• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

cheaperthandirt.com suspends Gun Sales

slayerinokc

I was browsing guns at cheaperthandirt.com this morning, and the guns disappeared right before my eyes. I went to their facebook and twitter pages and saw the following post:

"Cheaper Than Dirt! is suspending online sales of firearms effective immediately. We are reviewing our policy internally, and will continue to be the leader in the outdoor industry with our full line of gear and accessories."

.....and so it begins..... :(

Davy Sprocket

I read this then went and checked their website. Sure enough the entire section of firearms for sale on the left hand menu is gone.

Glock 1st fan

Well I can tell you this. I browsed them years ago when they were trully cheaper then dirt. Now they need to change their name to www pricierthen hell dot com.

Whats funny is their facebook page the likes are shrinking faster then the eye can blink. I guess they did not learn from Hostess that you cant bully people into believing the same way you do and as a result will be in the history books right beside hostess as failed businesses

It's true, you can actually see the likes dropping off by the second! That's wild. So can anyone recommend a reasonably priced online source? Ideally one that still respects its customers?

Archerman99

I think someone on the I support open carry in Oklahoma Facebook page said it pretty well. This is just another example of a corporation giving in to liberal political pressure. They are in the fire arm business, you would think they would stand up for their right to do their business.

Motofixxer

So can anyone recommend a reasonably priced online source? Ideally one that still respects its customers?

http://www.budsgunshop.com/ Is a great source, you won't hardly find any cheaper anywhere. But they apparently are also shut down right now I get a page error trying to access it. The same Cloudflare logo as the error pages on this site, pops up saying something about DDoS software. After a little research Cloudflare is a brand new service with data centers around the world claiming website performance and security services. Or are they hindering and shutting down website??? Hmm Something is going on.

Last edited:

WarlordTim

http://www.budsgunshop.com/ Is a great source, you won't hardly find any cheaper anywhere. But they apparently are also shut down right now I get a page error trying to access it. The same Cloudflare logo as the error pages on this site, pops up saying something about DDoS software. Hmm Something is going on.

I think the issue is less severe, caused by a massive overload of people visiting the site that their servers/host weren't designed to handle.

I use aimsurplus.com and palmettostatearmory.com for ammo and accessory needs, haven't yet bought a gun online but they also sell guns.

Jonz

http://www.budsgunshop.com/ Is a great source, you won't hardly find any cheaper anywhere. But they apparently are also shut down right now I get a page error trying to access it. The same Cloudflare logo as the error pages on this site, pops up saying something about DDoS software. After a little research Cloudflare is a brand new service with data centers around the world claiming website performance and security services. Or are they hindering and shutting down website??? Hmm Something is going on.

Everyone from cheaper than dirt has run to buds gun shop and overloaded the site. Not to worry, they will get it back up soon.

Cheaper than dirt is almost below 200k likes on FB... I wonder how low it will go.