Thread: cloudflare help -- still getting website offline...bummer

Banned

cloudflare help -- still getting website offline...bummer

CloudFlare support

Home
    CloudFlare Forums
    Submit a request
    Check your existing requests

CloudFlare Forums/Frequent Questions and Recent Updates/Top Frequently Asked Questions
    My website is offline or unavailable?

Damon
    posted this on Sep 20 03:09 pm

inShare4

If CloudFlare can not connect to your server, a "Website Currently Unavailable, no cached version" message will appear. This error message occurs in two circumstances:

Your server or hosting provider is having issues
    Your server or hosting provider is not having issues, but either your hosting provider or server is limiting or blocking connections from CloudFlare IPs

When you see the "Website Currently Unavailable" message, the first step is to check to see if your origin server is having issues. To do so, there are two tests that you can run.

Test 1) Try accessing the following subdomain for your website (i.e yourdomain.com):
    direct.yourdomain.com

If you can't get to the site going direct, then the issue is likely with your server or hosting provider. In this case, contact your hosting provider to find out why your origin server is offline.

Note: CloudFlare adds the 'direct' subdomain when you sign up for the service. It bypasses CloudFlare's network. Some users choose to edit the name of the subdomain, so if you've changed the name, then you should replace 'direct' with the revised subdomain name.

Test 2) Run the following curl command in Terminal or Putty:

curl -v -H 'Host: yourdomain.com' server IP address

So, as an example:

curl -v -H 'Host: yourdomain.com' 111.111.111.11

Tip: You can get your server IP address from your CloudFlare DNS Settings page for the domain.

If the curl returns an error message like "can't connect to host" or "500 internal server error", then the issue is with your server or hosting provider. Please contact your hosting provider for assistance.

If the curl returns HTML in the response, then the issue is that your server or hosting provider has rules in place limiting connections from CloudFlare IPs.

Proceed to the next section for Troubleshooting Help.

Tips to ensure CloudFlare's IPs are accepted by your server
    If your server origin is online, then:

Make sure that you're not blocking CloudFlare IPs in .htaccess, iptables , or your firewall.
    Make sure your hosting provider isn't rate limiting or blocking IP requests from the CloudFlare IPs and ask them to whitelist the IP addresses below:

IPv4

204.93.240.0/24
    204.93.177.0/24
    199.27.128.0/21
    173.245.48.0/20
    103.22.200.0/22
    141.101.64.0/18
    108.162.192.0/18
    190.93.240.0/20
    188.114.96.0/20
    198.41.128.0/17

IPv6

2400:cb00::/32
    2606:4700::/32
    2803:f800::/32

3) Make sure that you're operating off of the most recent versions of Bad Behavior or mod_security. mod_security's core rules aren't blocking CloudFlare requests.
    33 people found this useful. - Me too!

I too receive this little gem from time to time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture1.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	2.5 KB 
ID:	9697
    Just as 7.5% unemployment is the new "low unemployment", is the above the new norm for site performance?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Methinks Cloudflare is causing site slowdowns and errors. Not just this site either, there are problems on Budsgunshop.com too
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Wink Give us five minutes and we'll supercharge your website.

.....cloud-based services to help secure and accelerate websites.

http://www.cloudflare.com/
    Oops.....
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    I too receive this little gem from time to time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture1.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	2.5 KB 
ID:	9697
    Just as 7.5% unemployment is the new "low unemployment", is the above the new norm for site performance?
    I think that pointy haired guy behind the clouds is giving me the finger !

Its becoming too annoying ... I'll check back here in a week or two and see if it gets fixed but for right now I am having too many issues ...

So its a temporary adios from me ... see ya after Christmas.

Have a good Christmas everybody ! And don't shoot Santa !