Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dick's Sporting Goods pulls semi automatic rifles

Dick's Sporting Goods pulls semi automatic rifles

Dick's have, for the time being, pulled all AR-15 and other undisclosed rifles from the shelves of all their stores. They also pulled all firearms from their stores near Newtown.

http://fox17online.com/2012/12/18/di...omatic-rifles/

Guess I won't be shopping at Dick's ever. Which kinda sucks, I get the feeling they will be the closest large sporting goods store. Well, aside from Academy. But I don't like Academy.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Because people can't kill in other ways...A baseball bat and screw driver are never looked at by people.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Banned
    The move was made out of respect for the victims and families of last week’s Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting “during this time of national mourning,” the store said in a statement Tuesday morning.

Oh, lets just forget the men and women who have died defending our constitution ... nah, they don't mean anything.

The government promised us security and when they cannot deliver they blame us...

I've been noticing that the CT State Police spokeman's so-called "updates" to the press have taken a turn towards milking the ANTI-guns & ammo emotions aroused by the Newton tragedy- one that could have been prevented with even minimal armed counter-measures.

This tactic is designed and intended to garner just such reactions by retailers such as Dickies, Academy, Walmart, and others.

What other reason accounts for the belabored rhetoric about tracing each gun, and shell casing to the work bench where it was manufactured ?

The criminal directly responsible for this targedy is known. The weaponry used is known - and yet this State Tooper goes on and on about efforts to trace the geneology of the guns and bullets....WHY ? ...... in order to martial maximum negative public opinion against the objects selected by the actor ... while refusing to address the obvious reasons that the actor was able to suceed in murdering 26 people while the only armed people who could possibly have stopped the massacre where still enroute to the scene.

Not surprisingly public school boards, and administrators are refusing to admit that on site armed protection is the common sense step that needs to be taken immediately.

If they concede this already obvious conclusion - then they admit that THEY COULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING TO PREVENT THIS TRAGEDY. Rather than do that - they will continue to try to deflect attention away from their own failure to protect those children and on the need for more stringent gun/ammo bans which will do absolutely NOTHING to protect school children, and staff today or in the future.

This approach is in my opinion inherently criminal. Parents, teachers and administrators must demand more effective security be put in place immmediately by public school districts.

guilt by association?

K...? Uh... semi auto rifles were present but not used or not primarily used in Aurora or Newtown, right?

cheaperthandirt.com pulled ALL FIREARMS from their website this morning and then posted a statement on their facebook and twitter pages saying they're reviewing their policies.

Quote Originally Posted by GunClasses.Net View Post
    K...? Uh... semi auto rifles were present but not used or not primarily used in Aurora or Newtown, right?
    After a couple of days it went from Bushmaster found in the car to being the exclusive weapon used.

Then the Hell with Dick's and cheaperthandirt. Who are cheaperthandirt's biggest customers? It sure is not the anti-gun people!

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods pulls semi automatic rifles

Quote Originally Posted by slayerinokc View Post
    cheaperthandirt.com pulled ALL FIREARMS from their website this morning and then posted a statement on their facebook and twitter pages saying they're reviewing their policies.
    Ugh, another bows to the hysterics.

Does anyone else remember about 10-15 years ago when a bunch of cons escaped from prison and stole a bunch of guns from Oshman's? They didn't stop selling guns until they were bought out by dirty hippies and guns were stolen from THEM.

I remember this because I lived right down the street from Northcross where it happened and that was my favorite mall.

Boo Hiss to Dicks!!!

So let me get this straight.

They implement laws to stop "certain" people from buying firearms and it actually works against a person that later commits murder, but they are not happy with that fact and decide to stop all people from buying any firearms!!! I think all ford and chevy dealers should stop selling cars since so many are killed each year in auto accidents and they should especially not sell you one even if you are a safe driver!

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    After a couple of days it went from Bushmaster found in the car to being the exclusive weapon used.
    I also heard that the rifle was found in the car. I was shocked when I heard the medical examiner say all injuries were caused by the rifle!!!! I guess he must have run it out to the car then went back in to commit suicide! Something STINKS! Either their facts were incredibly wrong or someone is cooking the story to suit their agenda. I think the latter is highly possible.

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods pulls semi automatic rifles

Well, there was that massive 100 car pile up on Thanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by cm2624 View Post
    Then the Hell with Dick's and cheaperthandirt. Who are cheaperthandirt's biggest customers? It sure is not the anti-gun people!
    +1 All Dick's managed to do is lose revenue that will cost some people their jobs. It is a yuppie business anyway, and will not make a lick of difference in gun sales. I won't be doing any business with either of them, and intend to tell them so.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...=1#post1867061

I noted the change in the story the other day with links and citations...
    I got a gun for my wife.. good trade!

Banned
    Dick's has always been a Blue company. I haven't shopped there since they made a big deal out of supporting leftist candidates.

Anyway, they should send all there semi-auto rifles to us. We can't keep 'em in stock, and our distributors are running low. Also, extra mags are getting scarce, and .223 and 5.56 ammo has flown off the shelves.

Politicians open their mouths and our sales skyrocket.

Another record day, our best Tuesday ever.

Quote Originally Posted by ocnva View Post
    Just heard on the news a few minutes ago that Walmart was NOT pulling their guns from sales. Walmart agreed to pull one online ad.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

You can still browse guns at cheaperthandirt but it says they don't sell firearms.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Selection_005.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	9704  

Banned
    Fools. Sales of Remington and Bushmaster have to be way up at the moment.

It is eventually going to come out that the shooter actually did not use the rifle, and a lot of people are going to have egg on their face.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

McX
    the place i work at didnt pull any guns, they just sold out entirely, including ammo.

Thanks WalkingWolf ... I saw the update on my local news also. But to clarify, my comment wasn't that WalMart was pulling (all) their guns, but that they were following suit and jumping on the bandwagon like Dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Just heard on the news a few minutes ago that Walmart was NOT pulling their guns from sales. Walmart agreed to pull one online ad.

For anyone who is still interested:

After Dick's decided to stop selling all of what they call "Modern Sporting Rifles" otherwise known to the media as "Assault Weapons" all stores were directed to remove all displayed MSRs/AWs from the shelves, and to not allow anymore to leave the store. In fact, each individual UPC was restricted from the POS system and these guns could not be sold at all. Until recently, all of these guns have just been sitting in the back. I took this to mean that this was a temporary measure and sales would resume soon, however today I discovered that is not to be. Dick's is getting rid of all these firearms. I believe these guns will be returned to their respective manufacturers. (Hopefully that means that soon there will be a small blip of these guns returning to the market after the manufacturers resell them to other dealers. But, I digress.) As far as I know, Dick's has no immediate plans to resume stocking and selling these firearms.

My 2 cents.

This is a knee-jerk reaction by Dick's Sporting Goods to their OWN PERSONAL reaction to the Sandy Hook HOLOCAUST, and their perception of the marketplace reaction.

I also felt a revulsion to the AR-15 (of which I have acquired two since 1994) when the CT State Police official (LIED) reported that as the weapon used at Sandy Hook.

Now however....we learn that the AR-15 .....did not play a part in the tragedy.

Give Dick's some time to digest it all.

In the meantime I would suggest that they consider giving all public scool teachers a 50 percent discount on Glock30's.........if they are genuinely interested in helping to prevent such tragedy ever occurring again.

Quote Originally Posted by rushcreek2 View Post
    My 2 cents.

This is a knee-jerk reaction by Dick's Sporting Goods to their OWN PERSONAL reaction to the Sandy Hook HOLOCAUST, and their perception of the marketplace reaction.

I also felt a revulsion to the AR-15 (of which I have acquired two since 1994) when the CT State Police official (LIED) reported that as the weapon used at Sandy Hook.

In the meantime I would suggest that they consider giving all public scool teachers a 50 percent discount on Glock30's.........if they are genuinely interested in helping to prevent such tragedy ever occurring again.
    I take it the MSM has not made this available, can you give me the news report so I can post it on another site?
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by rushcreek2 View Post
    My 2 cents.

Dick's made their bed, just as Gander Mountain did a few months ago (by dropping a NRA event in support of Gov Walker). Both of them can enjoy their lack of sales.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast