• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cant be said any plainer...

Richieg150

After the recent shooting in Conneticut, and the barrage of those calling for more gun laws, gun bands, magazine capacities, ect..... This says it about as good as I have come across.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I called my fed and state reps ... told them that what I saw was lots of cops with the guns and mags that they want to ban from me and asked them what the 2nd amendment was for.

They all agreed that it is for me to protect myself from gov't oppression. I then asked them how I could do this if they have weapons vastly superior to mine...all the aids agreed with my viewpoint (not that their commie bosses would).

So I am prepared to use the incident to example the firepower the cops have and that we should be able to have the same guns...

HP995

Amen! (To both posts.)

Right now is NOT a time for gun owners to be embarrassed. We are in the right, we have the high moral ground actually.

Great conversation with the staffers! Kudos on that.

greymetal

I agree with everyone on this. But I'm honestly not worried about it. I don't think anything's gonna happen. At least not on a federal level to where it would affect us MO folk.

Also, hey folks. New member here.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I agree with everyone on this. But I'm honestly not worried about it. I don't think anything's gonna happen. At least not on a federal level to where it would affect us MO folk.

Also, hey folks. New member here.

You must have missed the presidents speech yesterday where he defined he was going to have Joe Biden working on a federal plan that would affect the whole country and territories.

HP995

I mean this nicely:

Everybody better wake the hell up! If you think this won't affect you, I'd say the odds are against you 20 to 1.

If you didn't notice, a big campaign kicked off, that the ant-gun orgs, Dem leaders, and media had been preparing for and hoping for the chance to do this, for many years.

The NRA kept them afraid all this time before, but finally the election made them lose their fear. (And now the NRA is acting scared, they don't have a winning message right now.)

So they were waiting for something to happen and it was an ideal event for them, sooner and bigger than expected. They are no longer afraid, they are on the attack, and this is HUGE. They are out for your extinction and they won't stop until the second amendment is gone, unless we stand firm. They hate you, plain and simple. If you have any means of self defense they don't like it. It'll start with certain types of weapons but it won't end there.

With the second amendment acting as a guarantee to your other rights, all your rights are in danger eventually.

What we need to do is not play along with the national conversations that the media is setting up. (What do we do about this problem? What do we do about guns?) If you play their game by their rules, you lose. If you play just defense you lose.

Instead, we need to assert our own talking points...guns save lives, no gun zones are target zones, guns help the weak and defenseless, talk up the constitution, and project guns in an extremely positive way. Apple pie, flags, family, pretty girls, patriots, those who serve, what it means to be an American.

Seeing really nice helpful people who OC would also be good to change hearts and minds.

Right2BearFTW

I mean this nicely:

Everybody better wake the hell up! If you think this won't affect you, I'd say the odds are against you 20 to 1.

If you didn't notice, a big campaign kicked off, that the ant-gun orgs, Dem leaders, and media had been preparing for and hoping for the chance to do this, for many years.

The NRA kept them afraid all this time before, but finally the election made them lose their fear. (And now the NRA is acting scared, they don't have a winning message right now.)

So they were waiting for something to happen and it was an ideal event for them, sooner and bigger than expected. They are no longer afraid, they are on the attack, and this is HUGE. They are out for your extinction and they won't stop until the second amendment is gone, unless we stand firm. They hate you, plain and simple. If you have any means of self defense they don't like it. It'll start with certain types of weapons but it won't end there.

With the second amendment acting as a guarantee to your other rights, all your rights are in danger eventually.

What we need to do is not play along with the national conversations that the media is setting up. (What do we do about this problem? What do we do about guns?) If you play their game by their rules, you lose. If you play just defense you lose.

Instead, we need to assert our own talking points...guns save lives, no gun zones are target zones, guns help the weak and defenseless, talk up the constitution, and project guns in an extremely positive way. Apple pie, flags, family, pretty girls, patriots, those who serve, what it means to be an American.

Seeing really nice helpful people who OC would also be good to change hearts and minds.

Any word on what Federal legislation is doing about all this?

ArmyVet73

I mean this nicely:

You said it just about plain as day. We really don't need to be passive on this. We need to paste it all over social media and tell our state reps how we feel about how thing are going. Write, email, snail mail, call, whatever we need to do but don't just sit back and be sheep about it because it's coming to a head for those who love this country and their liberty to stand up against oppression using the Constitution and our right to bear arms to defend it.