend on filing a FOIA request for records ... I am guessing that my request (or most of it) will be denied due to an impending investigation. I will point out to the legislators that they are deciding decisions based on secret information in which tidbits of information are being spoon fed to them - just like in congress before the 1st gulf war.

And really, if one was going to plan such an attack, an AR is not the weapon of choice ... a double barrel shotgun would be ... easily reloaded and with buck shot or slugs, a much more effective close quarters instrument. Shotguns generally don't jam and it requires little skill in operating and aiming. And a shotgun is a much better breaching weapon than an AR as well. Reloading a double barrel takes about 2 seconds...reloading a magazine takes much longer.