• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Give the gift of NRA membership. $25 (that's $10 off)

GunClasses.Net

Already a member? GIFT a membership to someone special this holiday season.

Click here to give a membership or to renew your membership: Join NRA

Membership includes: • 24/7 defense of your Second Amendment freedoms • Official NRA members - only shooter's cap * • Your choice of monthly NRA magazines (Premium Digital Editions now available) • Membership card and decal • Insurance for you and your guns • Free Admission to NRA's Annual Show ** • Invitations to "Friends of NRA" dinners and other special events and more...

GUNCLASSES.NET (Div of Practical Training Solutions, LLC)
612.424.7955 x101
http://gunclasses.net/

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
If Obam'er can go around Congress with an executive order, I don't what good any gun right group could do. He's gonna do what he wants.
Which is why we have guns.An evening spent researching the history of government easily demonstrates that government will not follow the law. Government will twist or ignore the law to get what it wants. Always.I read a stunningly simply explanation a few years ago. In so many words, the author pointed out that government does not respect rights because rights are not necessary to accomplish whatever the government individual actors want to accomplish. Rights are a hinderance on them. Which is why we have guns.

self preservation

If you're talking about a revolution, I wouldn't hold my breath on that being successful. I know that is one of the reasons behind the 2nd, but back when it was musket against musket. Not .45's against fighter jets. And I don't think that the American people have that hunger for freedom like they did back then. We are brainwashed to obey.

"During the American Revolution, the active forces in the field against the King's tyranny never amounted to more than 3% of the colonists."

I doubt by todays mind set if we would have .000000003% of people fighting.

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2009/02/what-is-three-percenter.html

eye95

NO! The NRA has incorrect information about Alabama laws and aren't the least bit interested in information from anyone who has not sent them a check. How arrogant.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
If you're talking about a revolution, I wouldn't hold my breath on that being successful. I know that is one of the reasons behind the 2nd, but back when it was musket against musket. Not .45's against fighter jets. And I don't think that the American people have that hunger for freedom like they did back then. We are brainwashed to obey.

"During the American Revolution, the active forces in the field against the King's tyranny never amounted to more than 3% of the colonists."

I doubt by todays mind set if we would have .000000003% of people fighting.

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2009/02/what-is-three-percenter.html

Who says a revolution is necessary?

Rebellion and insurrection that do not overturn the government have a long history. Shay's rebellion and the Whiskey rebellion are two in our history. In British history, Cromwell merely captured Charles I initially. He and most of those on his side had no intention of demolishing the monarchy. They merely wanted the king to play fair and follow the rules. It wasn't until after Charles refused to budge on his position and fomented a second civil war that Cromwell & Co. realized it was pointless to try to work with him and had him tried and executed.

Jefferson's comment about hoping our country did not go twenty years without a rebellion was clearly not talking about revolution. His point was that the government be reminded the people have a spirit of resistance.

It need not be an all-or-nothing revolution.

Although, it will be a little dicey for the leaders of the squashed rebellion.