Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 82

Thread: Willardians should be happy now ! Predict win for Romney ...

  1. #1
    Regular Member davidmcbeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    13,043

    Willardians should be happy now ! Predict win for Romney ...

    http://www.humanevents.com/2012/08/2...ig-romney-win/


    I predict my candidate will not win , I don't need a fancy computer for dat !

  2. #2
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,202
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    http://www.humanevents.com/2012/08/2...ig-romney-win/


    I predict my candidate will not win , I don't need a fancy computer for dat !
    Actually the electoral college appears to be leaning towards your candidate winning...
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus
    "Well.... If you take my hat. Decide to wear my hat. Its in your possession ."

    "I call popo say "he has my hat i left it at his house". They go talk to you. You say its yours. Sounds like a civil court matter."

    "Now I instead say he robbed me... Well popo done go and cuff you up I keep hat or it goes to evidence...you go to court I testify you done did rob me. You now have to prove you didn't...."

  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    16,850
    That unnecessary clause near the end about Obama making unemployment a permanent part of the landscape gives away the bias.

    I predict big government will win the election and the American people will lose. (borrowed from another forum member) Every election in the last 40 years has yielded this result.
    Last edited by Citizen; 10-13-2012 at 03:39 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. (Because that is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--for each other and everybody else--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.)

    Equality and consent of the governed: We're all equal. How can another legitimately govern me without my express consent?

  4. #4
    Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    1,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I predict big government will win the election and the American people will lose. (borrowed from another forum member)
    Yup! I was just thinking about what an inspired thought you had then I saw you borrowed it

    Still true.
    We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force. -Ayn Rand

  5. #5
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,330
    Both are throwing punches this evening.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  6. #6
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,666
    I wanted to know who planted the girl asking what the president will do about unequal pay.

    Romney is still more effective. Obama is being more aggressive, but it's with material everyone has heard before.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  7. #7
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,010

    Hmmm,,,,,

    I could swear,, a lady wearing glasses asked a question,, dont remember what,,, cause I was thinking
    She looks like this actress I saw on Hawaii 5 O last night...








    Her name is christine lahti
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  8. #8
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    16,850

    Romney Gave the Best Reason Yet!

    Tonight, Romney gave the best reason yet not to vote for him. He said we cannot afford four more years like the last four.

    I agree!

    I won't be voting for either of them. (ptooie)
    Last edited by Citizen; 10-16-2012 at 10:15 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. (Because that is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--for each other and everybody else--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.)

    Equality and consent of the governed: We're all equal. How can another legitimately govern me without my express consent?

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,093
    I don't think anyone was planted. However, it was clear that most of the questioners were not all that undecided. I'd estimate that about 80-90% if the questioners were clearly supporters of the Democrat agenda. No surprise as Crowley selected the questioners and their questions. She also clearly favored Obama. Go back and look at the tape. She cut off both candidates, but almost exclusively cut off Obama on what was clearly his conclusory sentence while repeatedly cutting of Romney just as he was landing a haymaker.

    It wasn't a town-hall. It was a moderated debate in town-hall clothing.

    BTW, IMO no one won the debate. I would say that Romney lost it less. But Obama needed the win. The polls should remain steady with a slight Romney lead.

  10. #10
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    16,850
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    SNIP IMO no one won the debate. I would say that Romney lost it less. But Obama needed the win. The polls should remain steady with a slight Romney lead.
    The MegaState won. The ruling class and plutocrats won.

    And, the American people lost.



    In any event, who in their right mind would believe anything either of those two said. Meaning, not only are the debates meaningless because they debate nothing substantive, even if one of them did lay out an exact policy plan and fully described how it would, for example, prevent inflation in the face of QEternity by the Federal Reserve, why on earth would anyone believe them?
    Last edited by Citizen; 10-16-2012 at 10:23 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. (Because that is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--for each other and everybody else--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.)

    Equality and consent of the governed: We're all equal. How can another legitimately govern me without my express consent?

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    484
    Romney can't actually win a debate when most of what he says is proven to be a lie..and the rest is just filler that can't be a fact or a lie. I'm not technically an Obama supporter...I'm just 100% completely against Romney. There's no good reason to vote for him..because either he is going to do the same stupid stuff that Bush did which didn't work, or he will get elected then flip flop his position on every issue like he already has. So basically if you vote for Romney you will either get a failure of a President...or a loose cannon that at any moment could completely change his views on every issue.....definitely not someone anyone with sense would vote for.

    -
    -Moderator note--
    A difference of opinion does not warrant personal insult.
    In above, see: "not someone anyone with sense".
    Such is a violation of Forum Rules.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 11-02-2012 at 09:29 AM. Reason: added Moderator note

  12. #12
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    16,850
    Quote Originally Posted by ADobbs1989 View Post
    Romney can't actually win a debate when most of what he says is proven to be a lie..and the rest is just filler that can't be a fact or a lie. I'm not technically an Obama supporter...I'm just 100% completely against Romney. There's no good reason to vote for him..because either he is going to do the same stupid stuff that Bush did which didn't work, or he will get elected then flip flop his position on every issue like he already has. So basically if you vote for Romney you will either get a failure of a President...or a loose cannon that at any moment could completely change his views on every issue.....definitely not someone anyone with sense would vote for.
    Before I go to sleep, I check under the bed for Romney.












    I check the closet for Obama.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. (Because that is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--for each other and everybody else--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.)

    Equality and consent of the governed: We're all equal. How can another legitimately govern me without my express consent?

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Before I go to sleep, I check under the bed for Romney.












    I check the closet for Obama.
    I have always been under the impression that the one under your bed is the one you really have to worry about...so I'll just agree with you and not worry about what your impressions were.

  14. #14
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    8,503
    It's the economy, nothing more and nothing less. January 1st is rapidly approaching.
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.

    Politicians are the tyrants 3000 miles away; thug cops are 3000 tyrants 1 mile away. (Adapted from Benjamin Martin, fictional character extraordinaire)

  15. #15
    Regular Member Jack House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bastrop, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Before I go to sleep, I check under the bed for Romney.












    I check the closet for Obama.
    I check my pockets. Obama's definitely in there. Mitt Romney is trying to claw his way in, but Obama is fighting hard to keep him out.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,874
    LOL! Too bad it's true...

  17. #17
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    16,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    I check my pockets. Obama's definitely in there. Mitt Romney is trying to claw his way in, but Obama is fighting hard to keep him out.
    Oh, that was good. Very good.


    I think I will start checking my pockets for Bernanke.
    Last edited by Citizen; 10-17-2012 at 04:43 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. (Because that is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--for each other and everybody else--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.)

    Equality and consent of the governed: We're all equal. How can another legitimately govern me without my express consent?

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,093
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    It's the economy, nothing more and nothing less. January 1st is rapidly approaching.
    Even if we fire the failure of a president we have now, a triple-witching hour occurring on New Year's Day could push us over the fiscal cliff, even before the replacement can take office three weeks later.

  19. #19
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    I check my pockets. Obama's definitely in there. Mitt Romney is trying to claw his way in, but Obama is fighting hard to keep him out.
    Are you part of the top 1%? Or even the top 25%? Do you know who pays most taxes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus
    "Well.... If you take my hat. Decide to wear my hat. Its in your possession ."

    "I call popo say "he has my hat i left it at his house". They go talk to you. You say its yours. Sounds like a civil court matter."

    "Now I instead say he robbed me... Well popo done go and cuff you up I keep hat or it goes to evidence...you go to court I testify you done did rob me. You now have to prove you didn't...."

  20. #20
    Regular Member mobiushky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Alaska (ex-Colorado)
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Even if we fire the failure of a president we have now, a triple-witching hour occurring on New Year's Day could push us over the fiscal cliff, even before the replacement can take office three weeks later.
    Well, to be fair, a retro-active to Jan 1 bill could effectively delay that. IE, if parties get together after the election and say we will do this and we will make it retro active to Jan 1, don't panic. That might work. Might.

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,093
    Quote Originally Posted by mobiushky View Post
    Well, to be fair, a retro-active to Jan 1 bill could effectively delay that. IE, if parties get together after the election and say we will do this and we will make it retro active to Jan 1, don't panic. That might work. Might.
    After the election, if the Dems have lost the White House (and especially if they have also lost the Senate), expect petulance and the Dems blocking everything that is not perfectly to their liking. That means we will go over the cliff, the only question being how high the cliff is. If the cliff is high enough, disaster will have struck before a new Congress and president could do a thing about it.

  22. #22
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    16,850
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Are you part of the top 1%? Or even the top 25%? Do you know who pays most taxes?

    Unless the federal debt is repudiated, who do you think is going to pay for it, either by taxes or dollar depreciation from the price inflation that follows printing money out of thin air?


    Also, keep in mind that price inflation hits the poorest the hardest. They are last to receive the newly created money; thus price inflation is already a factor by the time the newly created money trickles down to them.

    So, unless the debt is repudiated, somebody is going to pay. It will either be taxes, which can include business taxes that get added to the price the consumer pays for goods. Or, it will be price inflation taking away purchasing power.


    This all assumes the system of government debt and money creation doesn't come crashing down. In that case, we all are going to pay--pay heavily indeed.
    Last edited by Citizen; 10-17-2012 at 04:58 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. (Because that is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--for each other and everybody else--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.)

    Equality and consent of the governed: We're all equal. How can another legitimately govern me without my express consent?

  23. #23
    Regular Member davidmcbeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    13,043
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Are you part of the top 1%? Or even the top 25%? Do you know who pays most taxes?
    Heck, only 1/2 the country pays income tax ... I'm in the top 10% .. and I ain't rich
    Do not take any postings to be the opinion of the poster .. poster may be posting opinions of others and not necessarily himself ... carry on

    "Filing a notice of trespass with your local, county, state authorities , to keep all town employees off your land, would cut down on the government from interfering or harassing you, at least put you in a little bit stronger legal position" .. chk you local laws (disclaimer)
    [/I]

  24. #24
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,202
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Heck, only 1/2 the country pays income tax ... I'm in the top 10% .. and I ain't rich
    Exactly, unless a person is in that upper level the politicians are not into their pockets. They are into the pockets of those paying most of the taxes. Fairly the people paying the taxes are into the consumer pockets by passing down their costs of doing business with interest. It is called profit percentage. So if the business owner have their operating expenses raised by 10% they will make a profit on their outlay. That 10% will be closer to 16% by the time it reaches the consumer.

    The people on the bottom of the scale are such numpties. They think they are getting a handout, but paying for it in higher prices, or less jobs, and less pay and benefits. The rich should pay their fair share, but so should everybody else. When the fed makes money out of thin air everybody loses, except the politicians.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus
    "Well.... If you take my hat. Decide to wear my hat. Its in your possession ."

    "I call popo say "he has my hat i left it at his house". They go talk to you. You say its yours. Sounds like a civil court matter."

    "Now I instead say he robbed me... Well popo done go and cuff you up I keep hat or it goes to evidence...you go to court I testify you done did rob me. You now have to prove you didn't...."

  25. #25
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    16,850
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Exactly, unless a person is in that upper level the politicians are not into their pockets. They are into the pockets of those paying most of the taxes. Fairly the people paying the taxes are into the consumer pockets by passing down their costs of doing business with interest. It is called profit percentage. So if the business owner have their operating expenses raised by 10% they will make a profit on their outlay. That 10% will be closer to 16% by the time it reaches the consumer.

    The people on the bottom of the scale are such numpties. They think they are getting a handout, but paying for it in higher prices, or less jobs, and less pay and benefits. The rich should pay their fair share, but so should everybody else. When the fed makes money out of thin air everybody loses, except the politicians.
    Oh, yes they are. You didn't read my post just above.

    Also, just because they are not directly taxed doesn't mean they aren't indirectly taxed:

    • price inflation; when caused by government/banking system is properly considered a stealth tax.
    • excise taxes on consumer goods
    • federal taxes on fuel
    • do we have the carbon tax yet to add to electricity?
    • tax on electricity--universal connectivity charge or whatever was supposed to electrify rural areas
    • corporate taxes that get passed on in the form of higher prices
    • federal tax on their alcohol
    • federal religious tax--their spirits are taxed by ATF no?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. (Because that is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--for each other and everybody else--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.)

    Equality and consent of the governed: We're all equal. How can another legitimately govern me without my express consent?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •