Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Wish Me Luck

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    348

    Wish Me Luck

    Well guys and Gals tomorrow is the day I go t court for the Second Ammendemt Foundation CCW Lawsuit has filed against New Mexico. I'll try and post after I get out of court
    A gun Owner Is A Citizen
    Anyone Else is a Subject

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    1,877
    "Good luck on moving to Australia" card (see attachment)

    "I painted a card for my lovely friend to wish her luck on moving to Australia. The snake and kangaroo both speak with Aussie accents, obviously." -- Alice Darkling (Saturday, 1 October 2011).


    ...well, it's as close as I could get given such short notice...

    Good luck!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Good Luck - Alice Darkling.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	9696  
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 12-17-2012 at 10:04 PM.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    63
    Good luck!

    Are we going to see you at the annual meet this year?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by TravisNM View Post
    Good luck!

    Are we going to see you at the annual meet this year?
    Yes mate i will be there and I hope to have a lot of good news
    A gun Owner Is A Citizen
    Anyone Else is a Subject

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    454
    Good luck RA! I'll be hoping for the best. Please do let us know how things went.

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    1,877
    RA,

    What? You didn't like "my" card?

    :-(

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudcroft View Post
    RA,

    What? You didn't like "my" card?

    :-(
    OOPS Sorry Mate I thought I had replied to your posting Yes I loved it

    OK here is what happened today sat in the court for about 2 hours and listened to some interesting arguments from both lawyers. But the Judge has asked for more info so will not know anything until after the 4th of next month
    A gun Owner Is A Citizen
    Anyone Else is a Subject

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rio Rancho, New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueAussie View Post
    OOPS Sorry Mate I thought I had replied to your posting Yes I loved it

    OK here is what happened today sat in the court for about 2 hours and listened to some interesting arguments from both lawyers. But the Judge has asked for more info so will not know anything until after the 4th of next month
    We chatted about the case a bit at the meet. Sorry we didn't see you there last night. Good luck next month!

    -Damien

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    We chatted about the case a bit at the meet. Sorry we didn't see you there last night. Good luck next month!

    -Damien
    Thanks Mate
    A gun Owner Is A Citizen
    Anyone Else is a Subject

  10. #10
    Regular Member JamesB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lakewood, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueAussie View Post
    OOPS Sorry Mate I thought I had replied to your posting Yes I loved it

    OK here is what happened today sat in the court for about 2 hours and listened to some interesting arguments from both lawyers. But the Judge has asked for more info so will not know anything until after the 4th of next month
    It's after the 4th. Got an update?

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    348
    No nothing yet i'll wait for about a week before i contact the lawyer
    A gun Owner Is A Citizen
    Anyone Else is a Subject

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    348

    Angry

    OK here is the link to all of the paerwork that has been filed in this case. The last two are the latest to me on the last paperwork filed by the stateit still sounds to me that they still saying that we IE legal immigrants are unsafe to carry concealed


    http://ia701202.us.archive.org/30/it...40.docket.html
    A gun Owner Is A Citizen
    Anyone Else is a Subject

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    ABQ New Mexico
    Posts
    118
    Yep looks like you get to open carry and thier logic is your rights are not infringed due to the fact you can open carry and conceal if your at home and on your property and car. Also by open carrying you can still protect your family. Really the concealed carry has it limitations as well, theres still plenty of places you cant carry at all.Cant carry in the movies and any place that serves hard liqour or is posted. This is what I was trying to get across before. You already completed the hard part of becoming a citizen just finish the job and reap the benefits. I have a CC and not impressed with the fact I can use it and might not renew it because theres only so many instances I need to use cc. Plus OC is free and doesnt need a license. It cost me near 400 bucks after all was said and done to get a cc. Thats alot of anything you need to take care of your family. We have more rights than people in other parts of the nation and world. I came from chicago to me this is heaven.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by awnuts View Post
    I have a CC and not impressed with the fact I can use it and might not renew it because theres only so many instances I need to use cc. Plus OC is free and doesnt need a license. It cost me near 400 bucks after all was said and done to get a cc. Thats alot of anything you need to take care of your family. We have more rights than people in other parts of the nation and world. I came from chicago to me this is heaven.
    Can we be positive here and offer better support? As usual you come in here and post something poorly written, poorly expressed and negative.

    You're downplaying what the man is working hard to accomplish. The cost isn't the important thing to him, obviously.

    You're "not impressed with the fact I can use it"? Translation, please?

    "Thats alot of anything you need to take care of your family." What the heck does this even mean? What's your family's safety worth? Not even "400 bucks?" Just because you feel you have lots of freedoms coming from Chicago, doesn't mean everyone feels the same way. And we're in danger of losing them every day now as I know you're aware.

    If this continues to be the quality of your contribution, stay over on facebook and spare us your "wisdom." I predict you will again accuse me of being insulting rather than address the questions.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    ABQ New Mexico
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by AH.74 View Post
    Can we be positive here and offer better support? As usual you come in here and post something poorly written, poorly expressed and negative.

    You're downplaying what the man is working hard to accomplish. The cost isn't the important thing to him, obviously.

    You're "not impressed with the fact I can use it"? Translation, please?

    "Thats alot of anything you need to take care of your family." What the heck does this even mean? What's your family's safety worth? Not even "400 bucks?" Just because you feel you have lots of freedoms coming from Chicago, doesn't mean everyone feels the same way. And we're in danger of losing them every day now as I know you're aware.

    If this continues to be the quality of your contribution, stay over on facebook and spare us your "wisdom." I predict you will again accuse me of being insulting rather than address the questions.
    Not impressed with the so called extra privlege of CC. Its uses are limited and costly.Kinda like a luxury more than a right as in OC. Again the fact is if you havent experienced not having something then you tend to appreciate what you got.Unless your a moron and dont know better.As for my contribution its entitled as much as yours. Also if you want to be as exact as you like,Whats a CC issue doing in an OC forum? The beef he has isnt OC. And you have the option to block my posts here as there. Or not even read I'm not upset over your doing either. Bottom line his RIGHT to open carry isnt being restricted. Which is more than some have including natural born in some states that dont have OC. Another point is people have worked hard to earn the right of being called an american. Sorry I dont see suing a state for something that others have EARNED to do as a citizen. You want the rights and priveleges of being an american then commit to being so and EARN your rights. Oh wait you say, you were born here. Yep and proud of it and will fight for my GIVEN rights passed down to me that were earned by the work and sweat of our forefathers.
    Last edited by awnuts; 02-08-2013 at 06:25 PM.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by awnuts View Post
    Not impressed with the so called extra privlege of CC. Its uses are limited and costly.Kinda like a luxury more than a right as in OC. Again the fact is if you havent experienced not having something then you tend to appreciate what you got.Unless your a moron and dont know better.As for my contribution its entitled as much as yours. Also if you want to be as exact as you like,Whats a CC issue doing in an OC forum? The beef he has isnt OC. And you have the option to block my posts here as there. Or not even read I'm not upset over your doing either. Bottom line his RIGHT to open carry isnt being restricted. Which is more than some have including natural born in some states that dont have OC.
    The bottom, bottom line is- this is his thread. We talk often about all kinds of carry issues here, not just OC. He chose to let us know about his issue and keep us up to date on it, and I appreciate it. I would hope you'd have the good sense to leave your comments about the lack of your particular need out of it. He feels his need is enough to have a case, and I applaud him for it.

    The Second Amendment Foundation took his case, and they have a rather decent track record. That means they think there's a good chance of being successful. The judge asked for more information at the last hearing. That's a federal judge, who hasn't thrown the case out- that means there are things she wants to look at, which also means there's something to it.

    No one's forcing you to keep your license. If you don't think it's necessary by all means let it expire. Many of us disagree that it's not useful. Many do not prefer to open carry. If you do, great.

    Whether this is about OC or CC isn't yours to make an issue out of. You've already run Travis off facebook by nit-picking something just like this and did say you were bothered by it. Don't come over here and start doing the same thing.

    Another point is people have worked hard to earn the right of being called an american. Sorry I dont see suing a state for something that others have EARNED to do as a citizen. You want the rights and priveleges of being an american then commit to being so and EARN your rights. Oh wait you say, you were born here. Yep and proud of it and will fight for my GIVEN rights passed down to me that were earned by the work and sweat of our forefathers.
    You edited your post to add even more criticism. What is your problem? If you don't agree, fine- but don't come into his thread and crap all over him and his intentions. You have no cause to do that.
    Last edited by AH.74; 02-08-2013 at 06:33 PM.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    ABQ New Mexico
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by AH.74 View Post
    The bottom, bottom line is- this is his thread. We talk often about all kinds of carry issues here, not just OC. He chose to let us know about his issue and keep us up to date on it, and I appreciate it. I would hope you'd have the good sense to leave your comments about the lack of your particular need out of it. He feels his need is enough to have a case, and I applaud him for it.

    The Second Amendment Foundation took his case, and they have a rather decent track record. That means they think there's a good chance of being successful. The judge asked for more information at the last hearing. That's a federal judge, who hasn't thrown the case out- that means there are things she wants to look at, which also means there's something to it.

    No one's forcing you to keep your license. If you don't think it's necessary by all means let it expire. Many of us disagree that it's not useful. Many do not prefer to open carry. If you do, great.

    Whether this is about OC or CC isn't yours to make an issue out of. You've already run Travis off facebook by nit-picking something just like this and did say you were bothered by it. Don't come over here and start doing the same thing.



    You edited your post to add even more criticism. What is your problem? If you don't agree, fine- but don't come into his thread and crap all over him and his intentions. You have no cause to do that.
    LOL I ran Travis off? How little do you know. Matter of fact I had coffee with him last night and was at his house the night before helping him on a project.There is no issue with me and Travis. There is one with your imagination. You might of not noticed but he turned the place over to me and Carlos I walked away also. You do need to get your facts straight or your sources checked.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by awnuts View Post
    LOL I ran Travis off? How little do you know. Matter of fact I had coffee with him last night and was at his house the night before helping him on a project.There is no issue with me and Travis. There is one with your imagination. You might of not noticed but he turned the place over to me and Carlos I walked away also. You do need to get your facts straight or your sources checked.
    Cut the crap, Roger, and stop trolling. No comments on what I said about the topic of the thread again (the case), and no comments on your treatment of the OP's intentions (crapping on his non-citizen status, his own personal business) = TROLLING.

    It was all there for everyone to read. Don't try to re-write history.

    I'm glad you two kissed and made up. Terrific.

    You didn't walk away at all- you just posted there a few hours ago. Who's not being straight about the facts?

    Now stop polluting this forum again with your bad posts. We're trying to talk seriously about serious issues. If you can't do that, leave us alone.
    Last edited by AH.74; 02-09-2013 at 09:02 AM.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    ABQ New Mexico
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by AH.74 View Post
    Cut the crap, Roger, and stop trolling. No comments on what I said about the topic of the thread again (the case), and no comments on your treatment of the OP's intentions (crapping on his non-citizen status, his own personal business) = TROLLING.

    It was all there for everyone to read. Don't try to re-write history.

    I'm glad you two kissed and made up. Terrific.

    You didn't walk away at all- you just posted there a few hours ago. Who's not being straight about the facts?

    Now stop polluting this forum again with your bad posts. We're trying to talk seriously about serious issues. If you can't do that, leave us alone.
    I posted to your last post on topic no trolling and yes I did walk away from the moderator task and left it to carlos. If you had read my previous post there you would of seen I stated just that to everyone. And if its his own personal and I emphasize personal than why is it posted in a public forum? How the hell would I/we know unless it was public? If anyones pulling troll its you.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by awnuts View Post
    I posted to your last post on topic no trolling and yes I did walk away from the moderator task and left it to carlos. If you had read my previous post there you would of seen I stated just that to everyone. And if its his own personal and I emphasize personal than why is it posted in a public forum? How the hell would I/we know unless it was public? If anyones pulling troll its you.
    You write so very poorly that I simply can't understand what in the heck you're trying to say.

    The posts were on the facebook forum for all to see- Travis calling you childish for your reactions to his rules, and you posting a boo-hoo about his not wanting to be friends with you any more. I did not hallucinate those posts.

    I'm not going to waste any more time with you, as it is clearly only your intent to come into this forum with negativity and lack of respect for what people are trying to accomplish.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    348
    OK screw this I have posted about this bec ause I WANT to protect my family but people just seem to think that I do not have any rights so I am going to ask john to lock this thread
    A gun Owner Is A Citizen
    Anyone Else is a Subject

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueAussie View Post
    OK screw this I have posted about this bec ause I WANT to protect my family but people just seem to think that I do not have any rights so I am going to ask john to lock this thread
    Are you happy now, Roger? This is exactly what I thought would happen. Great job, thanks for helping.

    RA- don't let him get to you, he's not worth it. Keep up with the good fight, and know that some of us are in your corner.

    Oh- and please do continue to keep us up to date.
    Last edited by AH.74; 02-09-2013 at 05:59 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •