• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Antis Protesting at the NRA Headquarters this Week

wootizzle

Millions fought and died to defend our freedoms ... 20 kids get killed by a mentally ill (?) person and those millions are quickly forgotten by a group of fascists. .

This logic essentially turned someone at my job yesterday on the matter. I more-a-less only focused on our most recent conflicts, but I said essentially;

"The Government has waged two wars in the past ten years, and has urged us it was necessary to protect our freedoms.. Yet, it's the government itself that has limited those exact same freedoms thousands of soldiers have died for, or been wounded trying to protect."

Last edited:

Riana

Unless you're going to be there tomorrow at 12 noon so that I can see you, could you possibly describe yourself to us? :lol:
Well, I didn't make it over there today - perhaps tomorrow or Friday I will do it.

I'm a short, blonde woman with a big, stainless 1911 on her left hip. That should help you ID me in a crowd. ;)

If I can get off, I'll bring my big black "evil" gun. ;)

I wish I had a thigh rig for my GSG-5PK pistol. It's only a .22, but I bought it primarily for its "evil" and "black" qualities.

Riana

No.....trouble is an intelligent but determined 2A activist, with a gun and credit card...with perhaps a more bizarre sense of humor than mine (Did I mention attractive too:p)

Have we met, Peter? If not, are you going to be a Lobby Day? I want to shake your hand. :cool:

2a4all

Well, I didn't make it over there today - perhaps tomorrow or Friday I will do it.

I'm a short, blonde woman with a big, stainless 1911 on her left hip. That should help you ID me in a crowd. ;)

I wish I had a thigh rig for my GSG-5PK pistol. It's only a .22, but I bought it primarily for its "evil" and "black" qualities.
You should have been included in the "Left Handed Shooters" photo that Peter took at the VCDL picnic in Newport News in September.:D

USNA69

The group "Newtown Grief Act" will be protesting at the NRA Headquarters in Fairfax every day this week from Noon-1pm.

This is from their website http://newtowngriefact.wordpress.com :

"We demand legislation (Newton Grief Act) that would immediately and categorically ban sale, purchase, and civilian ownership of all automatic, semi-automatic, and assault guns and weapons."

I plan on taking an extended lunch break on Wednesday to stop by and check it out (while OC'ing, of course).

A government which can decide what type of gun you may not own is dangerously close to a government which can decide that you may not own any gun.

Riana

I hesitate to call it a "group protest" - it was two older gentlemen with signs about saving babies, lack of morals, and killing assault weapons.

I took the high road - bit my tongue, did my shopping, and drove away. It wasn't easy, though.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I hesitate to call it a "group protest" - it was two older gentlemen with signs about saving babies, lack of morals, and killing assault weapons.

I took the high road - bit my tongue, did my shopping, and drove away. It wasn't easy, though.

Kinda like Lori Haas and the three stooges.:lol:

PaulX608

I drove by there at about 1240 today. My wife works at a dental office near Waples Mill and Pender, and I was joining her for lunch as I usually do on Thursdays. I just wanted to see the 'protest'. I will say this, they were well supplied. They both had signs!:lol:

Armed

Huff and puff...

The group "Newtown Grief Act" will be protesting at the NRA Headquarters in Fairfax every day this week from Noon-1pm.

This is from their website http://newtowngriefact.wordpress.com :

"We demand legislation (Newton Grief Act) that would immediately and categorically ban sale, purchase, and civilian ownership of all automatic, semi-automatic, and assault guns and weapons."

I plan on taking an extended lunch break on Wednesday to stop by and check it out (while OC'ing, of course).

If these "brave" souls really want to protest gun violence, I'd love to see them show up in the front yard of their local gang-banger and tell ol' Tupac what they think of his drugs and guns. But they'll never do that. Do you know why? They're actually scared to death of these dirt-bags and know they'll likely get shot or get the snot beat out of them. Why do they protest against legal gun owners? Because they feel safe. Despite the bile they spit at us, deep down they know we're mentally balanced, and reasonable people. They know we won't just shoot their dumb ass for expressing their 1st Amendment rights.